Who are your favourites?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Some voices and accents drive me to the mute button. I like Rosa and Chunts because they are calm and quite low pitched with no desperate shouting and hectoring. For me, the best presenters/guests are the ones who make me forget it’s selly telly. That does NOT mean I want to hear inane drivel. Calm and pleasant does the trick.
Anne Dawson has a pretty accent, but the decibel level soon starts rising. She was practically shouting at Gok's yesterday and talking over
him time and again. Who wants her frumpy advice? He was good natured, however, and let her carry on. What did he really think of her, I wonder.

I do like Dale - he's a bit more old-skool and restrained than the others. Less hard sell, and he always comes across as affable and good-humoured. I used to strongly dislike Jill Franks, but since her voice issue has forced her to stop screeching and squawking, she's actually rather good.

My least favourite is probably Alison Keenan. I've never bought that folksy 'I'm just like you routine', and the woman is incapable of letting anyone else speak for more than a sentence before having to jump in with a inane comment or unnecessary interjection. She's constant blabbering on in the background and interrupting people's flow, which I find distracting and incredibly rude at times.
I agree with you about Dale. He's one of the better ones in my opinion.

Hello my customers just written my 97th book Give Me More Freebies!
Yes just dashed it off while walking through a beautiful 🌳 forest,how peaceful it was with the suns rays dazzling my face, as they bounced off my crown.
Must go now have to stick my big toe in the bath 🛀 tap,got book 98 to write in a spare half hour,time is money and my built in wardrobe waits for nobody.

Except when she pronounces 'white' as 'woit' and 'gold' as 'goald'. She's so obviously trying to be Kensington when she's really Whitechapel.
She sounds Surrey to me...her accent is similar to my cousins. No idea if she is from Surrey, though.

Anne Dawson has a pretty accent, but the decibel level soon starts rising. She was practically shouting at Gok's yesterday and talking over
him time and again. Who wants her frumpy advice? He was good natured, however, and let her carry on. What did he really think of her, I wonder.
I like Anne, she's pure Glasgow and I like that. I've many friends in the West (I'm from Edinburgh) and the accents are completely different. She does ramble on a bit but "you know" they all do :D

CC

I often find that if you don't expect to understand people it is easier to understand them. It might take a little more attention.

Kathryn Goldsmith is currently on the Kipling show, and is driving me nuts with her machine gun rapid fire delivery. Its back to GB News.

Chunts is sickly
Del Boy check out your basket suckers ( insert inane grin )
Dale yes Andy
Julia let’s not go their
Knuckles a bit of a drag
The list goes on🤐

Latest posts

Back