• 9-12 months

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • over a year

Votes: 24 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yazrose

Registered Shopper
Well with alot of their items being overpriced and even their silver items being overpriced, that together with their rubbish CS lately.

I was wondering when the last time anyone bought anything from them.

For me it was last summer, I got some lovely items but everything lately is so overpriced that I haven't been able to buy a single item, not even the silver items.

they haven't really had anything on worth while anyway.

Hadn't bought much at all last year from Gems, got my Mum a lovely black and white pearl necklace, and got this for Christmas from my Mum and Dad. It's so much nicer IRL, the white topaz accents are actually clear and sparkly and quite diamond like, and the split shoulder shank is lovely too. The link really doesn't do it any justice at all.

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/Shop/productDataSheet.jsp?productid=UOP1008menuselection=3&colourScheme=1
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/Shop/productDataSheet.jsp?productid=UOP1008

:doggie:

Just looked back and was surprised to see it was December! Before that it was July. I bought some pink tourmaline, imperial topaz, faceted rose quartz and green amethyst. Very nice pieces and I've no doubt I shall buy again but I don't often see anything to tempt me these days. :spider:

I stopped buying from Gems after purchasing a pair of post and butterfly earrings which were such a problem to get off that I nearly ripped my lobe off.

They were inexpensive silver earrings but the hallmark had been put on the posts which caused ridges and made it practically impossible to get the butterfly off once it was on!!!!. Spoke to CS who wanted me to take them to a jewellers and have them filed down then send them the bill. The nearest jewellers was in town - 10 miles away and then I would have had to pay for parking which they wouldnt refund. They refused to alter them and wouldnt take them back so I havent bought from them since. It may seem petty when they were so cheap to start with but just got to me at the time. I did tune in a while back and found that the price increases would have put me off buying from them anyway.

Bet

Almost six months ago now - after a bad experience with Customer Services.

It was a silly little matter but the totally offhand CS man who wasn't at all interested in sorting things out really made me angry.

25.08.08 Marcasite & amethyst brooch and a marcasite & chrysophase pendant.

I did buy a diamond bracelet but promptly returned it when I got a snippy e-mail saying I had been mistaken when I had complained about not receiving a promised complementary up-grade bracelet box with it. No, Gems TV I was not mistaken! Bitter...moi? I vowed never to shop with them again. I used to be a loyal customer, and I know it upsets some St.com members to hear me going on and on in a less than positive light about Gems.TV but...I feel I have every right to vent my spleen. How would they like to be told they had lied when they hadn't? I shall endevour to put this behind me and not keep going on about it, but it'll be hard.

My last purchase was Sept 2008 - Maricota Amblygonite ring. Prices too high now, I'm not tempted to buy at all. CS phoned my home and let the cat out of the bag that I had purchased. They said delivery would be extra to my work address. Hubby was not happy, I decided it's not worth the hassle.

I fall into the 9-12 months category. Gems just lost its way for me and the flames went out. That said I do go and have a look now and again and have seen a couple of things I would have gone for had finances allowed!

i picked the 9 to 12 months as it works out at 8.5 months. since then i have often had stuff in my basket but never actually wanted it enough to place the order or found anything else to go with it to make it worth my while ordering.

i used to love gems but they have some silly prices now. silver rings at 80 quid? i think not.
i have a couple of things in my basket at the mo that may make it over here but i am running out of time to place the order... i may just have to do without lol

The last things i bought were my Mintabie Jelly Opal rings, since then i found they went downhill and other channels got my custom.

Just over a year ago. Refused to buy when they increased shipping to Northern Ireland up to £12.50. Only started buying when they decreased it in the first place to £5.95 for all of the UK.

Hated the new website when it arrived, the prices where way OTT compared to before.

I've picked 9-12 months because I used to buy weekly from GemsTV - this stopped when SteveA left, the website changed and the prices went up. However, I did buy a pair of earrings between Christmas and New Year so technically I'm fibbing with the 9-12 months but it felt more right and to pick a lesser timeframe would have been misleading.

