Why , Oh, Why?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why oh why will they not admit that just because a top material will stretch doesn't mean it should be worn stretched.

Just heard that a top will fit size 8 to 20, and Chloe's new favourite saying "all sizes fit most"

In my 60 plus years I have never found a one size item which fitted anyone who wasn't 10/12.

Having "the Garden Gnome" on Sundays was bad enough...but now he is on the Q almost every day. He must be really raking in the money, flogging his garden products.
He is so annoying and I can't bear him and his "whoarrr" :doh:
I want to know why he has another presenter with him during his presentations. while he stands there like an useless ornament:mysmilie_10:

I am not entirely sure whether he actually gets any money from 'flogging' these products, I think it is just a marketing ploy. I think they think that the viewers/punters are CONvinced (the capitals were intentional), that they trust 'the gnome' that they are going to then buy anything connected with his name. I think from Q's point of view it is a good ploy, I mean if you look at the eponymous 'flower power' then you only have to see how many people this has worked on!

I am not entirely sure whether he actually gets any money from 'flogging' these products, I think it is just a marketing ploy. I think they think that the viewers/punters are CONvinced (the capitals were intentional), that they trust 'the gnome' that they are going to then buy anything connected with his name. I think from Q's point of view it is a good ploy, I mean if you look at the eponymous 'flower power' then you only have to see how many people this has worked on!
I wouldn't trust the gnome anymore than I would trust a cabbage to manage my financial affairs. Even if the cabbage had been grown using flaaaaaaaa paaaaaaaaa.

I want to throw something at the tv every time his smug face appear, I wish he would take a long walk off a short pier.....

The gnome has the look and demeanour about him that you can easily take an instant dislike to. That's even before he opens his mouth and starts his disingenuous and often spurious sales patter.

Of course he will be making plenty he has said on numerous occasions these are his specific products he takes an established product and tinkers with it and makes it his own telling us it is the greatest thing since sliced bread

Rather than brand their gardening products "QVC" they've named them like Centigrade, Cooks Essentials and Cozze Homes which are all QVC but they know if they called them QVC it would then be a "brands own" and we all know it costs cheaper to buy a shops "brands own" so to avoid it, like with the gardening products, they name them "Richard Jackson" because they feel it's justified because he was on telly a like a thousand years ago, they charge more.

I know I posted it to another thread, but I was right about the potential TSV - there's another one coming up for the weekend. Oh joy, more boring hours of so-called gardening to look forward to. I've never known anyone else get so much airtime as he does. It's depressing - hour upon hour of the same programme. Might as well put a DVD on repeat. Just when you thought it was safe to switch back to QVC...

Of course he will be making plenty he has said on numerous occasions these are his specific products he takes an established product and tinkers with it and makes it his own telling us it is the greatest thing since sliced bread

The best thing since sliced bread would be sliced butter, to save the effort of spreading it.

I know some people say there's too much beauty on QVC and it takes up most of the airtime, but at least it's a mixture of brands and guests, whereas every ****** gardening hour contains Richard Jackson, you cannot escape him.

I know some people say there's too much beauty on QVC and it takes up most of the airtime, but at least it's a mixture of brands and guests, whereas every ****** gardening hour contains Richard Jackson, you cannot escape him.
If he's that ****** good why has he not had his own gardening show on the Beeb or a column in a main stream newspaper .... I think most of us know why......:mysmilie_17:

i think he did have a show many moons ago. anyway i bought 3 bags of miracle gro compost for £5.50 ish from amazon delivered for free no lure to buy from qvc

he is only on this week more cause its his 18th anniversary

I don't understand how he lasted all this time and I can't even calculate how much he must have made in these 18 years:doh:
During all those presentations he must have had another presenter with him, if QVC had cut out the extra presenter , they could have reduced either the cost of the product or the P & &.
If they want some one to just have small talk,(like he does) or to enjoy lying on loungers, I will volunteer for a quarter what he charges :happy:

My suggestion for a new RJ product - - -

Realistic miniature versions of him to use as real garden gnomes.

They would sell like hot cakes to his millions of fans.
:mysmilie_17: don't tell me you would buy one stratobuddy !!

I might be tempted to buy one so I could stick pins in him. Horrible little man.

Wow!! Bettyboo, another fan of the garden gnome :wink:

I also have a suggestion, plant him in the garden like they did with Victor Meldrew, stick a plant pot over his head and just forget about him..
His fan club is getting bigger:clapping:

I am sure QVC people visit this forum, can't they see how much we all " love" him?

Richard Jackson would make an ideal gormless gnome, and ironically they both do the same, just stand there doing nothing and have no purpose.
:mysmilie_17: Why don't the Q see what we are all saying:wonder: He is utterly useless and he is there week after week, with that smug look on his face. He is so bent on making money, I don't think he even has had a holiday!

Try going in Asda, they are everywhere and they even have some as tall (or short) as Richard Jackson

have they got one of these, typical Richard
5vn37l.jpg

or one of these:

2m5m55j.jpg

I like the second one :happy:

Over RJs 18 years at QVC has anybody actually seen him ever do any gardening on the show.

Only doing this:

5vn37l.jpg

They didn't even demo the lawnmower yesterday.

They had it outside, all they did was start it for just a few seconds.

It is self propelled, I thought they would have at least shown how to get it moving, even if they had no grass to cut.

But NO, so another demo to add to my previous thread about USELESS DEMOS.

PS They had the man from IW demonstrating it. The make was WEBB, an old established company. Then he told us that HE owned the company, as well as HANDY, which he demos on IW.

Seems very strange to me.

I have not seen Richard J demonstrating anything on QVC , other than lying on garden recliners and sitting on deck chairs.
He does talk of course, but nothing that I want to hear or learn from what he says.

The problem with the 'gnome' is that now Q have given him even more of an 'ego' by allowing him to have his 'own range' (read it as QVC range), that his taking it as carte blanche to be even more insufferable and boy his doing that to the hilt. I don't mind the gardening shows, indeed I have bought some plants from them, but it is just the way he makes jokes at the expense of the producer ('gross feeders' comes to mind), or the fact that he 'directs from the floor', I have said it before I don't know how he manages to get away with it, I can only think that it is because he thinks that because he has his own range that he can then do what he wants. No I think 'new broom' springs to mind!

I used to watch Garden shows too and sent for some bulbs once, I could have bought double of what I received from QVC . Then Richard J came to the Q and I just could not understand why he was the garden programs and I have not bought any gardening stuff since.

Now we buy our plants and bulbs etc from garden centers and bedding plants from wherever they are cheap.

Latest posts

Back