Why can’t they just tell you the price?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I admit that I have bought a few bits from the channel in the past, but generally have spotted something I’m interested and then keyed it into their website to find out how much it is . I cannot see the point in spending about 30 minutes listening to them waffling on whilst a plucked out of the air ridiculous price is displayed on screen to be given a different price until they finally tell the viewers how much they want for the damned thing. I just cannot see the point - tell us the price and stop messing around

The tragedy of it all is that some of them might think they are entertaining us and creating some hype with such theatrical antics and might never imagine how annoying it can be.
I have been wondering how big is the farce. Do the live presentation offer lower prices than the website or they basically replicate the prices on the website? Today they will have a rubellite in 9k gold at 8pm which is being offered on the website at 499.99 pounds. I am curious to see if they go lower than that during the live presentation. If they are basically offering things at the same online price, their theatrical antics of asking people to be on the telephone line in order to lower prices, the endless price drops become even more absurd and aggravating.

The tragedy of it all is that some of them might think they are entertaining us and creating some hype with such theatrical antics and might never imagine how annoying it can be.
I have been wondering how big is the farce. Do the live presentation offer lower prices than the website or they basically replicate the prices on the website? Today they will have a rubellite in 9k gold at 8pm which is being offered on the website at 499.99 pounds. I am curious to see if they go lower than that during the live presentation. If they are basically offering things at the same online price, their theatrical antics of asking people to be on the telephone line in order to lower prices, the endless price drops become even more absurd and aggravating.
From what I've seen, this is not the case. They know from the outset how much something is, so all this playing around with prices is an utter waste of time. I don't see the problem with them displaying the silly price, just as long as they display the price they're asking straight away. Most people don't give a toss about how much they purport something supposedly costs elsewhere, or has cost before. If they're interested in the product and they like the price, then they'll buy it. Perhaps by spinning each presentation out for ages, they can catch more customers, but I'm sure if you're like me, you'll switch over and watch something less boring instead

How DARE you!

You mean to tell me if they sell a ring with a starting price of £5,000,000 and eventually drop the price to £29.99, you don't believe it could have sold for £5,000,000?

I for one believe EVERY SINGLE THING selly telly presenters tell me, so there!

;)

Last night TJC were shilling an Electronic Gadget, I guess it was some kind of massager than you are supposed to use on your face.

They claimed that, at the ‘bargain’ asking price of over £500 you were saving ………. over £5000!

And people were actually buying it

Last night TJC were shilling an Electronic Gadget, I guess it was some kind of massager than you are supposed to use on your face.

They claimed that, at the ‘bargain’ asking price of over £500 you were saving ………. over £5000!

And people were actually buying it
I know, it must've been one of those Opatra gadgets they're always flogging. They always finish up costing a few hundred quid. Like you said they're successfully blindsiding people with the idea that they're saving thousands. I've checked out their website and their products do have crazy crazy prices, and they seem to have won quite a few industry awards. All I can say is if they were that good then surely you wouldn't have to search for them, the name would be out there and everybody would've heard of them.

I know, it must've been one of those Opatra gadgets they're always flogging. They always finish up costing a few hundred quid. Like you said they're successfully blindsiding people with the idea that they're saving thousands. I've checked out their website and their products do have crazy crazy prices, and they seem to have won quite a few industry awards. All I can say is if they were that good then surely you wouldn't have to search for them, the name would be out there and everybody would've heard of them.

I think opatra are quite well known these days. I have seen them in many shops like harrods and selfridges. My local beautician has their synergy range and charges a fortune to have treatments done with them! So I’m glad I found tjc and that I could get them at a better price

Have you seen how expensive the moissanite jewellery is today? The final price of a moissanite halo ring in sterling silver was, for my pocket, so high (140 pounds) that I initially thought it was the starting price and they were going to have more price drops. I actually have three rings from TJC I love, all in gold, all earth mined gemstones, and the two more expensive ones were not much more expensive than this moissanite ring.

I think opatra are quite well known these days. I have seen them in many shops like harrods and selfridges. My local beautician has their synergy range and charges a fortune to have treatments done with them! So I’m glad I found tjc and that I could get them at a better price
Their technology certainly appears to be innovative. I would like to hear more about their hair brush for thinning hair. One of my cancer treatments has that as a side effect and it's a major concern of everyone in my cancer support group. Sadly, I neve seem to catch any presentation with the brush.

Their technology certainly appears to be innovative. I would like to hear more about their hair brush for thinning hair. One of my cancer treatments has that as a side effect and it's a major concern of everyone in my cancer support group. Sadly, I neve seem to catch any presentation with the brush.

I have the brush, it works miracles. The opatra lady is on everyday

I will keep an eye open. I think she is on in the morning when I am rarely around to watch it. I will make a point of watching now. Thanks for your feedback of the product. Always great to hear what other customers think before buying something.

Try watch the TJC Beauty channel too, sometimes the Luxe Brush is aired there too, and also you can send a text message in to ask when it might be back on. A word of caution tho, you mention cancer, you would need to check if you can use the brush if you are undergoing chemo currently. The brush is brilliant tho :)

It's not an Opatra gadget this time, It's a TENS type device for the face, but still silly priced.

Latest posts

Back