I bought a ceramic watch from Gems just after Christmas with some money my MIL gave me for Christmas however that is the first purchase i have made with Gems in over 8 months. Is a shame, the designs used to be lovely but now i am bored with what they have to offer.

Hey ho. Is saving me a fortune.

I did buy a Mintabie Jelly Opal Pendant and a small Majestic Tanzanite ring in the three month long 'sale' just before Christmas, before that a Sky Blue Topaz ring (the Vogue style ring) last June and then nothing since November '07. That's two orders in 2008, whereas before I could sometimes order twice a week!

I did vote for 0-4 months as it was November when I last ordered, but it feels like I should have gone for around a year as that was when I was last buying regularly. My las order was a disaster from a financial point of view - when I paid, they said it hadn't gone through, paid again, same message, then my CC company froze my account when I tried to pay for a third time. Gems CS were very rude when I phoned up to sort it out, I ended up paying by phone because I wanted the order, so my CC was maxed out by two "pending" payments that Gems claimed they could do nothing about except wait till they expired. When the fairly large delivery arrived, I found it quite underwhelming and I found their settings were increasingly bizarre. Since then, any time I've looked I've found very little of any substance to drag me back in - and astoundingly high prices on most things.
I think my intense affair with Gems is well and truly over. I could be a much wealthier woman by now, if only I hadn't turned a brief encounter with Steve Bennett into another expensive obsession!

if only I hadn't turned a brief encounter with Steve Bennett into another expensive obsession!

I tell myself that it's actually cheaper buying from Rockstv, because instead of just one item at GTV prices, you can get a whole basket full, so I'm really spending less:laugh:

:doggie:

Feel the need to defend Gems a little so gonna get my protective gear on............... I personally have been purchasing from gems for forever even before it was gems. I love the presenters and have to date never had a truly bad experiance. Even when I had a few pieces that I didn't like or that broke on me I called CS and they were great. It's true that they have had a few gremlins to iron out and more than likely still do have a few issues but the same could be said for any shopping channel. Personally I love Gems TV, I did stray when some of the newer channels came onto the scene, I cheated on gems and I admit it but my loyalty is firmly back where it belongs. Right now where is that protective head gear I was looking for......lolx

Bought from Gems last week. Was a pair of earrings and they're very good for the price I paid. However 99% of my purchases all come from Rocks & Co, and near enough every single one has been great. Snatched a brilliant pendant two weeks ago. I think it was a computer error because it's been out a couple of times since at a far higher price. Don't you love bargains like that? :18:

Have dabbled once or twice in Rocks Tv, but some of their stuff just isn't me particularly some of the silver and kind of big look items. Saying that I did buy a nice amethyst white gold pendant and for the price it was good. But I very much doubt I'll be a loyal customer there.

I did buy during their sale,a really nice trilogy morganite £69 and an opal ring £42,these were great buys but I had bought rarely in the previous months,everything was too dear.Since the sale ended,well what can I say.Never in a million years.

I did vote for 0-4 months as it was November when I last ordered, but it feels like I should have gone for around a year as that was when I was last buying regularly. My las order was a disaster from a financial point of view - when I paid, they said it hadn't gone through, paid again, same message, then my CC company froze my account when I tried to pay for a third time. Gems CS were very rude when I phoned up to sort it out, I ended up paying by phone because I wanted the order, so my CC was maxed out by two "pending" payments that Gems claimed they could do nothing about except wait till they expired. When the fairly large delivery arrived, I found it quite underwhelming and I found their settings were increasingly bizarre. Since then, any time I've looked I've found very little of any substance to drag me back in - and astoundingly high prices on most things.I think my intense affair with Gems is well and truly over. I could be a much wealthier woman by now, if only I hadn't turned a brief encounter with Steve Bennett into another expensive obsession!

Not sure if you mean the same thing but has anyone noticed that the gold banding on alot of the rings has gone thinner? Or is it just me?

Latest posts

Back