Who is this woman on TJC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rubia

Registered Shopper
Her name is Joanne she never stops talking about herself and over the other presenters!! Very very annoying!!! Saw her for the first time on the beauty channel TJC and switched off now, this morning she is on the main channel with the gardening show!! Once again I switched off!!! Terrible presenter in my opinion hope she is not staying it's bad enough coping with Chloe whom I also switch off. The option which saves me is TJC has a missed line...

She has been on Ideal World for years. I’m sure shes now part of the presenting team. I heard Mark mention that they were going to lunch together, so maybe she is covering for Loen?

She has been on Ideal World for years. I’m sure shes now part of the presenting team. I heard Mark mention that they were going to lunch together, so maybe she is covering for Loen?
Yes I recognised the voice.

I do hope not!!

Last I saw of Joanne she was doing those teleshopping adverts that air at 2am when all other "real" programmes have ended.

It's bad enough having the pound shop Paul O'Grady turn up and growl at the camera about beauty products (why anyone would trust a man who looks like he colours his hair with Domestos about looking better is beyond me), but Joanne is like someone continually droning at you non-stop at 500 decibels.

I won't be watching her.

Last I saw of Joanne she was doing those teleshopping adverts that air at 2am when all other "real" programmes have ended.

It's bad enough having the pound shop Paul O'Grady turn up and growl at the camera about beauty products (why anyone would trust a man who looks like he colours his hair with Domestos about looking better is beyond me), but Joanne is like someone continually droning at you non-stop at 500 decibels.

I won't be watching her.
It's not that I won't be watching her I just can't! I will no longer subject myself to watching presenters I do not like because they are selling something I want! As for Peter when he first joined he was dressed smartly and his hair was fine now, well he's scruffy his hair is in constant need of touching up I honestly think he looks rough most of the time! He needs to take a real look at himself as he is not doing himself any favours imo. I also wish he would stop being Chole's lap dog it's pathetic. He is quite good on his own

It's not that I won't be watching her I just can't! I will no longer subject myself to watching presenters I do not like because they are selling something I want! As for Peter when he first joined he was dressed smartly and his hair was fine now, well he's scruffy his hair is in constant need of touching up I honestly think he looks rough most of the time! He needs to take a real look at himself as he is not doing himself any favours imo. I also wish he would stop being Chole's lap dog it's pathetic. He is quite good on his own
I actually think that we are pretty much in agreement here, you know. 😉

Couldn't stand Joanne on IW, and always switched over whenever she appeared on screen. Which is why I choose not to watch her shows.

Peter Sherlock was pretty OK on the Bid/Sit-up channels. Well, compared to the likes of Peter Simon, Mike Mason and Sally Jacks. Until the wheels came off towards the channel's end and it became a massive and desperate grab for viewers' cash anyway. That was the start of his journey into becoming a "beauty guru".

I was never much of an Ideal World shopper, having had the usual bad experiences early on, but I do remember her on there. Peter Sherlock, Beauty Guru, hilarious 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I actually think that we are pretty much in agreement here, you know. 😉

Couldn't stand Joanne on IW, and always switched over whenever she appeared on screen. Which is why I choose not to watch her shows.

Peter Sherlock was pretty OK on the Bid/Sit-up channels. Well, compared to the likes of Peter Simon, Mike Mason and Sally Jacks. Until the wheels came off towards the channel's end and it became a massive and desperate grab for viewers' cash anyway. That was the start of his journey into becoming a "beauty guru".

I'm now at a loss beginning to think I live in a bubble! I was led to believe Peter was a qualified beauty guru! Chloe goes on and on about how good he is!! I mean she thinks she knows all regarding everything however, I have seen her ask him for his opinion!! So what is his is claim to fame in the beauty world? For crying out loud I really need to shake my head as I didn't even know Ellis (Gems tv) had broke up with her husband till today. The things I learn on here everyday!!

I was never much of an Ideal World shopper, having had the usual bad experiences early on, but I do remember her on there. Peter Sherlock, Beauty Guru, hilarious 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I know, I know. If Peter Sherlock is supposed to be an advert for the assorted gunk and machinery that's supposed to have us all looking totally fantabulous with minimised flaws, then how great can it all be?

Even funnier when you think that his last selly telly job before TJC was working at Ideal World as a brand ambassador for one of those "magic" ointments that's supposed to temporarily minimise wrinkles.

Why spend hundreds on pricey beauty tech along with assorted potions and lotions when you can just slather your fizzog in Fabulift for £40?

Hi VapidStoat I think you are right, we certainly do agree on many things just wish I was things more clearly. Living in a bubble is not good you miss out on so much

Hi VapidStoat I think you are right, we certainly do agree on many things just wish I was things more clearly. Living in a bubble is not good you miss out on so much
I definitely don't know everything. Be boring if I did!

But I don't watch selly telly to get to know the presenters. I am sorry for any facing something serious and potentially life-changing or threatening, but I just started watching shopping telly when I was going through a really bad time a few years back and it was a good distraction when I needed it. It didn't feel like a chore, and I didn't need to concentrate hard on what was going on.

