Wimbledon!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, what a shame.....Laura's play was off today but it's all good experience for her. Wish Lisicki could give Serena her marching orders but she's gone off the boil now!

OMG!!! My prayers have been answered!! :mysmilie_378:What a gutsy player Lisicki is. :clapping: Now just the 'other one' to go out.....

Must be a few years since both Defending Singles Champions were knocked out......turning into a fascinating tournament.

Oooo see my prediction of a surprise in the womens tournament is still on :p ,

I want Novak to lift the trophy for the men and Lisicki for the women after her terrific match to oust Serena.

Yesterday was the first of Murray's matches that I've seen in full, and didn't he put me through the wringer in that second set? All geared up for tomorrow now. I don't imagine Verdasco is going to be a pushover by any means, but would love to be proved wrong. Ferrer v Del Potro could also be a very good watch.

I was disappointed for Laura Robson yesterday, but not surprised that she lost. I know she's only 19, but she needs to mature emotionally a fair bit I think.

Yesterday was the first of Murray's matches that I've seen in full, and didn't he put me through the wringer in that second set? All geared up for tomorrow now. I don't imagine Verdasco is going to be a pushover by any means, but would love to be proved wrong. Ferrer v Del Potro could also be a very good watch.

I was disappointed for Laura Robson yesterday, but not surprised that she lost. I know she's only 19, but she needs to mature emotionally a fair bit I think.

Have to agree LC.......she looked like a very sulky teenager didn't she, both immediately after the match on court and during the following interview? On the whole, I hope she feels pleased with her play over the last week and takes away many positives from this year's tournament.

Felt really sorry for Petra Kvitova earlier this evening as she looked all done in and just couldn't move around the court with her normal speed. I'm sure she must have thought she stood another chance of lifting the Trophy this year with the demise of Serena and I would have loved to see the final between her and Sabine Lisicki. Still think the latter player deserves to be crowned Champion after disposing of the opposition yesterday in such great fashion!

Well, I thought Fernando was going to do it for us PPC after a fantastic start but he's let us down.....:sad:

Murray played a fantastic game yesterday and did a great interview after the match. I don't really care who wins the trophy just glad to see the back of Federer and Nadal. Likewise the Ladies final just great to see Williams removed from the tournament.

What happened in the first semi-final this afternoon? Thought the Belgian would have put up a better fight! The second was very exciting......worthy of being the final in my view. Fingers crossed for Sabine on Saturday, she comes across as such a lovely person and lifting the Trophy would be the perfect end to her tournament.

The first semi was a bit of a non event. The second was very well fought. I've always admired Agnieszka Radwanska intelligent play. But l felt very disappointed with her behaviour at the end of the match. Regardless of whether there is some under current between the 2 of them. You look your opponent in the eye and say well done, even if you are bitterly disappointed at not winning. I thought that was very poor. Looking forward to the Ladies Final. I don't mind who wins, just happy it's not a Williams.

Oh yes TF, I saw how Radwanska was very unsporting at the net at the end of the match, thought it was pretty unprofessional. She had several opportunities to seal the match but failed.....no reason not to congratulate her opponent properly though. Seems to have been a fair amount of stroppy sulking this year from the ladies, our own Laura being one! Time for their "support" team to suggest they show more maturity and sportsmanship.

Latest posts

Back