WynneLayers TSV 22/01/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes CandyCane spot on its not laying right around the neckline and puckering across to the v neck from the arm holes
Must be plenty folk can’t see what we can as lots sold
What with this selling of the two pack camisoles cause the tops are short and has high spilts.
So just get the top design correct and folk should not need to buy another item cause of its design faults.
And No! Melissa it’s NOT just beautiful!

I have just received a shirt from Sahara something that caught my eye at full price but now in the sale.It is lovely, very good quality and although a flared shape hangs correctly.I did pay delivery (tracked) but it was ordered Saturday and arrived within its 1 hour specified delivery this morning.

I have a lot of Sahara that I've bought in the Sale over the years, all still looking good, because the cut and fabric are top notch. I bought a dress last summer and then saw Ferne Britton wearing it on the tele ! (well, not the same one obvs)

Why would anyone? I can't see any positives about this offering - I can't call it a creation because I've seen dozens of this type of thing on the market but styled much longer so for me, more flattering and much cheaper. Sorry - much more affordable.

Still only January and we're getting stuff that a mild summer breeze would howl its way through. Then again, it isn't called Wynne Layers for nothing, so you have to treble up to get even remotely chill-free before you put on top a warm top layer from some other brand.

I have a lot of Sahara that I've bought in the Sale over the years, all still looking good, because the cut and fabric are top notch. I bought a dress last summer and then saw Ferne Britton wearing it on the tele ! (well, not the same one obvs)
That is the first time I have bought online from Sahara. The shirt I have is a flared shape but fits neatly on the shoulders and has bust darts so no poking up at the front.
Caught a brief sight of this Marla Grim ( great name from Shopps!) TSV. Just awful, the cut, fit, fabric, words fail.The Marla devotees need to wake up & smell the coffee, this is no designer range which they are paying well over the odds for.

The TSV is ok but will wait for ebay and buy it for far less than QVC price if I still want it

Wow! That’s expensive for a shapeless viscose/polyester/nylon jumper.
I can knit one from pure wool, even with alpaca, for that price or less. Patterns with lots more style too.
Just last week I bought some alpaca/ merino mix yarn for £2.90 a ball, ten balls to make a jumper plus a few evenings knitting in front of the telly

They were showing a padded gillet thing for £102 +p&p. Had trouble trying to zip it up, as the zip was positioned about six inches across into the garment. A few embarrassing moments, the slim model managed to zip hers, and looked like a stuffed sausage. Eventually Melissa just waved her arm and said if you want to zip it up go for a bigger size! Well then the rest of it wouldn’t fit right , would it? By the look of the design you’d end up with too wide shoulders and gaping armholes. Jill loved it so so so much, she was practically having an orgasm! If I paid over £100 for a sleeveless jacket, I’d expect to be able to do it up!

Don't get me wrong I do like the MW ideas but the execution is rubbish. Poor/cheap design features and what's been said a cheap zip for a cheaply made gilet for a ridiculously high price.
I agree, I like the concept and most of the colour range, but nothing would entice me to buy ill fitting garments at those prices. It they don't look good on a model, I know I have no chance. I only watched the jumper presentation online briefly, and the only person who seemed to get away with it was Jill, but perhaps the black shade hid the flaws, or I didn't see a close up. There are too many items modelled now where is is so obvious that they are not going to fasten up, if I was to buy a gilet I'd want to fasten it with a good quality zip and at a much lower price as in my opinion it has very limited use.

Being 5 footish this jumper is one of very few wynne designs that would swamp me and I quite like the style. I don’t think the quality looks great though and it would probably look like a rag in no time. The biggest turn off is the hand wash. Out of the question. I don’t buy silk or cashmere any more for that reason and wouldn’t dream of hand washing a synthetic knock around piece.

Latest posts

Back