Where has Gok gone?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Almerinda

Registered Shopper
Wasn't Gok supposed to do a monthly show with Alex Kramer? Ruth Langsford stood in for him when he had a road accident but that was a while ago and I haven't seen him or any of his garments on air for quite a while. His first TSV didn't seem to be very popular so perhaps his line has been discontinued already. Dropped out of the inventory like shopping after 30 minutes in a basket.
Also, what has happeend to the Coco Bianco lady (Jessie/Jessica?)? I haven't seen her for a while either.

He's the Fairy Gokmother in panto at New Theatre in Cardiff, all together now - "Oh yes he is". I assume he'll return next year, having written that there are 15 WULI:LUU items on the website & 8 are 'Special price'. Of course, that could mean that the brand's really popular & the Q's getting ready for spring designs but most of them are still available in every size. It sounds cruel but along with Vonda & the two Abis/Abbies/Abbeys Jessica Jay makes my teeth ache & isn't missed.

Wasn't Gok supposed to do a monthly show with Alex Kramer? Ruth Langsford stood in for him when he had a road accident but that was a while ago and I haven't seen him or any of his garments on air for quite a while. His first TSV didn't seem to be very popular so perhaps his line has been discontinued already. Dropped out of the inventory like shopping after 30 minutes in a basket.
Also, what has happeend to the Coco Bianco lady (Jessie/Jessica?)? I haven't seen her for a while either.

I think Jessie is a Commentator for Motor Racing so she is often away doing that.

Jessica ? I last saw her in an advert for something - she was sat in a hairdressers chair with her hair in big rollers :biggrin:

Come on now, Gok's "collection" was a collection of ghastly clothes that aren't selling. Time for a re-think. You can't just put out any old guff and expect folk to by it because Gok says so.

CC

I don't thnk he's coming back!

No sign of him this month either.....

He's having a paddy because QVC asked him to front some overpriced horrible clothing that bombed. Exhilaration is replaced with exasperation

He's now MBE so could have better things to do than appear on the Q. A couple of vacancies have just been announced in a certain firm so maybe he's hustling for one of those.

I rather think Gok was a better fit for Sainsbury's than he is for QVC. I'm not being nasty, as I sit here predominantly clothed by Sainsbury's!

The UK operation doesn't have the clout that the US operation has to demand proper commitment from the "names" fronting brands either. Q have done better with Ruth Langsford because she herself is the right demographic, and they have managed to get blocks of regular slots with her. I think if some of their other slebs doing household items or jewellery were to be touted as clothing "designers" they wouldn't work because some of them have dress sense we wouldn't recognise or conceive of wearing (Amanda Holden, for example)... and they are hit or miss in their availability to come on air and front up the brand.

He's an MBE ???? lord above, How much lower in the gutter can these 'honours' get ? seems all you have to do is win a baking contest, dress yourself (or others) like an idiot, tell a few jokes or state the bleedin' obvious in discussion programmes, and you're in.

Back in the early 60's my Dad got a youth club off the ground in a disused school from scratch, got a local football team going for the lads and netball team for the girls up and running, he then organised weekly dances to raise funds for various local projects, and what did he get for his efforts ? nothing.

He did it all for the love of it in his spare time, while working his proper job - at the coalface of a mine, and my Mum put up with it, so it grieves me that people like him then and now, dont get the recognition they deserve, yet these 'awards' are given out like confetti to the less deserving, for what? baking a rubbish cake for the Queen and 'services to' the profession they have chosen to do.

Angry Rant over.

Gok's monthly show is back on Friday this week.

Who cares, his first and only TSV was a disaster so hope his line disappears!

Gok's monthly show is back on Friday this week.

Yes, saw a bit of the repeat. I think he needs to take a look at his own wardrobe; those low slung trousers make him look totally out of proportion. Am I mistaken or did he mention that there was to be another TSV soon?

Latest posts

Back