Why does Alex Kramer have to shout

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

puffin48

Registered Shopper
Is it me but I have to turn the sound down a couple of notches when Alex is on. I noticed in the Gok Wan show earlier that she was shouting and I have just caught her at the end of the Lulu Guiness hour and she is at it again. I nearly phoned up QVC earlier and asked her to tone it down.

Has anyone else noticed this.

I'm really not a fan of hers, especially since she started pimping her kiddie out to get her sales figures up.

I'd say it's because she's unprofessional & has no idea of how to sell anything to anyone. Using her recent family crisis as a sales ploy disgusted me.

Last edited:
I often wonder if it because I can’t bear high pitched voices but then I listen to the crap and realise it’s because they are annoying twats.

All I can say is we all have different views and values but to leave very young children at home to holiday abroad as a couple during the Easter holidays

You're not the only one. I could stick my head out of a window here and hear her without using a mic! And she suddenly seems to be developing the JR "everyone loves me" routine. Almost as annoying as Katie P mentioning her pregnancy every 5 seconds. On a repeat of the Kathy morning hour, the guest mentioned her kids and Kathy just couldn't wait to get in about her grandkid. Fine, no problem with littleuns but when did they become a vehicle for one-upmanship amongst the presenters.

I agree there’s no need for it, I suppose you can take the girl out of Bid Tv........ I find Simon Biagi is the same, but let’s be honest he’s just a pure and utter idiot anyway so you’d expect it from the cheesiest shopping presenter ever to walk this Earth.

Alex isn't too bad. Pipa Gordon doesn't shout she positively shrieks. Biagi's another one that does his fair share. Even worse though is how they all start talking over each other, faster and faster, louder and louder. They just must be heard and it's not info about the products either, it's all about them and their families.

CC

I had MANY miscarriages, but I sure as hell wouldn't have mentioned it to the press. I wonder if the pity vote does actually get her more sales.

I had to turn over when she was on with Gok and I usually like him.

I wonder if I was more interested in the products would I have more patience? Probably less as I would want info not to listen to whatever at the top of their voices. Gatling gun Keenan is a point as Honeybee/wedding (still?!)stories all delivered at a rate of knots spoils whatever little interest I may have in Eek shows.

I find I don’t mind Craig so much as his voice isn’t off the Richter scale so his family stories are only one annoying point rather than two.

I really fail to see why they think we are remotely interested in their families/holidays/houses. Yes a tiny comment now and again might seem to give the personal touch but constant oneupmanship gets on my chesticles.

Some might say that it is difficult to talk for an hour but not if they gave out All the pertinent details which now has become too much of a bother for some - yes Kathy Taylor I mean you.

I wonder if I was more interested in the products would I have more patience? Probably less as I would want info not to listen to whatever at the top of their voices. Gatling gun Keenan is a point as Honeybee/wedding (still?!)stories all delivered at a rate of knots spoils whatever little interest I may have in Eek shows.

I find I don’t mind Craig so much as his voice isn’t off the Richter scale so his family stories are only one annoying point rather than two.

I really fail to see why they think we are remotely interested in their families/holidays/houses. Yes a tiny comment now and again might seem to give the personal touch but constant oneupmanship gets on my chesticles.

Some might say that it is difficult to talk for an hour but not if they gave out All the pertinent details which now has become too much of a bother for some - yes Kathy Taylor I mean you.

Yup. These little family stories bore/annoy the arse off me. I think they need to remember the good old days when they had to pretend to be interested in the T-callers.

I want information (correct, preferably) about the items I'm thinking of buying (even if I don't buy them off Q :wink:). I don't want to hear presenters shrieking about their family dramas. I especially don't want to hear that shrieking getting louder when they're trying to talk over the guests.

I often wonder if it because I can’t bear high pitched voices but then I listen to the crap and realise it’s because they are annoying twats.

:mysmilie_15:

You're not the only one. I could stick my head out of a window here and hear her without using a mic! And she suddenly seems to be developing the JR "everyone loves me" routine. Almost as annoying as Katie P mentioning her pregnancy every 5 seconds. On a repeat of the Kathy morning hour, the guest mentioned her kids and Kathy just couldn't wait to get in about her grandkid. Fine, no problem with littleuns but when did they become a vehicle for one-upmanship amongst the presenters.

Katy P pregnant? I thought it was Eilaigh (sp?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup. These little family stories bore/annoy the arse off me. I think they need to remember the good old days when they had to pretend to be interested in the T-callers.

I want information (correct, preferably) about the items I'm thinking of buying (even if I don't buy them off Q :wink:). I don't want to hear presenters shrieking about their family dramas. I especially don't want to hear that shrieking getting louder when they're trying to talk over the guests.

Surely the art of being a good sales person is to sell the benefits of a product to the customer? Totally pointless trying to get someone who only has a windowbox to buy a lawn mower. I don't know any of the friends & relatives of the QVC sales assistants so their tastes & opinions aren't relevant. However, the exact measurements & care instructions of a garment, the fit of a pair of shoes or the way a piece of jewellery lies on the neckline are things customers need to know before parting with their money. Unprofessional, vain, inadquate & frequently risible. What a shower.

I agree there’s no need for it, I suppose you can take the girl out of Bid Tv........ I find Simon Biagi is the same, but let’s be honest he’s just a pure and utter idiot anyway so you’d expect it from the cheesiest shopping presenter ever to walk this Earth.

Biagi surely must have hearing issues for the ridiculous volume he bellows at.

I had MANY miscarriages, but I sure as hell wouldn't have mentioned it to the press. I wonder if the pity vote does actually get her more sales.

I had to turn over when she was on with Gok and I usually like him.

That is when I noticed her shouting. Gok was talking normally but I had to switch the sound down a bit so I could hardly hear him but I could hear her. Perhaps she was excited

Latest posts

Back