Gok TSV 3.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 199
  • Gok TSV 4.jpg
    Gok TSV 4.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 207
  • Gok TSV 5.jpg
    Gok TSV 5.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 208
You might as well just wear a T Shirt saying I shop at QVC. Do you think TV shopping has lost its stigma over the years?

Oh!!! Do you think he has told everyone about this then?

I have no idea who he told, I just saw him on the end of the regional news yesterday evening...if he thinks it will help the little girl and children like her, then good on him.

I have no idea who he told, I just saw him on the end of the regional news yesterday evening...if he thinks it will help the little girl and children like her, then good on him.
I expect that if it was on the news he told everyone. And then some on his insta feed.

George Michael used to quietly & graciously donate, anonymously. Enough said.

I wish all sufferers of life changing illnesses the very best.

On th e positive side, children are more likely to survive LK than adults. Having said that, research has massively come on . Our friend has been clear since her diagnosis in 2016.

You might as well just wear a T Shirt saying I shop at QVC. Do you think TV shopping has lost its stigma over the years?
Or one that says 'Mandem can't spell, but I bought this anyway'

I think the stigma has always been more geared towards those who shop via the infomercial channels, buying all manner of plastic gadgets and gizmos that don't work properly not so much with clothing, jewellery and skincare. Let's face it, we don't often comment upon one another's clothes unless they're wearing something that's gorgeous and really suits them..and if asked the person said "It's from QVC, or Ideal World," I doubt whether it would raise many eyebrows - but see someone you know struggling with their Umbrella-O-Matic, that's supposed to predict the weather and go up as soon as the first drop falls from the sky, or are sitting in the staff canteen with their self-stirring mug which is showering everybody within a 2 metre radius with scalding hot tea - Then yes, it would probably illicit a "Have you been buying from those ****** shopping channels again?"
I've been there, done that worn the ( badly spelt) T-shirt! The funniest thing I ever bought was a mobile phone that used to hang round your neck with a lanyard, it had no numbers just a button in the middle, (It looked like one of those aid call things) It operated by voice - You literally had to shout at it, and then half the time it would ring the wrong person, and then one day I got caught in a rainstorm and got soaked to the skin and the phone stopped working and never worked again! Omg! It wasn't cheap either!!!

1625237737919.png

I think you’ve nailed it Merry.

If I thought someone was wearing something nice and said where it was from I would be impressed enough to look at further items to see if anything would do me.

For example loads of people get fab things from supermarkets but I don’t have much luck other than the odd bit from Sainsbury which I haven’t been into in about 3 years, possibly because our stores are shabby and don’t have changing rooms. I still have the odd look just in case knowing there are good items somewhere!

As for those gadgets from catalogues, my late father was their most loyal customer , never buying singly but in multiples. I know only too well as I had to clear his house out and had to “debox “ umpteen of the same items, most of which would fall into the same category as your phone!

It was done live on This Morning

I think you’ve nailed it Merry.

If I thought someone was wearing something nice and said where it was from I would be impressed enough to look at further items to see if anything would do me.

For example loads of people get fab things from supermarkets but I don’t have much luck other than the odd bit from Sainsbury which I haven’t been into in about 3 years, possibly because our stores are shabby and don’t have changing rooms. I still have the odd look just in case knowing there are good items somewhere!

As for those gadgets from catalogues, my late father was their most loyal customer , never buying singly but in multiples. I know only too well as I had to clear his house out and had to “debox “ umpteen of the same items, most of which would fall into the same category as your phone!
TBH I have no problem buying or owning that I am wearing something from the Tu/George ranges, but I wouldn't say oh it's QVC exclusive range. My family - especially my mum thinks QVC is tacky. Interestingly they never comment about the Amazon parcels. As mentioned on here before, whatever I purchase is a "considered purchase" (in QVC speak) when it comes to parting with my hard-earned cash or the impact on the environment or animals. I just don't generally head into any shops except to buy food and that behaviour has been reinforced during COVID. Plus I just don't have time, long hours and stressful full-time job.

As for gadgets - I fell for the handheld fan. Came this week and since then has rained every day and have had to get out my jumpers and winder duvet

WULI:LUU by Gok Wan Amore Slogan Sweatshirt
Item Number: 190064
QVC Price £40.00
Todays Special Value Price £24.98
P&P £2.95

This stretch-cotton jumper from WULI:LUU by Gok Wan features an applique slogan at the front showcasing the word 'Amore' and boasts long sleeves, a round neckline and hi-lo hemline with side splits. Add a chic twist to any casual outfit and fall in love with this super stylish jumper and its fashionable yet comfortable design.

One for your day-to-day wardrobe - this fabulous slogan jumper will instantly freshen up your casualwear repertoire and is perfectly suited to a jeans and trainers combo. You can also use it to create an on-trend athleisure look by teaming it with leggings or joggers - the perfect way to step up dog walking or yoga outfits!

Feel oh-so confident - made from a stretch-cotton fabric that feels soft while offering a comfortable fit, this jumper is designed to flatter all body types in true Gok Wan style. The hi-lo hemline, side splits and classic round neckline are all carefully considered details that make it easy for you to wear and feel great in.

Five lovable colours - this top comes in a choice of five gorgeous colours, with contrasting coloured slogans. Marl Grey, Navy or Off-White are each great for fans of neutral tones, and Dusty Pink or Orange Red ideal for those wanting something brighter and more eye-catching.

• 62% cotton, 38% polyester
  • Machine washable at 30C

Colour options:

• Marl Grey - with green writing
  • Dusty Pink - with orange writing
  • Navy - with purple writing
  • Orange Red - with navy writing
  • Off-White- with purple writing

Garment measurements:

• Chest: XS: 94cm (37"), S: 99cm (39"), M: 104cm (41"), L: 110.5cm (43.5"), XL: 118cm (46.5"), 2XL: 128.3cm (50.5"), 3XL: 138.5cm (54.5")
  • Length: XS: 61cm (24"), S: 61.6cm (24.3"), M: 62cm (24.5"), L: 63cm (24.8"), XL: 64cm (25.3"), 2XL: 66.5cm (26.3"), 3XL: 68.5cm (27")

All measurements are approximate

Latest posts

Back