would you keep it?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tia

milk in our tea
On a hill, at the end of the road, where the wind
Hi all
I posted yesterday 3 piccies of my latest delivery
Today I had a closer look: the TP and Kunzite are really nice ans sparkly.
The diamond ring is 90% ok, i noticed 1 baguette diamond is a little chipped at the corner. You can't see it, but I took it outside with a magnifying glass and it is definitely there. In another baguette, you can see inclusions.

I know, for the price of £99 you cannot accept top quality, and I am not asking this, and the ring sits great on my finger........... but would you keep it??

diam.jpg

diam2.jpg

Oh tia I am sorry that it is chipped.

Answer your question:

No I would not keep it, even if it only cost £20 because its good money that you spent, money you earned and spent with them out of good faith.

But it is your choice and if you can live with the it and you don't feel it cheapens it and you love enough then you should keep it.

Hope this helps. xxxxxx

I personaly can not live with chips and scratches once i know they are there i loose all love for the piece and i won't wear it!
I personaly would ask for a replacement x

I would phone up CS and see if there's another one in stock because it looks lovely on your finger.

If you can't get a replacement, I would send it back. You'll always be thinking of the chipped stone whenever you wear it (if you wear it!) and wonder if your £99 could have been better spent on something else.

Its definately a nice piece for the money, but as it is chipped i would definately ask for a replacement.

I knew the answer to this, I just really liked the design, but of course I won't be keeping it. I was just so disappointed, as I did not notice the chip last night.
I emailed CS and we will see if they have more in stock

Phone Tia, that way you'll know one way or the other much more quickly.
0845 6588 663

A very friendly CS lady called me, and I will return the ring tomorrow. They still have 7 in stock but she can't reserve one for me, only when they receive my faulty ring, they will check the stock and send one to me. Fingers crossed I will get a replacement!

Only downfall, I have to queu up at the PO, which I hate, as it usually takes around 40 minutes.....

Hope you get a good replacement Tia - it looks lovely on your hand.

I havn't been able to queue up at the PO without thinking about the Full Monty boy's for years - would keep you amused in your 40 min queue :grin:

A slightly different opinion here. Are the diamonds white (by that I mean clear) not cloudy? Do they sparkle beautifully? The risk of sending it back is that you will get diamonds that are not so good in the replacement. For £99 to get good diamonds is an achievement. If the chip is only visible through the loupe then I wouldn't risk getting one with worse diamonds. For £99 the diamond weight and goldweight outweighs any slight blemishes. On the other hand if you are wanting perfect (and there's no reason not to want that) then you may struggle for £99.

A slightly different opinion here. Are the diamonds white (by that I mean clear) not cloudy? Do they sparkle beautifully? The risk of sending it back is that you will get diamonds that are not so good in the replacement. For £99 to get good diamonds is an achievement. If the chip is only visible through the loupe then I wouldn't risk getting one with worse diamonds. For £99 the diamond weight and goldweight outweighs any slight blemishes. On the other hand if you are wanting perfect (and there's no reason not to want that) then you may struggle for £99.

awwwww Meesh, you got me all doubtfull again. I need to go to PO today, but I had another look and don't know what to do as I knwo sometimes the repa... and now I see your email and I am confused lol
BTW, if you have a moment, can you check my other thread on gemstv, and check out my kunzite ring?

Latest posts

Back