"W're getting questions!"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ohnonotshoppingagain

Registered Shopper
Now call me a cynic, but it seems to me that when I hear those words spoken, normally after only a few minutes of an airing, I don't believe they are ''getting questions'' or if they are, they're coming from the producers to further hype something, something which may not be selling as well as other items or on the times when particular items are aired.

Is if just me who thinks ''we're getting questions'' is fake, because I've often twittered or txt'd questions early in a show, without even having it read, let alone answered - just wondered, because it's seriously p......g me off now.

Julia answered a question at the beginning of the Bibi Bijoux show,interrupting Maxine in full flow to ask the model about her nail colour. It turned out Q don't even sell it. Maxine looked really peeved . Julia carried it on even describing the models explanation of how the colour was achieved. It amazes me that people even notice this stuff and then call in. Literally the show was a few minutes in.....

Last edited:
What AMAZES me is that you can ask a question about an item on the website, but it is left to ordinary people to answer it. The QVC expert/guest never answers it.

They have lost sales to me because I needed an answer before buying an item.

AND MORE LIES - - - - - >

This is supposed to be a live programme on RJ's Garden at 9am, but the video said "We have never had this on before".

AN ACTUAL EXAMPLE FROM AN ITEM ON SALE TODAY:-

I asked this question 2 months ago. It is the first question of the three.

All were important.

Anwers to all 3 - ZILCH

http://www.qvcuk.com/Telesteps-2.3m...html?sc=SRCHDR&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_--_-508286

The questions on the website are confusing .i thought Q got someone to answer them but I worked out they don't ,they expect other customers to answer if they have bought the item.Its doesnt make it very clear.

The studio replies I think are texts or twitter .

Not sure how it all works and probably Q like it that way.

Yes, but when an item is being shown for the first time, then there are no previous customers to answer the questions.

When I was a naive QVC customer, I did believe that your questions would be answered quickly by an expert so you could decide whether to buy or not.

How wrong I was.

QVC are the masters of manipulation, I can't believe so many people fall for it. Some questions must come from twitter and Facebook, but some are almost certainly staged.

Also, asking questions is a good way to fill airtime if they're struggling to find things to say about an item.

QVC are the masters of manipulation, I can't believe so many people fall for it. Some questions must come from twitter and Facebook, but some are almost certainly staged.

Also, asking questions is a good way to fill airtime if they're struggling to find things to say about an item.

Some are probably genuine but it's usually the same names cropping up over again, guessing they're Fbookers!

Yes, but when an item is being shown for the first time, then there are no previous customers to answer the questions.

When I was a naive QVC customer, I did believe that your questions would be answered quickly by an expert so you could decide whether to buy or not.

How wrong I was.

That's probably when I realised no one would answer because other people had posted a question and no one was answering .If you are waiting for an answer to make a decision on buying something then you would expect an answer on the same day if not within the hour.

Probably you need to call the call centre, but to be honest I can never be bothered.

It's smoke and mirrors with Q.

People thanks for your replies, but the reason I posted this topic is quite frankly when I hear the presenter say on numerous programmes five or so minutes in - I don't believe it, in essence, I don't believe people phone in with questions when a show is live on air - I just don't I think it's all hype.

People thanks for your replies, but the reason I posted this topic is quite frankly when I hear the presenter say on numerous programmes five or so minutes in - I don't believe it, in essence, I don't believe people phone in with questions when a show is live on air - I just don't I think it's all hype.

On one hand I strongly agree with you but on the other when I read the ridiculous questions and posts on FB I would believe anything of the stupid customers.

It does seem like hype, I agree. As if there's an army of people just waiting by their phones to ring in the second it comes on air to ask life-changing questions about it. But there again, you've heard some of the T callers, haven't you. Buttock-clenchingly awful doesn't even cover the fawning and hoarding of these weirdos, so maybe people actually do ring in the second they can, if only just to speak to their Shopping Telly Heros.

Yes, there were an awful lot of fawning t/callers before all the presenters were surgically attached to their ipads, and then Twatter took over. Someone enquired about a silver pair of bootsandals that were worn by the model with the cork screw hair and weird expression. Promises were made to find out but didn't result in an answer, and the model just gave a blank stare - I don't think she has the power of speech that one.

My 'beef' is when guests, slebs and presenters say "I was stopped in the street', "I've received lots of e mails/letters" or "I've had people come up to me" - what DO they take us for ?

Tell me, how do you stop Lulu/Andrea Mclean/Moany Mone et al in the street ? these people never walk anywhere, and who has access to their email addresses or their postal addresses to write them letters for God's sake ?

I have got a 'beef' the morning show competition you could phone or text in, now its just text. I didn't take part every day, just now and again, but I will never go to the trouble of texting...it hardly seem fair to people that are not techy minded.

Yes, there were an awful lot of fawning t/callers before all the presenters were surgically attached to their ipads, and then Twatter took over. Someone enquired about a silver pair of bootsandals that were worn by the model with the cork screw hair and weird expression. Promises were made to find out but didn't result in an answer, and the model just gave a blank stare - I don't think she has the power of speech that one.

My 'beef' is when guests, slebs and presenters say "I was stopped in the street', "I've received lots of e mails/letters" or "I've had people come up to me" - what DO they take us for ?

Tell me, how do you stop Lulu/Andrea Mclean/Moany Mone et al in the street ? these people never walk anywhere, and who has access to their email addresses or their postal addresses to write them letters for God's sake ?
Oh you're so right on the money, I have thought this for such a long time:mysmilie_59:totally agree with you, and on second thoughts perhaps some of those txting into the studio, for example, ''oh i want to know what nail polish the model is wearing'' please get a life, some of the questions you're right are too ridiculous, but apart from us normal shoppers who are not fools, I do think purely based on some feedback, there are some very silly people around, who seem too willing to believe all they are told, I think the word 'gullible' comes to mind.

None of us have a hope in hell's chance of having access to famous people in the store, street, taxi, email etc etc. Whenever I hear, 'someone came up to me in the supermarket or on the street' I cringe.

It does seem like hype, I agree. As if there's an army of people just waiting by their phones to ring in the second it comes on air to ask life-changing questions about it. But there again, you've heard some of the T callers, haven't you. Buttock-clenchingly awful doesn't even cover the fawning and hoarding of these weirdos, so maybe people actually do ring in the second they can, if only just to speak to their Shopping Telly Heros.

'Shopping Telly Heroes' - who??? Still laughing, I see a few who seem obsessed in an unhealthy way :mysmilie_11::mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back