I think that is when I started noticing all the tricks and ruses most presenters on shopping telly channels use. I didn't really have that urge to buy (though initially I did fall for the blather at times. Luckily on nothing expensive!), so I didn't have that need to believe in the waffle. Especially after sending back crap that was nothing like it had been described on screen 😏

After that, I found this site. And have learned a LOT more about how most of the channels operate. I now tend to watch the presenters more than the items they're flogging. Unless the products are spectacularly awful 😁

I'm now at a loss beginning to think I live in a bubble! I was led to believe Peter was a qualified beauty guru! Chloe goes on and on about how good he is!! I mean she thinks she knows all regarding everything however, I have seen her ask him for his opinion!! So what is his is claim to fame in the beauty world? For crying out loud I really need to shake my head as I didn't even know Ellis (Gems tv) had broke up with her husband till today. The things I learn on here everyday!
A check of his LinkedIn profile has no beauty qualifications. He is a Beauty and Fragrance Buyer. I’m sure I could be a Beauty Guru too, after cribbing off a few websites and reading of the back of a box. He’s a salesman, and seems happy to sell each and every beauty product as the Holy Grail. I can’t watch him.

I know, I know. If Peter Sherlock is supposed to be an advert for the assorted gunk and machinery that's supposed to have us all looking totally fantabulous with minimised flaws, then how great can it all be?

Even funnier when you think that his last selly telly job before TJC was working at Ideal World as a brand ambassador for one of those "magic" ointments that's supposed to temporarily minimise wrinkles.

Why spend hundreds on pricey beauty tech along with assorted potions and lotions when you can just slather your fizzog in Fabulift for £40?
Oh, how true! I remember during Covid he introduced the Skinformative Mask and Moisturiser, £150 each on the Skinformative Website, yours for £29.99 ! I ordered the mask, which resembled wallpaper paste and was equally difficult to remove. For some reason, boredom probably, I thought I’d check the website. The home page was overlaid with a message saying all their stock had been taken by TJC. I thought this was a bit odd, but thought I’d have a look at the rest of the website. There were just the two products on there, but oddly enough when you clicked on anything a little message came up ‘this is where your customers will see the shipping charge’ . Clicked elsewhere and these messages were everywhere. The website was not finished and at no time could you have placed an order at £150 for either of the products. I’ve been deeply suspicious of Mr Sherlock ever since.

Well I've just learned something else new.

Well I've just learned something else new.
If you stick around and pay attention to the presenters' spiel, and not the products, you soon pick up on tbe patterns, tropes, tricks and ruses they use to flog you stuff that you might have never wanted, or ever need.

Take away all the friendly chat, the welcoming words and the oversharing of personal info, and what is left is someone who is desperate to get viewers to buy their wares.

Rather like used car salespeople, but without the ethics or morality. If you only buy occasionally, then that's not great but it's OK. If they've convinced you that you're part of the shopping channel "family", then bingo! You might very well come back on a regular basis.

And if you think that thiese people are your friends, then you won't believe that they would ever lie to you.

I remember when Ellis Ward left TJC to join Gemporia. There was a particularly vulnerable member of this forum, a carer for a poorly relative, who absolutely adored Elis. Lord knows why, since she had a smug, condescending attitude back then too. They proudly posted that they were going to make a point of watching Ellis' first show on that channel, and buy something, anything, just to help her "settle in". I don't know whether this person had much disposable income, but from previous posts they made I doubt it. And they couldn't, or wouldn't, see how doing this for someone they only knew as a salesperson on the telly might be a... Not very normal thing to do. And that Ellis wouldn't give a hoot about their unneeded and unwarranted sacrifice on her behalf.

If you stick around and pay attention to the presenters' spiel, and not the products, you soon pick up on tbe patterns, tropes, tricks and ruses they use to flog you stuff that you might have never wanted, or ever need.

Take away all the friendly chat, the welcoming words and the oversharing of personal info, and what is left is someone who is desperate to get viewers to buy their wares.

Rather like used car salespeople, but without the ethics or morality. If you only buy occasionally, then that's not great but it's OK. If they've convinced you that you're part of the shopping channel "family", then bingo! You might very well come back on a regular basis.

And if you think that thiese people are your friends, then you won't believe that they would ever lie to you.

I remember when Ellis Ward left TJC to join Gemporia. There was a particularly vulnerable member of this forum, a carer for a poorly relative, who absolutely adored Elis. Lord knows why, since she had a smug, condescending attitude back then too. They proudly posted that they were going to make a point of watching Ellis' first show on that channel, and buy something, anything, just to help her "settle in". I don't know whether this person had much disposable income, but from previous posts they made I doubt it. And they couldn't, or wouldn't, see how doing this for someone they only knew as a salesperson on the telly might be a... Not very normal thing to do. And that Ellis wouldn't give a hoot about their unneeded and unwarranted sacrifice on her behalf.
You described Ellis perfectly

Latest posts

Back