Who do you prefer and why?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
Of the three 'witches' (in the nicest possible way), who of the regular guest presenters do you prefer

Gabrielle Bradshaw
Anne Dorrington
Gill Gauntlet.

The reason I 'lumped' these together is that they are all reasonably interchangeable in that they can (and do) present the same kind of items (sometimes each of the presenters present the same item), so just wondering what people's views on them were.

Of course this of course could open a wider discussion onto other 'groupings', but the above was because they are 'broad spectrum' guest presenters!

Without meaning to sound rude, I personally can not watch any of them, the thing is though you’ve got to give it to them the fact that they can lie as easy as they breath. There will be lots of items consistently with one star and to hear them you’d never know it. I think they’d all make good advocates for Kleenex.

Best of those is Gill Gauntlett, she's OK even if she sells carp. Worst is Anne Dorrington who instills in me the same rage I get when ten wasps buzz round my head. Don't know why, I just want to put her in a box and send her anywhere, never to return. I think it's those stupid voices she puts on. Ms Bradshaw I can take or leave.

CC

None of them annoy me to the extent that I'd switch the TV over, but that's probably because I know they generally wouldn't be appearing on the show for the full hour.

One thing though, I could never understand (and still don't) why Gabrielle Bradshaw actually appears on Q, because she's a talented artist in her own right. Q must be paying her more than enough money for her to do it though and who am I to judge anyway really? If they were offering me 5k in my back pocket for telling a few white lies, I'm sure I'd be there like a shot.

https://www.gabriellebradshaw.com/about

https://www.gabriellebradshaw.com/commissions-1

I couldn’t give an opinion on any of them as I never turn the sound up these days in fact I don’t know who any of them are. If I see something I might buy I look on line to find out about the product before I make a decision which does not happen much these days.

I can't give an opinion as I don't think I have ever seen them. I only watch if someone on here has given a heads up about a TSV or a bargain.

I don't have a preference because they are all equally unnecessary & annoying. In the golden olden days of QVC those whose company produced the items were guests & some were very good. Gradually this has changed & now we have these random people just turn up & they give the regular sales staff a run for their money when it comes to being banal, irritating & downright unprofessional.

Think all three are far too heavily relied on by the QVC presenters.
It’s about time they prepared for the hours and knew the products they are supposed to be selling.
Rather than the usual reading out item numbers, easy pays and ways to order.
Followed by gabbling on about blogs, social media and anything personally they want to blatantly boast about.

Of the three 'witches' (in the nicest possible way), who of the regular guest presenters do you prefer

Gabrielle Bradshaw
Anne Dorrington
Gill Gauntlet.

The reason I 'lumped' these together is that they are all reasonably interchangeable in that they can (and do) present the same kind of items (sometimes each of the presenters present the same item), so just wondering what people's views on them were.

Of course this of course could open a wider discussion onto other 'groupings', but the above was because they are 'broad spectrum' guest presenters!

You missed the shocker from the group of generic household and garden items "experts".

Beverley Cressman - I just googled her and she's an actress, and was in Dr Who back in the day. I wonder if the voice she speaks in on QVC is her natural voice or put on specially I find it intolerable to listen to.

I'm sure all of them are perfectly lovely in their real lives, but they spend too much time on our screens selling too much tat for me to want to see any of them as a good thing.

Luxform massive disappointment GG
Voice is annoying and everything is brilliant, they are not AD
No opinion on GB apart from not being hyper

I switch off when common Katy the 'fashion' expert with the blue fingers appears, and another I switch off for is Alison O'Reilly, who is now listed on her website as "Private Client Jeweller, TV Jewellery Expert and Presenter".

I was under the impression that she was a jewellery designer and maker, but in best flowery terms on the website, she was actually a shop assistant in a jewellers who became a buyer who introduced costumer jewellery into the mix. Her qualifications is a mere Retail Diploma, no degree or anything in jewellery design.

Then there's this bit ..................."More recently Alison has concentrated on sourcing contemporary, exotic gems not seen on the high street, which she combines with diamonds in bespoke designs created by artisan goldsmiths in London’s Hatton Garden and Birmingham’s jewellery district." Which to me doesn't read that she makes jewellery, that's done by proper jewellery makers elsewhere.

http://www.alison-oreilly.co.uk/

I've said all along that she spends too much time on the tele, so how can she sustain a workable business and keep clients happy, as she has long maintained. Sorry, but its bu......it all the way with her.

You missed the shocker from the group of generic household and garden items "experts".

Beverley Cressman - I just googled her and she's an actress, and was in Dr Who back in the day. I wonder if the voice she speaks in on QVC is her natural voice or put on specially I find it intolerable to listen to.

OMG yes, Bev of the reclining chairs. Squeaky, screechy voice, intolerable.

CC

Of the four or five mentioned BC is the one I always switch off, her voice is like chalk on a blackboard. I also can't take to Katy the fashion guru,for some reason she always remind me of a bag lady,imo nothing looks good on her. Who do I prefer ,,, TBH none of them.

I don’t mind Alison O’Reilly but had a look at the website posted by Brissles.Agree talk about making a fairly basic background sound a lot grander! Takes the prize.Thought some of the pearl pieces looked like Honora.I watch QVC so little these days don’t know who most of them are.

Ah yes, Katie the fashion woman. Her hair is always a mess, her face is caked with orange make up and she wears fake leather trousers that don't fit her. Would you believe she has personal style clients??? Not for one minute.

CC

Gill gauntlet always looks likes she wants to explode with absolute pride at every single piece of tat that she sells...if you don't let her deflate she looks like she is going to attack someone with whatever she is selling at that moment in time

I switch off when common Katy the 'fashion' expert with the blue fingers appears, and another I switch off for is Alison O'Reilly, who is now listed on her website as "Private Client Jeweller, TV Jewellery Expert and Presenter".

I was under the impression that she was a jewellery designer and maker, but in best flowery terms on the website, she was actually a shop assistant in a jewellers who became a buyer who introduced costumer jewellery into the mix. Her qualifications is a mere Retail Diploma, no degree or anything in jewellery design.

Then there's this bit ..................."More recently Alison has concentrated on sourcing contemporary, exotic gems not seen on the high street, which she combines with diamonds in bespoke designs created by artisan goldsmiths in London’s Hatton Garden and Birmingham’s jewellery district." Which to me doesn't read that she makes jewellery, that's done by proper jewellery makers elsewhere.

http://www.alison-oreilly.co.uk/

I've said all along that she spends too much time on the tele, so how can she sustain a workable business and keep clients happy, as she has long maintained. Sorry, but its bu......it all the way with her.

She was like a spoilt teen on the Eek show with Pipa. Managed to squeeze in the fact that she got married in Marrakech, had a party the day after the wedding & she wore Eek, how good of her.

Latest posts

Back