Wynnelayers TSV 20/04/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

How on earth do you suppose one makes a bomber jacket out of chiffon??? Completely the wrong type of material. I shall watch with interest.

CC
I think I've seen it before, and it's paper thin chiffon with collar, cuffs and waistband attatched. I don't remember, what it was like around the zip, as surely that would need a lot of reinforcement in order for it to hold. I do remember a lot of visible seams, where the material has been folded over in order to be stitched. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it just looks weird, and of course is of no practical use whatsover!

I think I've seen it before, and it's paper thin chiffon with collar, cuffs and waistband attatched. I don't remember, what it was like around the zip, as surely that would need a lot of reinforcement in order for it to hold. I do remember a lot of visible seams, where the material has been folded over in order to be stitched. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it just looks weird, and of course is of no practical use whatsover!
I think it rings a distant bell. No point in a see through Jacket but who am I.

I think it rings a distant bell. No point in a see through Jacket but who am I.
I know people drape themselves with sheer voile scarves, so I suppose MW thinks this is an upgrade on that look, but it isn't. A bomber jacket doesn't go with an evening dress, it would just about be ok with a pair of drapey evening trousers and a simple silky top - Not my thing at all but like you say - Who am I?
I think MW is just scraping the barrel trying to find styles are different from the norm - but there's a reason why these garments haven't been done before, and that's because they're impractical and don't look right!

It didn’t fit either JR or the models especially around the hips. JR‘s was far too tight it wouldn’t even sit below her waist and yet was puffed out in the shoulders like a leg of lamb.

I'M AT A LOSS as to why these fashion companies don't make their clothes wide enough on the hips, particularly when they are over-roomy at the bust and shoulders.

The jumpers that Ruthless flogs is notorious for this. Frank Usher is another - loadsaroom across the bust which makes the viewer think its much bigger until you get it home and can't get it over the hips. A lot of market stall and cheaper brands like "Made in Italy" are also guilty of this. At the weekend I went into a Leading Labels store, and saw a short top with relaxed sleeve - didn't have time to try it, but it looked all over big enough. Huh ! got it home, and again the hem just about sits on top of my hips, so I got caught out badly..

Attachments

• Wynne TSV 1.jpg
    Wynne TSV 1.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 151
  • Wynne TSV 2.jpg
    Wynne TSV 2.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 146
  • Wynne TSV 3.jpg
    Wynne TSV 3.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 129
  • Wynne TSV 4.jpg
    Wynne TSV 4.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 143
  • Wynne TSV 5.jpg
    Wynne TSV 5.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 150
Something like this................

OR it could be a crepe number with a wafting bit of chiffon at the hem :eek:
I've got a top like that one with the leaves on it (think it's Phase 8) and it's really nice. I went back for the coral one as well. However, it has a cami built into it. Can't think that would work as a jacket as it would be too thin and no lining would mean the whole garment has no substance. Beach cover up anyone?

CC

I've got a top like that one with the leaves on it (think it's Phase 8) and it's really nice. I went back for the coral one as well. However, it has a cami built into it. Can't think that would work as a jacket as it would be too thin and no lining would mean the whole garment has no substance. Beach cover up anyone?

CC
I think the price will say that it isn't! It's hard to judge how much it'll be but I've never seen anything MW, (unless it's in clearance) go under £50 (with the obvious exception of the vests). This is possibly one of the most pointless garments I've seen from Marla to date, and that's saying something. It's too casual looking to be worn as evening attire, and doesn't look robust enough to stand up as casual wear, even as a beach cover it fails as it cuts off right above one the areas that you'd need to cover. It's a creased mess as her garments often are!

Latest posts

Back