Worst BA

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Beverley Cressman (terrible voice), Anne Dorrington (just irritatingly annoying), that Scottish "Kenny" bloke that does the fans (can't stand him).

Best? Justine from Julien McDonald, Patrick from Quacker, Glen Campbell, Carla and I don't mind Caroline McLeod Smith.

CC

Beverley Cressman (terrible voice), Anne Dorrington (just irritatingly annoying), that Scottish "Kenny" bloke that does the fans (can't stand him).

Best? Justine from Julien McDonald, Patrick from Quacker, Glen Campbell, Carla and I don't mind Caroline McLeod Smith.

CC
How could I forget him? For some reason I've started to receive Joe Browns catalogues & Mr C looks lush in every photo.

I liked the lady who used to do the Clarkes shows as she didn’t shout and knew her products.

I'm afraid those who front all sorts of stuff, today torches tomorrow handbags, don’t inspire me with confidence.
Jill Roads retired unfortunately. I used to like Nicki who represented Birkenstock. I also liked Michelle D'Ercole who used to come over for Carole Hochman, and Ouida Oliver from Ronni Nicole. I also liked seeing Mehmet from Ottoman Silver.

The guy who presents Shark products really gets on my wick for some reason. The man could be selling the best vacuum cleaner in the world for a fiver and I'd miss it because I change channels as soon as I see him.

And as much as I really love Jemma Forte (who I think is definitely one of the best BA's QVC currently have), Gill Goldsmith will always be Molton Brown to me with her heady nights of expectation.

Finally, Jilly Jones is a big miss. Q seemingly got rid of her for some health guru for a while and then came the ex Diet Chef BA whose role seems to be to just shout at us in the hope that she'll beat us into submission and we'll buy whatever she happens to be flogging at the time.

Sorry but the worst has to be Melissa Hardie for the over promising and under delivery of the Marla Wynne brand…
To include a snobby attitude of elevating the brands fabrics to the point of repeatedly presenting items as made from cotton rich fabrics, when they are actually made in polyester. Marla Wynne customers are ordering these garments based on this presentation and finding they have been wrongly sold, leaving feedback as such, and returning the items, yet the same wrong presentation continues.

Wet Evie has grown on me. It took a while but she does her homework and gets the job done. I watch so little these days that I hardly know any of them. As long as they don’t shout or parrot nonsense in an annoying voice or engage in stupid banter they’ll do. The calm ones are the best. I happened to see Pippa with the radley guest and was pleased to hear her ask sensible questions like will this purse fit in that bag? That’s far more interesting than oh I’ve got it in every colour and people stop me in the street to ask where I got it.

The woman who used to demonstrate vacuum cleaners in the early 2000s was very good. Unfortunately I recall she suffered a very difficult incident with a suction hose with that Charlie geezer, and as a result, was never seen again.

In terms of irritating: the larger gentleman who smashed TV screens for an encore was extraordinarily annoying. As is the flamboyantly twee woman with only one frock, flogging chocolate as if it were saffron.

CC
agree with all. Don't forget Gill Gaunlet - she annoys the hell out of me! everything she presents she has at home!

I'd forgotten about Phil Parker hoover and mop man. Someone please pension him off as I wouldn't even buy a large whisky from him. Jilly Jones was a really good presenter until she got the boot, one of the rare ones that actually showed you what the product could do, how easy it was to use and what results you could get.

Jenny Blackhurst is good as well, she held it together very well on the Kim and Co show this morning whilst Katy Pullinger was peeing her pants laughing over one of them mis-pronouncing a game you play at Christmas (apparently)🦃🦃:oops: I have to say it was quite funny though.

CC

Wet Evie has grown on me. It took a while but she does her homework and gets the job done. I watch so little these days that I hardly know any of them. As long as they don’t shout or parrot nonsense in an annoying voice or engage in stupid banter they’ll do. The calm ones are the best. I happened to see Pippa with the radley guest and was pleased to hear her ask sensible questions like will this purse fit in that bag? That’s far more interesting than oh I’ve got it in every colour and people stop me in the street to ask where I got it.
Like mould?

The one who tops my list is jewellery guest Kieran Glen. For some reason I find him creepy ( I know that’s unfair, because he’s probably an ok guy!) and can’t believe he’s only 33!. The things he comes out with are unbelievable. A couple of months ago, he was commenting on a tanzanite ring, about £3,000. ‘ if this was in my store it would be £8,000 ‘ Really? Won’t be visiting his ‘store’ ( where ever it may be) anytime soon. Then he showed us a diamond initial pendant. ‘ I bought a diamond initial pendant for a family member recently, it cost much more than this one, and wasn’t as nice ‘ Really? You must be a crap jeweller then. A couple of nights ago he was on again. He showed us a rather large AAAAAAAAAAA ( or some such grade) tanzanite ring, about 3to 4 thousand pounds. ‘ I couldn’t even buy the stone for this price, I would expect to pay tens of thousands for a stone of this quality’ Really? Why don’t you just buy one from QVC then? He says this sort of rubbish about almost every item he shows. If these claims were anywhere near true, surely everything would sell out within seconds, because all the jewellers would be buying up the stock, and making hundreds and thousands of pounds profit.

Latest posts

Back