Yankee Candle TSV 13/01/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just watching Rosa present a melts collection and telling people how they need to get a melt warmer, like the one on screen. No mention of the fact that melts have been discontinued. I think that is a blooming cheek!

I had no idea Mazza - especially having only just bought a melt burner (from yankee bundles with oodles of melts so no complaint there). Being a novice to melts I am having trouble getting them out once finished. I have seen comments on here about putting in freezer but the instructions on my ceramic one says in caps do not put in. So far have been lighting tealight for a few mins but it is hit and miss whether I got gloopy wax or burnt fingertips :RpS_confused: Any tips welcome :RpS_thumbsup::help:

I had no idea Mazza - especially having only just bought a melt burner (from yankee bundles with oodles of melts so no complaint there). Being a novice to melts I am having trouble getting them out once finished. I have seen comments on here about putting in freezer but the instructions on my ceramic one says in caps do not put in. So far have been lighting tealight for a few mins but it is hit and miss whether I got gloopy wax or burnt fingertips :RpS_confused: Any tips welcome :RpS_thumbsup::help:

you can melt for a few minutes until the solid wax has melted and slide it out...I always freeze mine but my holders are decades old

I know there are people on here who light a tealight for a few minutes and then scoop it out. I always freeze mine** for an hour or so and then dig it out with a knife. There are other types/makes of melts available should your supply run out but I used to like buying the Yankee ones to match my candles.

**What I put in the freezer is the removable lid from my warmer, not the whole thing. Well most of mine are electric now so I only buy those if the lid can be removed.

there is another way mopping up the melted wax with cotton wool balls tried it once never again

I just run mine under a hop tap for a minute and they seem to pop out quick enough, but the Home Inspiration ones definitely come out easier than the regular Yankee ones do. And I prefer those ones anyway, so it's a win/win for me. Ha ha

if its the Alpine set with the illuma lid its gorgeous. one is a chocolate mint and vanilla gourmand and the other is a ginger Dusk wannabe. burns beautifully and lovely strong scents fantastic value and use the SALE15 and you get another saving

Has the SALE15 code expired now? Was Sunday the cut off date?

I notice beauty items still have £1.95 postage, I hope that continues then they might realise it encourages purchasing whereas high p&p makes me think twice!

I notice beauty items still have £1.95 postage, I hope that continues then they might realise it encourages purchasing whereas high p&p makes me think twice!

Apparently the £1.95 is continuing until the end of the month but any new items including TSV's will be £2.95. This is what Q said in response to people querying why the Judith William's TSV postage is £2.95.

its gone sadly hopefully it will return the candles are still available don't listen to the reviews they are fab

My TSV is on the way. I'll try one of each over the weekend and let you know what I think. I've got a ginger dusk melt going and it's not great, got as much ginger in it as the dodgy Chinese beef with "ginger" and spring onion that our (now ex) local used to sell. I would call it vanilla dusk with a bit of christmas cookie.

CC

burning the TSV. don't like the Roseberry on cold sniff at all but the other two are gorgeous. the white floral votive candle is very strong filling my 17 ft bedroom very well same with the green candle. cant wait to get the next drop

Just got my TSV this morning from Hermes. I was surprised to see a warning sign on the outside and inside of the box listing ingredients which can cause sensitivity and a skin rash. In all the years I've bought Yankee that is the first time I have ever seen that on the packaging. Haven't tried these yet but I will burn one when I get home from work tonight and I'm hoping I get the same result as Boffy.

Just asking, as I've been burning lots of Yankee over Christmas/New Year up to now, I've had a very persistent cough (no cold) and I can't get rid of it (doctor tomorrow). I don't suppose any Yankee ingredients could be causing it??

CC

Just got my TSV this morning from Hermes. I was surprised to see a warning sign on the outside and inside of the box listing ingredients which can cause sensitivity and a skin rash. In all the years I've bought Yankee that is the first time I have ever seen that on the packaging. Haven't tried these yet but I will burn one when I get home from work tonight and I'm hoping I get the same result as Boffy.

Just asking, as I've been burning lots of Yankee over Christmas/New Year up to now, I've had a very persistent cough (no cold) and I can't get rid of it (doctor tomorrow). I don't suppose any Yankee ingredients could be causing it??

CC

I get that with Midnight Jasmine CC. I can still taste it for days afterwards as well.

Putting melt in silicone cake case works well

That sounds an excellent tip - shame I was in B+M today and could have picked up - although on the plus side they did have YC melts at 89p each including lavender which is my large candle at the moment :RpS_smile:

burning the TSV. don't like the Roseberry on cold sniff at all but the other two are gorgeous. the white floral votive candle is very strong filling my 17 ft bedroom very well same with the green candle. cant wait to get the next drop

I agree Boffy the green and white are lovely. Was worried the rosebery would be very sweet but it is thankfully more fresh to me - a kitchen burn though, I wouldn't want to sit in a room full of it :RpS_rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm burning the afternoon escape one in my melt burner, can't say it's that strong to be honest. I suspect I wouldn't be able to smell it if it was just one tealight. Need to try the others before I decide whether or not to keep it. Could be my nose though.

CC

I'm burning the afternoon escape one in my melt burner, can't say it's that strong to be honest. I suspect I wouldn't be able to smell it if it was just one tealight. Need to try the others before I decide whether or not to keep it. Could be my nose though.

CC

the samplers are really strong imo the white floral is stronger than the green candle but still fills a large room

That sounds an excellent tip - shame I was in B+M today and could have picked up - although on the plus side they did have YC melts at 89p each including lavender which is my large candle at the moment :RpS_smile:

I agree Boffy the green and white are lovely. Was worried the rosebery would be very sweet but it is thankfully more fresh to me - a kitchen burn though, I wouldn't want to sit in a room full of it :RpS_rolleyes:

I am not a fruit candle person they make me feel queasy apple and melon fragances are the worst offenders. this Roseberry has a melon rose and fruit twang

Latest posts

Back