www.Rocks.tv virgin

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tootsie

Eternal student
I'm a complete n00b to the website, but I fancy giving it a go - do I need to have the sound turned on (in other words will Chris know that I'm spending his money and not working?) Is it easy? Do I need to be quick at getting my bids in?

See I really don't get it, I'm looking for one of the karma charm necklaces or bracelets, but I can't find them - I'm sure it was rocks.tv

I'm too dopey today, was working til 1am and up at 7 working again, maybe I should go to bed for an hour and then try again :33:

Not everything they are going to auction is shown in the catalogue tootsie.

You can, however, request an item to appear (I usually ask for a specific hour as well, as I am not around too much in the evenings) by mailing [email protected]

Quite a lot of the time I have the sound turned off - to keep what I'm doing a secret :lol and I generally manage.

No you don't have to be quick, to bid, usually just bid up to your max is prob the most efficient way.

Yes it's very easy to bid - too easy!!

:biggrin

Hi Tootsie,

Rocks TV is live from 5.00 p.m. - 11.00 p.m. every evening, 7 days a week.

It's possible to watch and bid (and win) without the sound on, though obviously you'll miss some of the action (as well as the laughs)! They do give you a reasonable amount of time to get your bids in (not like a "real" auction house), and you can see on screen where the bidding is up to. They use a proxy bidding system (like eBay), so you can put in your maximum bid and the system will automatically bid for you up to the specified amount.

The site shows you the items that are scheduled to come up for auction tonight, although they do put in extra items as they go along. There are no Kama charms scheduled today, but you can put in a request via e-mail or chat.

You can also buy the Kama charms pieces from their sister website www.colouredrocks.com, but you will get a better deal in the auction.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Sara and MissMagpie, I'll give it a sneaky go from the corner of the living room tonight and hope I'm not caught on lol. I wondered why only a few pieces came up when I clicked on catalogue and was sure I was doing something wrong, but I'll just keep checking it out every day - one more internet obsession can't hurt :D

I suppose I'd be as well to watch for a few days before letting my mouse finger get clicking just to get an idea of what's a good price and what's not.

Thanks again :1:

Once you start you'll be hooked! I only joined about ten days ago and then was away for a week and got my first order on Tuesday - a beautiful marcasite and pearl bracelet and necklace and a stunning garnet ring. Last night I ordered a russet pearl ring. I really shouldn't watch as all my good intentions just to watch go out of the window and I can't help myself!!! It's very addictive.

I don't need another addiction lol

I've been looking at some of the stuff coming up tonight and it looks lush, and I love the rush of an auction! I must keep away when I've been on the vino though!!!!

I was really really hoping that the stuff I ordered wouldn't be as nice as it is as I shouldn't be buying jewellery at the moment, but what I've got is stunning. I think my only hope is to not watch, but now I've found it I can't help myself.

Hi tootsie:1:

May I suggest earphones:54:

That's what I use.......saves me being bothered by other noises and protects me hubby from knowing what I'm up too!!!!:20:

If you watch for a bit before dipping your toes,so to speak,you will soon get a good idea of how it all works.As others have already said,even if an item isn't scheduled you can put a request in at [email protected] chances are that the kama charms necklaces and bracelets will come on again quite soon as they are popular items.......I received my necklace this week and am delighted with it........I am now gonna seriously consider the bracelet too.

Pop in and say hi on the chat,would love to see you there.:1:

Seetpea if I use my earphones he'll know I'm definitely not working!!!! Bless him, he doesn't complain, I know I must make him sound like an ogre, but I feel dreadfully guilty and he never ever says a work although he raises his eyebrow (just the one) but never ever utters a word!

I'll watch a while and see how it goes :) Can I be cheeky and ask, if nobody minds telling, what sort of prices do the necklaces or bracelets with the charms go for on the auction? I can only see the necklaces with the separate charms on the website.

Can I bid for 2 of them, or do I have to win 2 separate auctions?

You'll probably see me in the chat later on this evening.....when I'm supposed to be working lol

Can I bid for 2 of them, or do I have to win 2 separate auctions?

Unfortunately not, Tootsie, although you could try e-mailing them to ask if they will add another one to your order. I've never tried this so I don't know what their policy is, but their customer service is second to none and I'm sure they'll help you out if you can.

On thing I forgot to mention, is that there is a 30 day money back guarantee. So if you do get carried away after you've been on the vino, all is not lost - you can send back your unwanted purchases after you've sobered up!

Hi Tootsie - sadly, it's all TOO easy to buy from Rocks - just ask my bank manager lol.
I hope you've alerted yours...
The prices do vary a lot depending on who's in and what they want, so it's hard to put a price on anything. I'd say that mostly though the kama bracelet goes around mid twenties and the necklace mid thirties, though I've seen them both cheaper and dearer.
You can only buy one at a time though.
Maybe see you later, though I tend to lurk rather than chat nowadays (someone who doesn't like me much is ALWAYS on there and I don't want to get into any more arguments).

Thanks again for the responses :) I think I'll lurk a while and see what it's like, sometimes the chat in chat boxes goes all passing round virtual muffins and virtual chocolates and that's not really my thing. Sometimes it goes quite bitchy, that's not really my thing either, so I 'll hang around and see what happens.

However I quite fancy these necklaces or the bracelets, they look so pretty, and they'd be ideal Christmas pressies, so I've signed up - I'm there lurking now! It's great ot hear CS spoken so highly of, I've got so used to QVC CS and expect so little!!!

I don't need another addiction lol

I've been looking at some of the stuff coming up tonight and it looks lush, and I love the rush of an auction! I must keep away when I've been on the vino though!!!!
OMG Tootsie, do you do that as well? :D I do, I have absolutely no resistance to anything when I have been drinking :21: :21:

hi tootsie - sadly, it's all too easy to buy from rocks - just ask my bank manager lol.
I hope you've alerted yours...
The prices do vary a lot depending on who's in and what they want, so it's hard to put a price on anything. I'd say that mostly though the kama bracelet goes around mid twenties and the necklace mid thirties, though i've seen them both cheaper and dearer.
You can only buy one at a time though.
Maybe see you later, though i tend to lurk rather than chat nowadays (someone who doesn't like me much is always on there and i don't want to get into any more arguments).

I've told you, its forgotten about now............................

:D :D :D :D :D

Anne C;68062([I said:
someone who doesn't like me much is ALWAYS on there and I don't want to get into any more arguments).[/I]

Tell me who it is Pearly, and I'll duff them for you:wink:

It's a good idea to watch for a few days Tootsie, just to get an idea of the prices any pieces you're interested in are likely to go for. You've missed the boat on the ridiculously cheap prices of the first few day/weeks, but their prices are still amazing compared to other places.

Sara's suggestion of requesting an item in a particular hour is a good one, perhaps you can arrange for Chris to be out of the house then!

Good luck with your bidding:thumbup:

:doggie:

Eeeek I want already!!! And Chris has had to go in and work night shift tonight!!!! But I will watch and watch and decide, I don't change jewellery a lot I tend to buy something and stick with it, so there's no point me going mad and buying just cos it's cheap but oooooh I'm tempted lol

Tell me who it is Pearly, and I'll duff them for you:wink:

:doggie:

lol thanks hun!
Every other day she's whinging about me (thankfully NOT by name, to be fair) and I logged on the other day and responded to try to clear up the misunderstanding - and got another bollocking for my trouble!
Apparently I'm bang out of order! Can't be rsed with it any more though, especially as things are all meant to be sweetness and light since the big reconciliation, so I just lurk when she's around now.

Latest posts

Back