Yada yada yada

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Grizelda

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Alison Keenan seems to be a very likable person, but why does she speak so fast? I can't keep up with her sometimes. Yesterday, she talked at such a rate that the guest finally gave up and let her go on and on and on. Is it nervous energy? Does she get paid by word per minute?

Mr Akimbo is a "fast-talker" so I'm used to it. I get frustrated by s-l-o-w--t-a-l-k-e-r-s like Charlie Brook. The worst offender in my life is the father-out-law...not only does he talk the most inane drivel he takes ages to get to the end of it. Alison has a few stock phrases, as they all do, but on the whole she has a wider vocabulary than most.

I've got a few relatives like that. They're the worst. Do you sometimes find yourself finishing their sentences for them, just so they get to the ****** end of it quicker?

Yes yes yes!

Mr B is a slow talker because he thinks so much about what he's saying. I find the waiting comparable to watching the 'buffering' signs on the 'pooter

I've got a few relatives like that. They're the worst. Do you sometimes find yourself finishing their sentences for them, just so they get to the ****** end of it quicker?

We went from London to Edinburgh on the train last year with 2 older family members. There were 4 of us & our seats were the type arranged around the table (ie with nowhere to escape or hide).
Mr senior prattled on about complete balls for most of the journey, so much so that I
pretended to be asleep whilst he did it, ie for most of the journey. It sounded like I missed out on some really good rounds of 'I spy'.

I know some people around my age who never pause for breath.You can mention a subject and they will go on with a monologue for 20 to 30 minutes with everything in minute detail.It makes for exhausting listening!I try not to do the same!

I’m in the slow and boring category and can’t be doing with long conversations about anything. My sister is normal speed and boring - she can go on and on and on. She also forgets words and tells stories back to front or starts in the middle, nips to the beginning and repeats. My brother is fast, loud and entertaining. If we are all at the same “function” I hardly get a word in edgeways and if I do, nobody listens :mysmilie_11::mysmilie_502:

I don’t mind AK fast talking bout t I do object when it prevents the guest telling us what we need to know

If we are all at the same “function” I hardly get a word in edgeways and if I do, nobody listens :mysmilie_11::mysmilie_502:

This is why I have cats! :mysmilie_484: They're good at pretending to listen, especially if there's food involved! And one of mine chats back which is nice! :mysmilie_482:

This is why I have cats! :mysmilie_484: They're good at pretending to listen, especially if there's food involved! And one of mine chats back which is nice! :mysmilie_482:

You're lucky. Our cat wouldn't even consider listening to what her maids have to say. Maids are there to open cat food and repeatedly open and close doors, as required. They are not required to talk.

As you can see from my photo, I have a cat too, Eric. Sadly he went completely deaf about 2 years ago so there is no pretence at listening to me !

She has a habit of repeat firing, and always ends with a giggle - while the poor guest is stood like a lemon waiting to get a word in.

I either 'watch' with the tv on mute, or catch up on anything I've recorded, at 30 x normal speed. I can hardly bear to listen to any of them, these days. I hardly buy anything, either. Not quite sure why I have it on at all, really!

I either 'watch' with the tv on mute, or catch up on anything I've recorded, at 30 x normal speed. I can hardly bear to listen to any of them, these days. I hardly buy anything, either. Not quite sure why I have it on at all, really!

Pussycat!!!!

Latest posts

Back