Words fail me qvc

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Another beauty TSV that didn’t seem to sell out. Right from the 9 o’clock launch we are told to hurry up order, as it may be gone by the morning. The Estée Lauder one was expected to sell out by 8 o’clock, but was still going strong all day. Same with the L’Occitane.
This is one of Flinty’s favourite selling ploys, it won’t be there for the a.m presentation and still is at 10pm.The TSVs that used to sell out rarely do these days.I had a thought of getting the Gatineau TSV but as the day went on I though better of it, also decided to cancel a L’Occitane item on advanced order, that is a saving of well over a £100, a day when common sense prevailed!

Another beauty TSV that didn’t seem to sell out. Right from the 9 o’clock launch we are told to hurry up order, as it may be gone by the morning. The Estée Lauder one was expected to sell out by 8 o’clock, but was still going strong all day. Same with the L’Occitane.
Yes I have noticed that and the last 3 LE TSVs.

It’s seeming to me that these pre launch order Beauty TSV’s sell well in the days leading up to the TSV day and at the 9pm launch.
Then get flogged at midnight by saying as having sold x amount of the whole days stock etc. With the hint of selling out by a certain time, so better to get your order in sooner rather than later.
Then after that from 9am, apart from the last Christmas Elemis TSV they don’t in my eyes appear to continually sell to any high degree during the TSV day.
Well I guess with all the beforehand advertising and promotion, the TSV details will have been put in front of most of the potential buyers prior to the TSV day anyway.

I see now they are still flogging the Elimis TSV (the one with the ‘velvet’ bag) Debbie was telling us what a great bargain it was, I think with the inclusion of p&p it cost around £70. Can’t remember what the TSV price was.

I see now they are still flogging the Elimis TSV (the one with the ‘velvet’ bag) Debbie was telling us what a great bargain it was, I think with the inclusion of p&p it cost around £70. Can’t remember what the TSV price was.
Elemis Pro-Collagen Face & Body 8 Piece Gift of Skin Radiance
Item Number: 244824
QVC Price £104.00
Todays Special Value Price £54.96
P&P £3.95
4 Easy Pays of £13.74
Buy More & Save £4.00

Elemis and Liz Earle TSV’s might not be selling out recently because they’re on so frequently and they keep faffing about with the formulae. Although I don’t buy either brand, maybe customers are bored with them and want to see other brands instead?

The last time I bought a Christmas beauty TSV it was priced around £45 + p&p. The total of £50 odd was just within my budget for my sister. Nowadays £80, £90 and more seems the norm and I just don’t pay that much for anyone’s present.

I don’t know what the answer is. I don’t like these ‘sets’ of one full size item and a handful of tester sizes (luxury testers !)

The last time I bought a Christmas beauty TSV it was priced around £45 + p&p. The total of £50 odd was just within my budget for my sister. Nowadays £80, £90 and more seems the norm and I just don’t pay that much for anyone’s present.

I don’t know what the answer is. I don’t like these ‘sets’ of one full size item and a handful of tester sizes (luxury testers !)
For me, if I was gonna spend £80 -£90 on someone's present, I'd rather give something more substantial that a few facecreams/stuff for the bath etc. For me, a lot of the significant people I buy for are couples, so this sort of thing only sorts out one of them. I spent £45 on a Roku streaming stick for my aunt and uncle both watch tv in the bedroom if the other one is watching something the other one isn't interested in. Their bedroom tv is not a smart tv and as far as I know they're not planning to replace it (I hope not!) so this is ideal for both of them. It's not easy when you've got couples to buy for and even if you've got a significant singleton £90's a lot of money, especially if you're buying them what would appear to the uninitiated - not much!

If like me you don’t do beauty there really isn’t anything else on Q unless you are into MWynne/Ruthless.
I'm not into spending big money on beauty, been there, done that (via Q of course) I never found anything that I felt gave brilliant results, or was so superior to anything I've bought on the high street, or smelled so gorgeous I had to buy more. Far from it in fact! (Tova Signature - yuk) undeterred, I tried a couple of her other fragrances, which weren't so bad. When you need to quantify how bad something smells - I think it's time for a serious re-think! Try the blinking fragrance first! The mbg is all very well if you can afford to spend about £15 just for a quick squirt and an "Oh dear, that's not for me"! I've said this time and time again. Q need to make testers available!
Going back to the subject of present buying, I'd not feel entirely comfortable giving someone anti wrinkle products, I mean what message does that send out? Even the most classy looking bath products don't look like much, and when you've spent over £40 on a couple of bottles of bathfoam/handsoaps, I'd say it's an awful lot of money to spend on a gift that's unlikely to blow the recipient away. Present buying is so difficult!

Elemis Pro-Collagen Face & Body 8 Piece Gift of Skin Radiance
Item Number: 244824
QVC Price £104.00
Todays Special Value Price £54.96
P&P £3.95
4 Easy Pays of £13.74
Buy More & Save £4.00
And according to Debbie 212,000 sold. That's £11.6million. And with mark ups of over 60/70 % on most beauty stuff.......

It’s seeming to me that these pre launch order Beauty TSV’s sell well in the days leading up to the TSV day and at the 9pm launch.
Then get flogged at midnight by saying as having sold x amount of the whole days stock etc. With the hint of selling out by a certain time, so better to get your order in sooner rather than later.
Then after that from 9am, apart from the last Christmas Elemis TSV they don’t in my eyes appear to continually sell to any high degree during the TSV day.
Well I guess with all the beforehand advertising and promotion, the TSV details will have been put in front of most of the potential buyers prior to the TSV day anyway.
Yes I think your bang on there. When it gets to tsv day after a long week of buy this buy this even people that did buy early are bored on tsv day haha.

Latest posts

Back