WULI:LUU by Gok Wan TSV 18/5/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pipa has just said she’s wearing the up coming Gok TSV, she’s pictured from today below.
So it does look like yet another ‘Denim Jean Style‘ jacket.
🥱🤪🙄

Attachments

• F0F9EE83-67A2-40AE-928C-5EF64E6342A7.jpeg
    F0F9EE83-67A2-40AE-928C-5EF64E6342A7.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 139
"Oh no, not another one!" Good grief, if you're bothered about branding, spend a bit extra on a Levis jacket. If you want an easy to wear denim or cotton twill jacket for summer..FGS get yourself along to one of the supermarkets that do fashion and buy one of theirs. Just yesterday I saw a spread in a magazine about supermarket fashion and Sainsbury's were doing a lovely looking denim jacket for £22...You can bet your life that this at tsv price will be over £40 probably nearer to £50 once p&p has been added. I bought one in Asda about 15 years ago for less than £20 and I've literally only just replaced it because it started to look a bit tatty. I replaced it with an expensive one that was heavily discounted in a sale...I think it was £90 down to £30 - The material's heavier and I like the jacket, but if I'm honest the cheapo Asda one was more comfortable to wear!

1620468039720.png
This is the Sainsbury's one...nowt wrong with that for £22..and just saw that Studio catalogue are selling a similar looking denim jacket for £15....Silly to pay Q's prices for something so mundane!

Last edited:
One thing I am not into is these jackets. Now my 20 something daughter has a really nice one its from Hennes and its says its oversizes so its long and it buttons up with room to spare That would be more suitable for QVC customers it fits like a dream. Cost way less that £20.00

I have one from Tchaibo (sp?) It was about £14 about 15 years ago and in a military style. I have often been asked where I got it from but sadly the stores are no longer around.

As some of you will know I watch a fair amount of Cbeebies & when little granddaughter has finished her lunch we watch 'Molly & Mac', their dad wears a jacket just like this & my Mr T wants one :rolleyes: I know he's had a rough time for the last 5 months but really..?

I`m tall and long waisted and short jackets never look right on me. It`s a pity because I quite like the short boxy Chanel style tweedy ones with frayed edges but whenever I try on a short jacket it always looks as if I`ve borrowed it from a smaller person.

I like Gok, but I have never seen anything in his fashion shows that I would wear. I am well too old to wear a Denim Jacket. :)
Wear one if you like it, Kathy, and don't let age put you off - it's what feels right for you. Short jackets don't suit me and I don't understand this short jacket fad, but each to his own.

I don't think there's an age limit on a denim jacket - I think it depends up how you look and the way you dress. If you are that older person who normally dresses classically, and has a shampoo and set - then, yes a denim jacket may look a little odd. I have a work mate who's in her sixties, and she tries very hard to look younger than her years, hair bleached, make up, nails done, likes to be tanned - She lives in jeans, leggings, with t-shirts or camisoles, wears trainers and toe post sandals - very much like Julia and to me they do rock a denim jacket very well. The customer I mentioned in another thread who's in her eighties would definitely look good in one as her style is very casual. You know your own style but there's no harm in trying, and a jacket is one thing you can actually try on in a shop, and with Q, there's always the 60 day mbg lol!

Wear one if you like it, Kathy, and don't let age put you off - it's what feels right for you. Short jackets don't suit me and I don't understand this short jacket fad, but each to his own.

I have never owned a Denim Jacket, I do like them on other people, but I am rather old fashioned and feel right in a single breasted blazer or car coat length jacket. I think Merryone got me in one...LOL

I don't think I have ever had a Denim Jacket. How odd is that. I wear jeans of all cuts from Gap and M&S but no jackets.

Latest posts

Back