Wheel of Deals

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, they always mention that they work on tiny profit margins, compared to High Street jewellers who work on much higher ones. But they are buying and manufacturing the pieces for pennies! Which is why thay can sell so cheaply and can still lower the price by hundreds of pounds when things are not moving. It drives me insane when they show the price of a stone and quote thousands of dollars per carat, and then intimate the stone in the ring they are showing for £50 is the same. If that’s the case why wouldn’t you sell it for thousands of dollars? 🤣🤣

Oh, that was strange! Today between 9 and 10am they have a wheel of Deals of extremely expensive jewellery.... And one pair of Gucci sunglasses. That's the most random thing ever! Did any of you catch that?

Does anyone else hate it when Ellis squirts that jewellery cleaning foam on the desk while counting to 50? It really does my head in lol!

Oh, that was strange! Today between 9 and 10am they have a wheel of Deals of extremely expensive jewellery.... And one pair of Gucci sunglasses. That's the most random thing ever! Did any of you catch that?
Damn missed that. I see Manager Steph is covering this morning.
Does anyone else hate it when Ellis squirts that jewellery cleaning foam on the desk while counting to 50? It really does my head in lol!
Yes!!! And this whole dirty boy/dirty girl thing is making me nauseous.

She’s selling jewellery cleaner. A guy used to come on with it, and she would suggestively call them a dirty boy. Now Hayley is a dirty girl, as they were cleaning her jewellery. I find it all a bit creepy. Kati has just been explaining why she is doing such great offers. Basically it is because the lab is putting the prices up daily, so she needs to clear the warehouse out so she can place an order when the price is cheaper. I can’t see the sense in this, as the same thing will happen when she next places an order. I also can’t understand why she can’t place an order, confirm the price and arrange delivery to suit.

Ellis has just done a 2 hour show with Jainey Bennett with some ginormous singing bowls (where the heck would you keep those?!) and is about to do a 2 hour health and wellbeing show with Poppy - I don't think she will have any jewellery at all on her show today

I caught about a nano second of it and just knew it would do my head in. Ellis was nearly out of her mind with excitement so I fled to TJC where Mark was struggling to sell a grands worth of Aquamarine. 🤣🤣

I am a spiritual person and as you say, each to their own. However, I don't push my beliefs onto anybody and I feel uncomfortable when others do that to me, or anyone else. Jainey has been getting more and more pushy about her crystals, angels, singing bowls, chakra's and all manner of things. More and more time is given over to it on Gemporia and the Lifestyle channel too. She is always talking about chakra's, meditiation and being a practicing reiki healer. I like and practice some of those things,not all. I don't think one size fits all and my large arse is testiment to that fact :) But as I say, I keep my ideas mostly to myself. I hate indoctrination, I was subjected to a gut full of that growing up. Ellis has totally bought into Jainey's ethos (great for her) and she is also constantly banging on about it and pushing it on folk. Enough! It is supposed to be a sodding jewellery channel after all.

Were you surprised to see Gemporia selling Virgin Mary and child medals the other day? I had never seen them doing that. It was a show with Jess Foley.

Perhaps they think they should try to appeal to Christians as well as people like me? Who am I kidding, anything to make a buck! I have seen some cross pendants before, back in the old days before the homewares tat of today. Some of them were actually tasteful to be fair but all the new Chinese stuff is really poor quality. I haven't seen any Muslim jewellery but maybe I missed it.

I occasionally read trustpilot and feefo reviews for a bit of light entertainment. An awful lot of people complaining about broken and flimsy items that are not fit for purpose. Of course, most people decide to chalk it up to experience because Gemporia refuse to cover return postage cost until they have the item back and have "inspected" it. Sometimes they refuse to accept that the item is faulty and you get your broken angel, or whatever returned back to you. So, then you are ou 2 sets of postage and thecost of theitem you end up binning. Seems like a money making scam to me, your word against Gemporia and guess who they believe?

Latest posts

Back