Would you buy from her?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
If rumour on here regarding Caroline Lindsay going to TJC is correct then I have to say I am extremely disappointed!

Having been a good customer and championed TJC on here for quite some time, I genuinely believed they were a company with a degree of integrity and honesty. However, by employing someone who will say anything to get a sale and who has absolutely no credibility, I have to doubt my beliefs and assume TJC are not the company I thought they were.

This woman sat for years on Gems TV, with her fake gasps and open mouth, claiming she was selling the best this and the best that. She then moved to Rocks & Co, still over acting, and suddenly they were the best at everything and everyone else was rubbish! On many occasions I heard her state that she was too embarassed to wear her Tanzanite ring (that she bought from Gems TV) because after seeing Rocks & Co Tanzanite she realised her ring was rubbish!! A bit late for the poor folk who parted with their hard earned cash after believing her sales pitch eh? So what will she do now? Going by her past record she'll be standing at TJC, gasping and putting on her stupid faces saying that they are the best ever and that Rocks & Co are rubbish!! How can anyone take her seriously when she changes her tune more often than some people change their knickers?!

Credibility is extremely important in sales when you are asking to take people's hard earned cash. People do move companies within the same industry but no decent company will employ someone they know slags off the opposition because that is insulting to their customers and totally unnecessary if your product and service is good.

Caroline Lindsay has absolutely no credibility and no integrity which in turn will rub off on TJC because nobody in their right mind will believe a word she says. A big price to pay TJC, I just hope you think she's worth it! I for one will no longer recommend your company and doubt very much if I will ever buy from you again.

Totally agree Klos.

I didn't like her on GemsTV (she never got a good press when she was on there)
Don't like her on Rocks&Co (and certainly don't like the snidey comments about GemsTV)
Will not watch her when she joins TJC.

TJC have the best presenters IMHO. I understand wanting to capitalise on the potential demise of Rocks&Co and wanting to be first in line to get a great stable of wonderful presenters i.e. John BUT WHY CAROLINE? She has very very very limited appeal. You only have to see the amount of negatives -v- positive posts about her to understand this. Ok some people like her but NOT the majority.

Has anybody seen anything negative about the lovely Ruth? No. So why chose Caroline over Ruth? Non bliddy sensical.

And TJC if you're reading this, PLEASE don't even think about adding Jerrilooney or Stacey Screech into your fold! If you want negative press that would be an excellent way of getting it!

Stacey is brilliant, fingers crossed she will be on TJC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stacey is brilliant, fingers crossed she will be on TJC.

I'm soooooooooooo worried about you Graham? Have you been having a little too much mulled wine? Has your hearing been affected recently?

I want Graham back.
I want Graham back.
I want Graham back!

No idea if Stacey is even going to TJC but I will keep my fingers crossed and with any luck we will see less of the Queen of Sparkle.

I don't want to fall out with anyone, but shouldn't we wait to see if it is Caroline, and if so, see how she performs on TJC before condemning her out of hand? For all we know, she may have been under pressure to say and do the things she did, and I expect she also has to eat and pay bills.

I fully take on board all your comments about integrity, credibility etc., but people do have to earn a living, and sometimes integrity has to come a close second to the reality of getting by.:mysmilie_1956:

As far as I'm concerned, she's not the worst presenter on shopping telly, or TJC.
:mysmilie_687:

Take your point Paula and nobody will fall out with you for disagreeing but I'd just like to make a point ........... none of the other ex-GemsTV presenters slags off the items they've bought from there. This is a Caroline invention I'm afraid and is one of the many reasons why she's disliked. I doubt very much she's been put under any pressure whatsoever because if this were the case then Vicki, Ruth et al would all be doing it and they don't.

I'm completely with Klos on this, though I would say let's hope it is only rumour, maybe that woman isn't joining and maybe Ruthie was never interested?

This is the only presenter that really brings out such very strong feelings of dislike and I find her totally unworthy of any respect from us, way beyond simple irritation. Having watched her horrendously bad and, in my opinion, immoral performances over the years, on shopping channel presenting and tv advertising (the sort of financial thing which preys on people's problems and are mostly shown on Channel 5), I had hoped to have seen the last of her. I've just been weaning myself over from Gems (due to its current performances and loss of presenting credibility). Please don't tell me that I am going to have to drag dear little Derky's head from between my bosom, as there is no way I can watch a channel that employs methods such as Caroline's.

Please, please, please let this just be an ugly rumour and coincidence of timing. xxxxx

I don't want to fall out with anyone, but shouldn't we wait to see if it is Caroline, and if so, see how she performs on TJC before condemning her out of hand? For all we know, she may have been under pressure to say and do the things she did, and I expect she also has to eat and pay bills.

I fully take on board all your comments about integrity, credibility etc., but people do have to earn a living, and sometimes integrity has to come a close second to the reality of getting by.:mysmilie_1956:

As far as I'm concerned, she's not the worst presenter on shopping telly, or TJC.

Paula I totally respect your opinion but personally I don't believe anyone or anything can make you do something which you feel strongly against. I need to eat too and at my age I need to keep my job because unfortunately nowadays companies prefer younger, less experienced staff who cost them less! However, I would rather starve than do or say something which goes against my morals of honesty and treating people how you would like to be treated yourself. I won't tell lies for anyone.

I tried to give Ms Lindsay the benefit of the doubt when she went to R & C despite absolutely loathing her presenting style, however she went from bad to worse and I for one will never give her another chance.

There's no way I'll fall out with you because you have a different opinion by the way so you can't get rid of me that easy :mysmilie_61:

I agree with what's been said here. It all sounds too harsh. I'd still prefer to see Caroline than Liz Fullovit,she lacks integrity to me! Each to our own.

I agree I don’t think Caroline is the worst presenter
And Graham I quite like Vicki Brown, reminds me of her days on price-drop :)

You know what? They should just get any Tom, Dick or Harry who pedals their wares on the street corner because obviously it doesn't matter to most if they are lied to and conned as long as they like them!

I am absolutely astounded! Personally I would only buy from respectable, genuine and honest people and I hate deceitful, dishonest sales people but hey, each to their own!! I'm obviously too soft, feeling sorry for those who have believed every word she says and spent their hard earned cash only to find when she moves company she more or less tells them they were fools to have listened to her previously!!

Paula I totally respect your opinion but personally I don't believe anyone or anything can make you do something which you feel strongly against. I need to eat too and at my age I need to keep my job because unfortunately nowadays companies prefer younger, less experienced staff who cost them less! However, I would rather starve than do or say something which goes against my morals of honesty and treating people how you would like to be treated yourself. I won't tell lies for anyone.
:

I like to think this is how Lee Clark felt and why his time at R&C was so short, he always looked very uncomfortable to me

Phill said:
I agree I don’t think Caroline is the worst presenter
And Graham I quite like Vicki Brown, reminds me of her days on price-drop :)

I am sure Vicki is a lovely person but she always reminds me of a poor Nikki Vincent.

PinkSapphire said:
:

I like to think this is how Lee Clark felt and why his time at R&C was so short, he always looked very uncomfortable to me

To me Lee Clark was one of the worst ever Jewellery presenter, he used to bumble his wag through every sell. Now he is doing the same with Technology on QVC and he appears not tl have a clue what he is talking about. He is one presenter I don"t miss.

Hi Beady Belle

How wonderful to read some sense, this area of the forum seem's to have a clingy atmosphere which hopefully with cross-member power, we can smash.

I hope for her own sake, Caroline doesn't read this post list, as if that were me, I'd find it hard not to take these comments to heart.

Latest posts

Back