Why do we watch and discuss QVC when IW is better?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I did notice a post yesterday which was not from a name I recognised and it seemed a bit ‘odd’. I can’t remember why now but that’s old age for you. After reading this thread yesterday I switched over to IW and I actually ordered something for the first time in years.

Well I will state I think both are dire these days. I am not a fan of IW as nothing they sell appeals to me. QVC are very close to getting there for me now.

So I have no interest in:

Fashion

Gardening or ornaments for the garden

Car Cleaning stuff

Electronics as in refurbished mobiles or new ones, buying TVs from them, fans, radios, vacuum cleansers.

Candles, home decor things like mirrors, boxes and the other stuff like that.

Men's watches.

Diamonds make from a meteorite or a star former IW latter Q.

DIY

I think that covers it for me.

Oh, and a thread raising IW should that not be in the IW forum? Because those who love IW will defend it and those who prefer Q will defend them. Fight Club.

I did notice a post yesterday which was not from a name I recognised and it seemed a bit ‘odd’. I can’t remember why now but that’s old age for you. After reading this thread yesterday I switched over to IW and I actually ordered something for the first time in years.
Trolls at large maybe? Dunno, but then I'm just a nosy * (insert whatever you want to call me).

TBH I lost the thread of the arguments I only know I don’t want our members to fall out and leave, especially over IW and or Q as neither are worth it.
Storm in a teacup? I didn't see posts where people got upset but Good Lord, there's been some major fights on here over the years I've been on here. Some people went in the huff and left and lots of new people arrived. Some got banned! No one should fall out over 2 shopping channels surely :eek::eek: (the drama lol).

I do buy things from IW, mostly gardening, I bought a mini oven a while back and we use it every day and I have on occasion bought clothes. I've always found them efficient and you can return free and you get your refund within a week or 10 days. I've never had anything from them that was clearly used by someone else, unlike QVC who are pretty bad for that.

CC

Has anyone considered that it could be a member of the QVC resistance movement (AKA a Binlid) posting things to cause discontent and fallings out amongst members of this forum so we are too busy infighting to question QVC's shortcomings, poor service, sending customers used, soiled items, questioning the need for so many freebies etc etc.

Has anyone considered that it could be a member of the QVC resistance movement (AKA a Binlid) posting things to cause discontent and fallings out amongst members of this forum so we are too busy infighting to question QVC's shortcomings, poor service, sending customers used, soiled items, questioning the need for so many freebies etc etc.
The thought struck me, too, Susie. I don't know what happened but whoever's gone, please come back and don't let trolls have the last say.

Just had my QVC delivery left by Hermes in wheelie bin, despite a notice on my door saying that I was in and to ring the bell. No note left, I only looked in it by chance when it was well overdue.

I’ve just seen that post in your “what is the weight .....” thread.

Your posts appear to be multiplying. 😉

I did that. Lasted years before I dismantled it, as I ran out of room. Solid as a rock.
The frame of the waterbed is superb and I will re-use it, but it has a solid wooden base, and ordinary mattresses need ventilation below them to avoid condensation.

So tomorrow I am going to make an internal frame of slats to put the mattress on.

I have had a slatted bed for 40 years (different mattress 😛😛) but there is no give and with advancing years we are both finding our bones have too many aches and pains so we are going to buy a new divan one in the next few months.

I have had a slatted bed for 40 years (different mattress 😛😛) but there is no give and with advancing years we are both finding our bones have too many aches and pains so we are going to buy a new divan one in the next few months.
I have to have a bed with legs so I can see at a glance that there isn't anything or anyone lurking underneath.

Having a bed with drawers or any other storage in the base would be my worst nightmare... well I would be too unsettled to sleep so I would not be having nightmares but you get my drift.

When I was a child my mum used to tell me that if I got out of bed in the night a hand would grab my feet and drag me away to feed the devil.

Sixty years later I still check under the bed before I get in...it used to drive my ex nuts.
I am so sorry, that is horrendous. It was also a very dangerous thing to say because there could have been a situation when you needed to get out of bed to save your life & would have stayed there rather than deal with that terrifying threat. Earlier this year people whose homes were flooded refused to leave, not because they wanted to stay, but because they were too frightened to go against covid regulations.

I've put this comment here as I think it's the best fit and not worth opening a new thread for..but what is it with the Q presenters saying that things "Look expensive"? It doesn't matter whether it's clothes or home furnishings, but I wish they'd stop saying it on 2 levels. Firstly, if you've bought it from QVC, then it is expensive and secondly is that really a selling point? I'd much rather something I'd bought invited a compliment on how it looked on me, or in my house than be told "wow, that looks expensive"! I agree that some things can look "cheap" (regardless of their cost), but to me, It would make a lot more sense for them to use the word "classy" instead.

Latest posts

Back