Wimbledon 2012

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I didn't even bother to watch as it was a foregone conclusion. I don't know who won, but I can guess. Boring

I was out this afternoon but couldn't be bothered to record the match......that's how interested I was!

I did get a snippet of Murray's usual charm on the news though. Whilst I know it was a silly question a member of the media politely asked, as he was arriving at Wimbledon earlier, "how was dinner with your girlfriend last night?" to which the charmer himself answered "none of your business"! Well, of course, it wasn't any of his business but why couldn't he have just said "very nice thank you"? Frankly, I think his manner stinks and I hope Federer eats him up and spits him out all over the court!!

I didn't watch either. I took 21 & my great niece out for lunch then we hit the shops.

Murray has had a charm by-pass, but that's part of his charm! Being a bit of a dour Scot myself I understand his lack of pretence! It makes a change from the usual types who know what to say and how to say it.
If he holds his nerve and stays cool he's in with an excellent chance even although Federer is on fire. Everyone I know here in Scotland is rooting for him and it would mean a lot here for him to win.

Murray has had a charm by-pass, but that's part of his charm! Being a bit of a dour Scot myself I understand his lack of pretence! It makes a change from the usual types who know what to say and how to say it.
If he holds his nerve and stays cool he's in with an excellent chance even although Federer is on fire. Everyone I know here in Scotland is rooting for him and it would mean a lot here for him to win.

I do understand your comment PP but I still can't stand the guy! I won't deny that, on a good day, he's a great player otherwise he wouldn't have achieved his ranking but I so wish he would 'learn' some charm skills if they don't come naturally. I feel he came across rather arrogant with his comment to the question and I can only see that getting worse if he finally succeeds in lifting the Championship Trophy!!

I do understand your comment PP but I still can't stand the guy! I won't deny that, on a good day, he's a great player otherwise he wouldn't have achieved his ranking but I so wish he would 'learn' some charm skills if they don't come naturally. I feel he came across rather arrogant with his comment to the question and I can only see that getting worse if he finally succeeds in lifting the Championship Trophy!!

I can understand you not liking him Busy! He's not really a Mr Likeable type of character and he doesn't exactly endear himself to people. I do however know a few men like this ~ rubbish exteriors but good hearts :giggle: However irrespective of his persona, I'm pretty patriotic and would love to see him win. I hoped that Tim Henman would do it and I'm really happy there's another chance for a British person to lift that trophy.

Well..... I couldn't watch Murray v Tsonga, but I was keeping up with the action via my phone. And as anyone who knows my leanings, tennis-wise, this is my dream final. I will, however, be rooting for Andy Murray all the way tomorrow. COME ON ANDY!!!!!!!!!!!

Well..... I couldn't watch Murray v Tsonga, but I was keeping up with the action via my phone. And as anyone who knows my leanings, tennis-wise, this is my dream final. I will, however, be rooting for Andy Murray all the way tomorrow. COME ON ANDY!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew you'd be pleased LC but I'm rooting for Roger! May the best man win but mine intends regaining his crown..........:wink:

I always hoped that Tim Henman would do it, I saw him as a gentleman, an ambassador for the sport.
Sadly, I see the opposite in Murray. He has no redeeming qualities in my eyes.
He's good at waving to the Wimbledon crowd trying to generate support while he is playing, but contemptuous off court.

Trouble is, I can't stand Roger Federer either .....

Well have to say I don't think Murray is as obnoxious as in previous years, and that awful awful scream he used to do, my God you could drive a double decker bus into his mouth, but he still needs to work on the charm as far as I'm concerned. Having said all the above, I used to loathe John McEnroe when he was playing, but now I think he's lurvely..! Min, sorry, Timbo just didn't have the killer instinct - Murray does, and if he doesn't do it this year I'm convinced he will in the not too distant future. By which time I may have come to like him!

I agree with the first part of your post but not your last sentence Minim! Roger reminds me very much of Borg in that he doesn't show much emotion on court such as thumping the air every time he wins a point or game, etc. Neither does he have a temper tantrum if things don't go his way so think about those qualities Minim and get out your Swiss flag! I know Scotland is a beautiful part of the U.K. but Switzerland is better because it doesn't have the same amount of midges...........:grin:

Well have to say I don't think Murray is as obnoxious as in previous years, and that awful awful scream he used to do, my God you could drive a double decker bus into his mouth, but he still needs to work on the charm as far as I'm concerned. Having said all the above, I used to loathe John McEnroe when he was playing, but now I think he's lurvely..! Min, sorry, Timbo just didn't have the killer instinct - Murray does, and if he doesn't do it this year I'm convinced he will in the not too distant future. By which time I may have come to like him!

Go and wash your mouth out Carol.........:tongue:

Two lines from 'If' by Rudyard Kipling, are written above the entrance to Wimbledon’s Centre Court:

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same…

I promise I will treat Tweedledum and Tweedledee the same ...

Fabulous MD final last night. What an amazing accomplishment for the Brit and his partner after getting into the championship on a wild card. Well deserved win with Marray definitely the best player on court. Certainly made up for the deadly dull ladies final, I could have fallen asleep watching that.

Well as I said earlier on in the thread am not Murray's hugest fan at all, personality wise - BUT - I'm not a fan of Federer either, so just purely from the point of view that a Brit could just sneak it I'm shouting for Murray this afternoon and hoping that the effect of Marray winning the doubles yesterday can spur him on.

As for the women's singles yesterday. PAH. :grin:

Feeling alone in my support for Fed here but hey ho....!

You're right Mam, the MD final was a great match....good to have something decent to watch on a Saturday night for a change!

Wonderful Men's Doubles final yesterday and what a fairytale ending for wildcards Marray and Nielsen who so deserved the win an exciting, hard fought match. :clapping: And what a sporting gesture by Marray when he alerted the umpire to the fact that he had accidentally touched the net and so lost the point, I can't see many other players doing that, except Nadal or Federer who both have impeccable manners on court. So much media attention is banging on about the fact that no male Brit has won a (singles) final at Wimbledon since 1938 and maybe this year it's destiny that we will have a British winner with Murray blah blah blah :dull: but maybe the true destiny is that we do now have a British winner in Marray and that is more than good enough to satisfy my patriotic feelings. :sun:

GO FEDERER!!! :muscle:

I'll be watching the final to help me nod off for my afternoon nap :giggle:

I'm Scottish but I can't stand Murray, he's a moody swine :dull:

I hope Fed tanks his butt :muscle:

Latest posts

Back