Wimbledon 2012

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm excited too Minim!! :mysmilie_378:My favourite 2 weeks of the whole year!! :up: Who do you fancy for the title this year hon?? :thinking:

Well, put it this way - if Roger Federer is even in the final, I'll spit! I know he's good on grass and all that and I know he's a gifted player la-la-la, but he turns me cold. His arrogance and zippy little Wimbledon logos & outfits ... ugh!

Love to see Rafael Nadal & Novak Djokovic of course. On a good day they are poetry in motion. Would like to see some new blood rising through the ranks too.
No to Andy Murray. I feel disloyal and all that, but another arrogant little tart (IMO).
He really ticks me off.

Maria Sharapova is up there I suppose with the Williams sisters - all power & grunt. Hate the grunting.
Serena might do well but I feel Venus hasn't had the heart for it in recent times.
Was quite taken with Marion Bartoli last year.

I'll have to see their faces again to remember all the women players. I think there was a British girl that I was rooting for last year.

Who say you PP?

RAFARAFARAFARAFA :grin:

The media are saying that Murray's got a "tough" draw, and making big news of the fact he's lost all his warm up matches *shrugs*.

I'd love to see another Rafa v Djokovic final.

On the women's side I'm not bothered who wins so long as it's not either of the William's brothers or Sharapova. The media seem to be bigging up our female players this year, Watson and Robson both look much stronger than some of the other British female players of the past. Watson especially, she seems to have the fire in her belly.

Best two weeks of the Summer. Hope the weather holds...

I really fancy Rafa :heart:for the title this year after a tough final with Djokovic. Federer is always a threat at Wimbledon but I believe he's past his best to be able to do it now and I think he will be more focused on going for gold at the Olympics which is the one ambition he hasn't achieved...and our glorious Rafa has!! :mysmilie_849:So up yours Fed(soon to be)ex.

I see the media are already making excuses for Gitface in case he has another disastrous tournamount but when will they actually tell the truth and admit he's just not as good as he and they think he is and stop bigging him up all the bliddy time :dull: and when I listen to Petchey singing his praises (you can stop now matey unless you're still on his payroll :rolleyes:) I want to scream at the telly "stop licking his ar$e!" I actually hope Murray continues with his recent bad form and gets knocked out early because his ugly snarling face and petulant moaning offends me and I find it hard to watch any match he's in. :angry:

Del Potro will be a danger if he stays injury free and I like his demeanour on court so I would love him to get to the semis at least. I wish the same for Ferrer who gives 110% every match he plays, whatever surface, but somehow can't seem to get a major title under his belt but all his matches are a joy to watch imo, plus I quite fancy him. :tongue:

I want Roddick to do well because this will probably be his last year on the tour, of course he has no chance of winning but he's been playing very well at Eastbourne this week (on grass) and I'd love him to have a decent last fling at Wimbers before he retires. :rock:

I'm also looking forward to seeing Raonic who is a rising star of the future imo and also the massive serving Tomic, but I wonder if he'll ban his controlling Dad from the court again. :devil:

Finally for the men, I hope the unappealing, bad tempered Nalbandian is rigorously booed by the crowd. :emo:

Now for the wimmen. Three nag race between the shriekers Sharapova and Azarenka and the gross grunter Serena I'm afraid. :dull: Radwanska could be in with a shot but she seems to have lost some form just lately and there is also a plethora of very good Eastern European girls with indistinguishable names who could suddenly pull a big one out the bag. Ivanovic is doing very well under her new coach Nigel Sears (ooh err missus.. don't tell Kim) so she will probably reach the semis and as long as she doesn't start fist pumping again EVERY bliddy shot she makes :rolleyes: she's enjoyable to watch. I would love Watson to get to the third round at least cos she's a real little fighter and a delightful girl to boot so I will be shouting for her. For some reason I can't take to Robson and although I don't wish her to do badly I can't honestly see her doing much good either.

BRING IT ON!!!!!! :mysmilie_378:

Ferrer who gives 110% every match he plays, whatever surface, but somehow can't seem to get a major title under his belt but all his matches are a joy to watch imo, plus I quite fancy him.

You've got no taste PP:grin:

"Gitface" ! :happy:

Ah yes, Roddick. How could I leave him out.:heart:
So close so many times.

I wish the same for Ferrer who gives 110% every match he plays, whatever surface, but somehow can't seem to get a major title under his belt but all his matches are a joy to watch imo, plus I quite fancy him. :tongue:

You've got no taste PP:grin:
Have you ever seen him out of his kit though Minim?? He's absolutley gorgeous scrubbed up :sun: but I do admit I have a thing about Spanish men :happy: and I'd do all the players :smirk: with the exception of the Almagro and Verdasco. I'd do Uncle Toni too. :tongue:

Out of his kit!
I can resist. Honest.

We're all different thank Gawd.

Going to stock up for next week's viewing times - Robinsons Barley (of course), Maltesers, breadsticks, mints .....

Well!

I hope you appreciate the effort I've made in here - all clean & dusted, smells fresh & ready to go.

Wimbledon's thrown a wobbler already.
I won't expand - I don't want to spoil your viewing if you did not see the live matches.

Day 1

Are you talking about the older Williams brother going out hon?? Or the thug Nalbandian getting an early bath?? Both are great results in my book. :clapping: A shock to see Berdych fall to Gulbis, it was a close match but I do get a little bored when two massive servers meet and it's all about power and not enough finesse. Easy matches for Djokovic and Federer, another bore in my book. :yawn:

Wasn't it a fantastic match this evening between Heather Watson and Benesova who was well outplayed...and blimey didn't she have a miserable mush on her!! Watson has developed a really powerful serve and her groundstrokes were really superb today, I hope she can keep it going, she's a delightful girl. Sharapova shrieked her way through very easily and I was glad to see that Clijsters beat Jankovic.

Tomorrow

So looking forward to our first feast of Rafa who takes on Belluci, 2nd match on Centre Court, followed by Gitface v Davydenko who although past his best can still be dangerous so I'm looking for another great result there. :wink: Roddick, Del Potro and Tsonga also in action so a good day ahead although the younger Williams brother is also playing but I bet she really pi$$ed off she's on Court 2. :grin:

I have only one thing to say today. RAFARAFARAFRAFARAFARAFARAFARAFARAFA :grin:

Now I've got that out in the open :wink: ...was so pleased for Heather Watson, she became the first British woman to win a match on centre court since Jo Durie in 1985!! That's quite an amazing (and depressing) statistic. Fingers crossed she can try and win one more match at least.

Was also pleased to see Tipsy beat Nalbandian. I have a thing about Tipsy. Yay.

What the ...
What are all these banana skins doing on the floor!?

Well, Mr Murray aka G-- Face so named by PP, sailed through. Actually, he was moving really well today.
Didn't the commentators go on a bit about Davydenko's um perceptive(?) comments lol.

And of course, there was "RAFARAFARAFRAFARAFARAFARAFARAFARAFA" , barbedwire's lust-pot.

Was tootling about the web last night & came across an article about Mirka Federer. The article was a bit mean, but at the end was a film clip of Roger & Mirka playing Molik & Hewitt in the doubles in Australia. Gawd, she was awful.
http://gototennis.com/2010/03/02/required-reading-the-untouchable-mirka-federer/

Eep!!

That there Ivo is nearly 2 foot taller than me!
Imagine having him running around the house.

Latest posts

Back