What's your saddest sad song?

merryone

Registered Shopper
No particular reason but this 80's groove has just got to be one of the saddest ever..but in a good way. Lyrics not contrived or smaltzy in anyway imo top choon too!
http://youtu.be/3HeqAqmsBIo

I really hope she was wrong, you never find out, but you kinda know she's not :(

C

Capirossi

Guest Shopper
For some reason, Moon River (Andy Williams/Breakfast at Tiffany's) always makes me cry - even though I love it :what:

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

rosey

Registered Shopper
Mine is 'You've got a friend - by James Taylor' this is because it was a song my best friend had played at her funeral when she died of Leukemia when she was just 40. Always makes me cry - but not because it is a sad song.

vampyre

Blood Drinking Iconoclast
Wild Horses from The Stones and Hurt, the Johnny Cash version.
For personal reasons, The Flame by Cheap Trick tears me up inside.

rosey

Registered Shopper
Old Shep!!!!

Or The Rose but only sung by Bette Milder all other versions are total Sh*te!

I love The Rose by Bette - she has such great feeling in her voice - not necessarily the best voice in the world but the emotion is amazing.

Shepherdess

Registered Shopper
Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton, I played it when one of my dogs died a few years ago and every time I hear it, it is like he has died all over again and I fall apart again.

AnnaBanana

Registered Shopper
I think I listen to sad songs exclusively, so I could post a thousand links and still not have got through all my favourites. But this one in particular does have me in tears every time I listen to it. Might not be everybody's cup of tea, but it is mine: "Hold My Hand As I'm Lowered" by Noah & The Whale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhD67ZEy5Lc

China Girl

Registered Shopper
I have several,but 2 stand out for me---cats in the cradle--by Harry Chapin, and man of the world--by the original Fleetwood mac.

sublime

Registered Shopper
Eleanor Rigby.
Guaranteed to clear your party in seconds.