Why do I even bother?????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

diamondgirl

Now a Gran to Olivia May
On the 26th of July I placed quite a reasonable order with TJC, it was items from their online auction that I had bid for and won. I had the usual confirmations and paid within the time allowed and had a confirmation of my total order etc. I sat back and waited,I did sort of think by today 1.8.2013 that I would have a notification of despatch so I went into TJC website and tried to track the order.......... to be told it does not exsist.... so I checked my order history...!!!!!! .ITS BEEN CANCELLED. WHY??????? well on phoning CS on their 0844 number which I have to pay for as its not included in my free calls I am told that some of the items were not available:thinking: which is strange cos they were advertising them as available in an auction and I was told I won them????.
I am then told they cannot send out a part order?
So thats that :down:

No order, no email telling me there was a problem, no nothing.:sad:

I have over the years spent thousands with TJC and feel so so so so let down by them, I am fed up with the apologies and bad service.
Does anyone know if by advertising items and being told you have won them and not getting them whether its a trading standards issue??? I cannot believe they treat customers like this.

Very annoying DG. Can you ask CS manager to call you back. I have in the past order shipped with items missing due to not passing QC (from online auctions) so don't understand why they had to cancel the whole order.

I recently won quiet a few online auctions and did receive them all but some came damaged. Shame as they were good bargains. I did get a refund on the damaged pieces.

Does anyone know who the CS manager is now? Is it Mike walls?

Last edited:
No hon. Mike is no longer the Operations Manager. When I recently spoke to someone at TJC I prised some information out of him that Mike has actually left the company altogether which is a great pity as ime he always went the extra mile to sort out any cock-ups. I wasn't told who had taken his place.

I got this number from my say no to 0870 iPhone app. I called it to make sure and it gets you through to TJC customer care 020 8783 3485

I know I am a bit late for this query but maybe for future reference :)

PJ

TJC are a complete shambles. I "won" an online auction for a colombian emerald pendant. After 7 days & with my order history still not saying the item was dispatched I called customer services who promised to chase it up. A few more days passed & I called again for a progress report only to be told that apparently I had cancelled the order & did I still want the item? I told them that I hadn't cancelled the order & very much wanted the item. Days passed & still no pendant so I called again & was told the item hadn't passed quality control. The next day I called again to see if they had any similar pendants & was told that there was no record of it failing QC & they would dispatch immediately. A few days later & still nothing I called again & was told that they couldn't locate the item!
So, glutton for punishment that I am, I won another similar pendant on the online auction & paid for fast track delivery.
Needless to say it didn't arrive on time. TJC refunded the postal charge but when the pendant arrived ... It was damaged!!!
I'm pretty sure now that the items on the online auctions are return stock & would urge anybody to check their items carefully. I don't think I will be ordering again in a hurry!

No hon. Mike is no longer the Operations Manager. When I recently spoke to someone at TJC I prised some information out of him that Mike has actually left the company altogether which is a great pity as ime he always went the extra mile to sort out any cock-ups. I wasn't told who had taken his place.

Thank you Sue :). New CS manager is Rupinder Gill. She is great if you ever need to get in touch. She has been with tjc long enough so not new to tjc.

Thank you Sue :). New CS manager is Rupinder Gill. She is great if you ever need to get in touch. She has been with tjc long enough so not new to tjc.

A very well deserved promotion for Rupinder! She has helped me in the past and was always great. Now I hope she manages to sort out the rest of the CS department because I've had issues with them lately and I've found them less than helpful - rather snotty and confrontational at best and, shall I say, economical with the truth at worst. I certainly didn't feel like a valued customer, more of a nuisance really. Having said that, I've had some lovely pieces from them recently, just hope I don't need to deal with CS again.

Thanks hon. I'm so glad Rupinder is still with them as she was always very polite and helpful to me when I was buying from TJC. She deserves to be CS Manager. :clapping:

Latest posts

Back