Which presenters like/dislike their colleagues?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They may not be on actual commission but the sales figures obviously count for something monetary as they have been caught a couple of times off mike discussing the sales figures.

I agree, that’s what QVC live for but I think them discussing the sales figures would have more to do with the brand or brands that hour wanting to know how well they’d done and if their products were popular or maybe QVC just wanting to know how they did in general, but yes I agree, first to last that’s all QVC care about, funny thing is if they offered better service, free returns and cheaper postage their sales figures would be a whole lot higher 😂

I remember and it might even still be on youtube the documentary they did a comparison of QVC and IW.

IW was shown as the new kid on the block and QVC the biggest selly telly ever.

Anyway, the clip they had was a beauty hour with AY remember when she wore the white salon-like uniform?
In her earpiece, AY was being told the number of sales she had for the hour I remember it clearly £20,000. It was not a TSV or a one-brand show but the In the Salon With Alison mixture of products. We had a post on here about it and really surprised at being able to sell that amount of money in an hour. Oh, and Decleor,Elemis etc were much cheaper back in those days.

Yes, and when Kelly Hoppen was new to the channel, she was heard saying - when she thought her mic was off, "well that was a good £60,000 in an hour". So imagine the amount made when they sell hundreds of thousands of Elemis tsvs - which they plug for days on end. Millions !!!!!

I was friends years ago with a certain sbc lady years ago before she became so proudly crazily far right and Tommy Robinson loving and convinced sharia law was taking over the uk etc . She said they would tell you consistently in your ear piece how much was selling in money value and whether to ramp it up etc

I was friends years ago with a certain sbc lady years ago before she became so proudly crazily far right and Tommy Robinson loving and convinced sharia law was taking over the uk etc . She said they would tell you consistently in your ear piece how much was selling in money value and whether to ramp it up etc
I used to follow her on Twitter till fairly recently.

I was wondering if any of the presenters don't get on with any others at QVC and which are good friends? (You can tell we're in lockdown still and I'm bored!)

I know that Ali Keenan is good friends with Charlie & Kathy Tayler but I don't know about the others. In the studio it's always 'the lovely so-and-so is up next with....' but when is it false?

Get your thinking caps on, I'm curious lol :-D
Are you trying to insinuate that they are not all one big 'happy QVC Family'!

I think Andi Peters 'struggles' with anyone else bar Dale when he does his show, I have seen him on with Chloe and Katie and whilst Katie can just about manage, Chloe, well she was just being Chloe (not good anyway). In reality, I think it is more the 'Brand Presenters' that come on, that some presenters have more difficulty with, as apart from Alison (Beauty Expert?), there is not usually two presenters together (though Alison usually does the show herself now, could never understand why those shows needed (what equated to) two presenters), and is just presenter and guest. Some of the presenters work better with some of the guests, but if Chloe or Mihael (SP), presents with someone else they are insufferable, talking over them, if they have not been given air-space for more than five seconds). No, whilst all have their foibles (and boy do they), the best presenters are the ones who have made that their career and know when to listen and when to interject (or over talk if they have 'voices in their head'). The only person (and sorry to all here), who I feel is not in this boat is Ali Keenan, however considering Chuntly is not a trained presenter, she seems to do a sterling job (I know she is not a lot of people's favourite and I can 'take or leave'), but at least she allows people to talk!

Latest posts

Back