Why do we watch and discuss QVC when IW is better?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've put this comment here as I think it's the best fit and not worth opening a new thread for..but what is it with the Q presenters saying that things "Look expensive"? It doesn't matter whether it's clothes or home furnishings, but I wish they'd stop saying it on 2 levels. Firstly, if you've bought it from QVC, then it is expensive and secondly is that really a selling point? I'd much rather something I'd bought invited a compliment on how it looked on me, or in my house than be told "wow, that looks expensive"! I agree that some things can look "cheap" (regardless of their cost), but to me, It would make a lot more sense for them to use the word "classy" instead.
Let's face it the tat peddlers all have limited vocabulary, they even put 'y' on the end of words - autumny, eveningy, perfumey & that drives me insane!

Why would I give a monkeys if something looks expensive or cheap? If I like it, I like it, and that's all there is to it. They're using all ends up to sell stuff, that's their job and some people who believe that it's important to have an "expensive" look will be fooled by the spiel. Sad, really.

They (IW) had garden furniture set on this morning. I didn’t have the sound up so don’t know the full details but it appeared modular meaning you could have chairs, couch or lounger . I would have been interested but Mr L would have had a fit!

Blowing gales here today more like December than May. Cleared out winter clothes very few fitted, the next day it’s summer stuff which wasn’t worn last year so definitely will not fit.

They (IW) had garden furniture set on this morning. I didn’t have the sound up so don’t know the full details but it appeared modular meaning you could have chairs, couch or lounger . I would have been interested but Mr L would have had a fit!

Blowing gales here today more like December than May. Cleared out winter clothes very few fitted, the next day it’s summer stuff which wasn’t worn last year so definitely will not fit.
I've put on 9 lbs since September. Have given myself a stern talking to and am now 'trying' to eat less. But my goodness it is so hard, I just always feel hungry. It doesn't help that
Mr A can eat anything he likes without gaining much weight. Sigh.

When I was a child my mum used to tell me that if I got out of bed in the night a hand would grab my feet and drag me away to feed the devil.

Sixty years later I still check under the bed before I get in...it used to drive my ex nuts.
Aha! We had the same mother lol. It was the foot goblin that lived under my bed and if I put my feet outside the bed (to get up in the night) the goblin would drag me under the bed and eat me.

To this day I cannot have my feet outside the bedcovers in the dark. Just in case. . .

CC

Aha! We had the same mother lol. It was the foot goblin that lived under my bed and if I put my feet outside the bed (to get up in the night) the goblin would drag me under the bed and eat me.

To this day I cannot have my feet outside the bedcovers in the dark. Just in case. . .

CC
SusieSue & candycane - I'm sure that both you were both loved & appreciated by your mothers. However, I'm horrified that you were told such terrifying things & if I ever hear about anyone saying anything like that to a child I'll report them to the authorities.

SusieSue & candycane - I'm sure that both you were both loved & appreciated by your mothers. However, I'm horrified that you were told such terrifying things & if I ever hear about anyone saying anything like that to a child I'll report them to the authorities.
Aww bless you..actually my mother told me I was an accident, I wasn't the longed for son and that having me ruined her life.

Aww bless you..actually my mother told me I was an accident, I wasn't the longed for son and that having me ruined her life.
That's awful Susie. I was also the wrong gender, made more obvious because my twin brother didn't make it. One of my tasks at the beginning of the first lockdown was sorting through thousands of photos & among them were some of the cards & letters sent when I was born. My aunt's words: "I know how disappointed you must be but know you'll love it just the same" are appalling. IT! Having said all of that my mum was totally wonderful & is much missed.

These awful things said at a time of stress may or may not have been intended to cause the harm which they surely did, but even sadder is that stuff like that will always be said to control little ones who can't fight back. Most people learn from the experience in a positive way, ie not to carry it through the generations but parents are people, too, and not always perfect.

Nope, sorry, I've been last on mum's list my whole life and she went out of her way to shower little sister with lots of affection whilst telling me I would be going to the children's home if I didn't behave. We get on now but we didn't for years.

CC

Nope, sorry, I've been last on mum's list my whole life and she went out of her way to shower little sister with lots of affection whilst telling me I would be going to the children's home if I didn't behave. We get on now but we didn't for years.

CC
I am truly sorry & admire you for now having a relationship with her, I don't think I'd be able to do that.

These awful things said at a time of stress may or may not have been intended to cause the harm which they surely did, but even sadder is that stuff like that will always be said to control little ones who can't fight back. Most people learn from the experience in a positive way, ie not to carry it through the generations but parents are people, too, and not always perfect.
No, my mother treated me completely differently to my two older sisters and the more I tried to please her the more she despised me.

I clearly remember when I was ten years old I had a little dog, my only friend and the only thing in life that loved me.

One Saturday my mother came into my room and woke me up with the words 'the dog's been run over it's dead' then she turned her back and walked out, I was distraught but there were no hugs, no words of comfort...nothing.

She died when I was 34, so many wasted years of trying to get my mother to care for me, when I started working I don't think a week passed when I didn't buy her flowers, but she never changed.

These posts are shocking, I don't know what else to say.

When we were little and scared of the dark, my mum used to say "there is nothing in the dark that isn't there in the light, so never be scared of the dark"

I've never forgotten this, and told my 2 sons the same thing.

I wasn't told anything at all about the dark, or about a lot of things, for that matter, so I learned in the school of hard knocks. Lessons you don't forget.

Latest posts

Back