Where has Anne Dawson gone ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You're right. I never buy if certain presenters are on, even if I might be tempted. I just can't be bothered to listen to all the carp and not enough info on the product. Chloe Everton is one such person and Jill Franks is another.

I buy less now but sometimes I do get cajoled into buying something if it's a presenter I like, e.g. Jilly Halliday, she always prises my money out of me.

CC

I agree 100%, Bb. If it were me, I know I wouldn't want it posted on social media every time I had a stomach upset. I don't blame anyone for not wanting it broadcast - some of these presenters would put it on facebook when they went to the loo or burped, they are that desperate to be noticed (I can think of at least two at Q who fit this description!). I wouldn't wish ill on any of them, but their private lives do not interest me in the slightest - all I want from a selly telly presenter is clear delivery of what they've got to say, and detailed and accurate information about the product, so that I could make an informed decision. 'Professionalism' sums it up - and some of these presenters could do with a refresher course in the same. How true's the old saying about starting to believe your own publicity - I'm sure some of Q's presenters think they are superstars in their own right, and presenting the item to us plebs is just incidental to their appearance in the limelight. They need a reality check - they're salespeople, nothing more.

I think if presenters are on sick leave or are leaving the company it's no ones business but their own. Surely people have a right to privacy in these matters. Obviously some of them talk about every little deatail of their lives openly on air. I couldn't care less who is on sick leave or absent for some other reason as they mean nothing to me.

Debbie Flint has another ulterior motive for wanting to make QVC customers her "friend" and that is the more people that think they are, the more "followers" she has on Twitter and Facebook, the more slutty "novels" could be possibly bought and boring weeks away at her guest house booked. She's an odious, selfish little woman who uses both QVC and their customers for her own personal gain.

You're right. I never buy if certain presenters are on, even if I might be tempted. I just can't be bothered to listen to all the carp and not enough info on the product. Chloe Everton is one such person and Jill Franks is another.

I buy less now but sometimes I do get cajoled into buying something if it's a presenter I like, e.g. Jilly Halliday, she always prises my money out of me.

CC

At least JF extolling the virtues of Quacker jeans is good for a laugh.

I'm new to this forum but have read your posts for some time & I love them. I see you as the person in the staff room who has the courage to say the things everyone else wants to say but won't. Your succinct comments about all things Q & Ms Flint in particular are lemon juice in a cut. After many years I still buy from them but never watch the live hours; I buy online only after checking all info & picking out any relevant comments from the videos. The presenters are a woeful bunch & DF is particularly loathsome. Her 'add on sales' technique drives me mad, I was interested in something last week & she stopped the guest in mid sentence to inform us of how good this tunic would look with a certain piece of jewellery, how to find the details & how to order. She then told the silenced woman to continue. After reading all the comments about her B&B I looked at one of her blogs & it gave me the impression of an online white elephant stall, complete with card stars in neon colours.

Yes and what's bad about her selling tactic Twilight is the "get YOURS now!!" trick/comment. It's not "YOURS now!!" till you actually pay for it so yes, I too find her and her hard sell loathsome.

Yes and what's bad about her selling tactic Twilight is the "get YOURS now!!" trick/comment. It's not "YOURS now!!" till you actually pay for it so yes, I too find her and her hard sell loathsome.

DF's psychology is spot on for hard sell. That one is part of the "assumptive close" where you talk as it the customer has already decided to buy. It must be successful because she uses it constantly. One of the other favourites is "don't miss out" which is perfect in an era where FOMO is "a thing". Fear Of Missing Out.

These days there is absolutely nothing that doesn't annoy the heck out of me about my one-time favourite presenter.

:mysmilie_357::hi: Twilight welcome to the forum!

I like Ann so hope she recovers from her fall soon. Talking if presenters totally sick of a certain other arrogant female presenter ranting on about how long she has worked on QVC. Really outstayed her welcome, rude presenter who looks down on others so lets hope the nice presenters get well soon and QVC retire off out stayed lresenters- time for change QVC.

Welcome to the forum Happykitty; look forward to reading your posts :mysmilie_3:

I'm new to this forum but have read your posts for some time & I love them. I see you as the person in the staff room who has the courage to say the things everyone else wants to say but won't. Your succinct comments about all things Q & Ms Flint in particular are lemon juice in a cut. After many years I still buy from them but never watch the live hours; I buy online only after checking all info & picking out any relevant comments from the videos. The presenters are a woeful bunch & DF is particularly loathsome. Her 'add on sales' technique drives me mad, I was interested in something last week & she stopped the guest in mid sentence to inform us of how good this tunic would look with a certain piece of jewellery, how to find the details & how to order. She then told the silenced woman to continue. After reading all the comments about her B&B I looked at one of her blogs & it gave me the impression of an online white elephant stall, complete with card stars in neon colours.

Welcome Twilight.:wave::wave:

And DF "buy all the colours and send back what you don't want" without saying a different colour classes as another p&p as only extra in same colour is half p&p. Not that any of it makes a difference, the p&p is a decision maker killer anyway.

And DF "buy all the colours and send back what you don't want" without saying a different colour classes as another p&p as only extra in same colour is half p&p. Not that any of it makes a difference, the p&p is a decision maker killer anyway.

And, of course, omits to say whilst encouraging customers to buy all the colours, that if you return too many items you will get 'the letter'.

Welcome to our new members - the more the merrier and no picky deletion of posts which do not pass the party line.

This is from someone who has had 2 emails ignored, 2 reviews rejected and a question rejected all in the past 10 days and is totally p'ed off with Q.

The only one who made a big deal was Debbie Greenwood, she vented her opinions on twitter. At the end of the day it was all down to money, nothing else. She did not get the contract she wanted and and QVC let her go. The presenters negotiate their salary and terms with QVC, if not happy then that is it bye bye. I cannot see QVC announcing has left because they didn't like the money we offered. :mysmilie_17: Said fan clubs would be non stop please give them the money.

The only one I have ever heard mention his new contract was MeCharlie, who did so in passing in a diamonique show of all places.

Others have left having a change and doing something else Anthony Heywood, Kara as mentioned,Sara G who is now back as a guest presenter.

We all loved Debbie G! Remember her doing The Thornton's shows and she was very funny and natural! :mysmilie_17:

We all loved Debbie G! Remember her doing The Thornton's shows and she was very funny and natural! :mysmilie_17:

I agree with you, she was always natural & warm. Life hasn't been kind to her recently & I also think that leaving the Q was more than difficult for her. I'm glad to see that she's positive & moving on.

Anne has said on her blog that she hasn't been on QVC since May due to illness but she will be back this weekend.

Latest posts

Back