Why do we watch and discuss QVC when IW is better?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I actually had a nose and IW yet another airfryer. They also have a limited range of their special of the day brand wise.

To tell the truth no way can they charge the prices for their fashion and the workers get paid minimum wages if made in the UK.

Pity Jerome the makeup attacker no longer appears he was brutal. The only skincare I see if flicking around is Elizabeth Grant? Jewellery it is the men's watches.

People ordering do you phone in and pay or order from the website? I tried to have a nose on the website, and it took so long to load the pages and I have superspeed and a new laptop only a few months old. No problems with any other site.

Guessed it in one - scarecrow hairstyle- and the fact she's representing a brand that's basically layer upon layer of cheap looking sheets of fabric doesn't really help, it just adds to the story...all that's missing it's a few ears of wheat strategically placed throughout. How she can stand there in a pair of saggy old jeans and a baggy old top and and invite us to pay good money (a lot of good money) to achieve that sort of look is beyond me!

I actually had a nose and IW yet another airfryer. They also have a limited range of their special of the day brand wise.

To tell the truth no way can they charge the prices for their fashion and the workers get paid minimum wages if made in the UK.

Pity Jerome the makeup attacker no longer appears he was brutal. The only skincare I see if flicking around is Elizabeth Grant? Jewellery it is the men's watches.

People ordering do you phone in and pay or order from the website? I tried to have a nose on the website, and it took so long to load the pages and I have superspeed and a new laptop only a few months old. No problems with any other site.
If I see something I want on the telly, I just key in the item number on their website and haven't had any issues.

I use the website, loads quite quick on my iPad.

Believe it or not they pay more than minimum wage for the clothes, that’s what was stated on SM a few years back anyway. What it is is they buy the stock, and when they have it on offer or get new stock of a different item of clothing in, they reduce the price. Because they have an Amazon and eBay shop and don’t give away freebies left right and centre, their profit margin isn’t as big, that’s how they can charge what they do. I’m not arguing about it, you like what you like and I like what I like, we’re all different but they must be doing something right to offer cheaper postage, products and free returns, can’t be just a few of us on here keeping them going.

I would never phone IW because the phone charges are high to say the least. I’ve always ordered on their website and, on a couple of occasions when I’ve had to contact them, I’ve emailed their CS. They’ve replied within a few hours and the problem has been rectified. From what I’ve read, you’re lucky if QVC reply to emails within 72 hours which is hardly convenient, so maybe the C should be dropped from their name.

IW use Hermes for deliveries (although you can pick orders up from Asda) and, as my Hermes team are superb, I’ve never had an issue with them (so far.)

I use the website to order.
They have had Stacey (?) with her make up on before the pandemic.
The one that used to be on QVC that has her hair in rollers and transforms before our very eyes like a loud butterfly.
I seem to remember that on one showing most of the stock had sold before it came to air, although I am well aware that this is a normal selling tactic for IW I wouldn't be surprised if on this occasion it was true as her make up seemed very popular.

Crikey everybody`s leaving. Pretty soon there`ll be nobody left for me to bore stupid. Come back ladies and let`s have a brew (not a witches brew ) and let`s move on doing what we all do well ie talking, laughing, complaining and putting the world of selly telly and everywhere else to rights. As the yanks say "you say potato, I say potahhhto , you say tomato, I say tomahhhto etc" between us all we make a cracking mix of opinions, temperaments, personalities and tastes, it`s what makes this forum tick !

Well, I’m not leaving so feel free to bore me stupid, although you’ve yet to manage that. 🙂

I wouldn’t let anyone drive me off a forum because they don’t agree with my point of view, but I guess I’m a fairly tough cookie. What’s the betting that they wouldn't dare say the same thing to my face though. It’s all very well typing behind a screen but I think that, in the real world, they’d be very meek and mild. If anyone cares to disagree then fire away. 😉

I’m really sorry that some people have felt that they’ve got to leave because of others’ comments. I hope that they’ll reconsider or even re-join under a different name.

Crikey everybody`s leaving. Pretty soon there`ll be nobody left for me to bore stupid. Come back ladies and let`s have a brew (not a witches brew ) and let`s move on doing what we all do well ie talking, laughing, complaining and putting the world of selly telly and everywhere else to rights. As the yanks say "you say potato, I say potahhhto , you say tomato, I say tomahhhto etc" between us all we make a cracking mix of opinions, temperaments, personalities and tastes, it`s what makes this forum tick !
Is it my imagination or are some posts missing? I could have sworn I posted one which along with others aren’t visible. Mine had nothing controversial it was much like yours Vienna.

Is it my imagination or are some posts missing? I could have sworn I posted one which along with others aren’t visible. Mine had nothing controversial it was much like yours Vienna.
Yep some posts have gone now LATI but let`s hope people decide to stay.

Eh? have I missed something, I know I was out today, but I'm on here a lot of the time but haven't noticed anything amiss....who's gone if you don't mind me asking?...and like you say...we all get on really well I thought!

I have removed some posts whilst I investigate issues that people are having. We don't want anyone to feel like they have to leave.

Please remember anyone who feels a post is inappropriate or that they are being targeted by a forum member then please let me know, my PMs are always open plus we have the 'report a post' function which will alert us to a post.

I'm equally mystified. I haven't noticed any rows except a minor disagreement about IW vs QVC in the morning but no further posts since as I haven't looked. Whoever you are, please don't go.

Latest posts

Back