• 5-8 months

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • 9-12 months

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • over a year

Votes: 24 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nearly two years ago for me. I think it was diamond pendants.

I'm thinking of getting rid of a lot of the stuff I bought, I'll never wear it so what's the point of keeping it. lol

Where's the 'never' option? 'Cos I never have and don't plan to either! :lol:

the gold weight used on everything is a helluva lot less than even a year ago let alone from when gems first started. when u look at the old code items they have at least 3 gr of gold on a ring. I remember the old adverts saying that gems hallmark all gold items over 1 gr and that meant just about everything but since then i have seen pendants with less than 1 gr of gold

I have not bought from Gems since july 2008 when they had a product recall on a pendant i bought and had given away as a gift. The c.s.was so bad that i vowed not to shop with them again and i had been a very regular customer from the very start and had bought about 150 pieces of jewellery from them. It was at this time that Rocks tv started and i have been giving them my custom since and the c.s is the best i dont even bother to watch the other channels now i can only spend it once lol

OK OK,so I said never in a million.....but the silver flower earrings went down to £10 and I had a £5 voucher. Obviously you can't rely on anything I say

I bought 'George', my Tanzy pendant in June of last year, then nothing at all until a couple of weeks ago when I found some Patroke Kunzite earrings on the web. There's too much choice elsewhere these days and nothing much has grabbed me to be honest. It's not for the want of looking though!

It's been over a year since I bought anything. I used to love Gems and had some great bargains but the prices have gone up such a lot and they now sell far too much silver for my liking. To top it all, Lucy really irritates me, when she's on I switch off as my ears can't stand it.

I bought two rings from the web in August '08 as they were gems I didn't have and had always fancied but I felt at the time it may well be the last time and it has proved to be so.

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UOT9108 £59
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UDZ7590 £56

I did buy a gorgeous Magnolia Morganite pendant earlier the same month but before that it was way back in Nov '07 when as usual most of the haul went back.

Sadly I always returned more than I kept and it was getting silly seeing pieces I loved the look of, but were a disappointment on arrival so now if I see something I like on the rare occasions I watch or visit the web (Gemstv is still the only jewellery channel we get on cable :tantrum: ) I tell myself it won't look like that when it gets here and don't order. Besides the website looks cheap and annoys me and anything halfway nice is in the overpriced shop bit. :grrr: Too much silver stuff for me too.

I will always be grateful I was able to buy my AAAA Tanzanite at what I think was a good price and I do have some nice pieces from them, but mostly it was very hit and miss. I will admit to buying a few Gemstv pieces on ebay where the photo is of the actual piece and at a bargain price though..... :whistle:

I have since bought 7 things from Rocks&Co and love them to bits all with fabulous generous sized gems which were exactly as they appeared on screen via the webstream but I can't get enthused by RocksTv's stuff at all.

My high spending is hopefully now over as I have all the biggies I craved and although I may give myself the occasional treat in the future it's unlikely I'll see it on Gemstv although I do like some of their presenters and feel awful not buying from them, daft or what?

Last edited:
I lost my Gemaholicness when Steve Ashton went,he made me smile. They gasp in amazement when they open a box which makes me feel that they are treating me like an idiot cos I can make my own mind up if I like something or want it. I like Rockstv,prices are good,its fun,CS is excellant,and you get 30days returns policy,so I moved to them. Sorry Gems.

I broke my own rule about not paying over £100 for a 9ct piece and bought this heart ring recently. I was prepared to expect carp and to send it back but I was shocked cos it's actually stunning!! :52: :pPC:

The diamonds are far far better than I thought they'd be PandaBear and being pave set it's like one big sparkle on the finger. Nice solid feel too. :YAY: :pPC:

Just taken delivery of a pad. colour sapphire pendant. Used my £5 gift vouchers so made it affordable. Their prices have gone up and I don't like the new collectables, scarves or bags. Is it my age or am I turning into Victoria Meldrew.

Just taken delivery of a pad. colour sapphire pendant. Used my £5 gift vouchers so made it affordable. Their prices have gone up and I don't like the new collectables, scarves or bags. Is it my age or am I turning into Victoria Meldrew.

I don't believe it. :10: :9:

I used to buy some back before April 2008, but then kept getting disappointed with the color or quality of the items I bought that it was sent back for a refund. About that same time I started to learn more and more about known treatments and new treatments being used in gemstone marketing that I lost all trust in the industry. Just as well, in today's economy,really,who can afford luxury items?????

I broke my own rule about not paying over £100 for a 9ct piece and bought this heart ring recently. I was prepared to expect carp and to send it back but I was shocked cos it's actually stunning!! :52: :pPC:

Sue - c'mon hun, fire up the camera! I think that the Gems photos don't do these items justice. Would love to see a real life shot.

It's being made smaller as we speak Meesh, well not right at this moment obviously :25: but it's with Dave my jeweller and I'll pick it up next weekend, and then I'll take a carp photo for you hon. :D Even Dave said it's a nice ring which was praise indeed coming from someone who makes such gorgeous stuff himself. :pPC:

Its about 8 months since I bought and that was two pendants my Mum wanted for presents. I used to watch nearly every day & buy at least once a week. I HATED the new website & I always prefer to buy nline rather than phone..so that put me off..plus the higher prices & drop in quality. I look at Rocks, but have not bought yet..I buy now Gems pieces that are listed on a well known internet website!!

Latest posts

Back