Yankee candles at ASDA!

Julius

Banned
Just got back from Asda. They have large vase-shaped jar Yankee candles in there for £8 each. Fragrances were as follows: Honey & Vanilla (Couldn't work out if I liked it or not - too sweet), Stony Cove (slightly odd, nondescript) Grapefruit (smelled JUST like a pink grapefuit! my favourite) Lavender (seemed a touch on the synthetic side), Fresh Spring (smelled more like Harpic toilet cleaner) and something and linen (not for me). I think the jars would be nice to keep after the candle has been used.

Autumn

VIP Shopper
There the simply home range , IMO not as good as the house warmer range but there are some good scents, especially cherry vanilla

Julius

Banned
There the simply home range , IMO not as good as the house warmer range but there are some good scents, especially cherry vanilla
Cherry vanilla sounds nice. I don't think they had that one. I didn't spend too long in there as I have been ill all day and had only eaten one bowl of porridge. Next time I go in there I will look at the other candles.

Autumn

VIP Shopper
Cherry vanilla sounds nice. I don't think they had that one. I didn't spend too long in there as I have been ill all day and had only eaten one bowl of porridge. Next time I go in there I will look at the other candles.
If you like Black cherry its very similar to that , another nice scent is Morning blossom , Nice thing about buying from Asda is you can smell before you buy :)

SUPERCOOLWILLOW

STAR IN THE HOOD
ive never seen these but ive had a tart to try & to me they aint nowhere near as good

sharonk

They had coconut at ours before Christmas. It burned nice and even and smelled wonderful. They haven't had that scent in since. Gutted. I have found the coconut and sweet pea to be every bit as good as my traditional Yankees

Tesco has some - a few samplers online and jars in store - from this range. I don't like the shape of the large jars as much they look a bit old fashioned to me (or let's say 'classic'!) but great value. The samplers I've had have been good - including a plain cinnamon one at Xmas and lavender.

boffy

VIP Shopper
sadly i have been burning woodwick candles and they are soo beautifully scented. also the crackling sound is like a real log fire. these yankee candles sound like the jars that homebase used to sell

sharonk

I picked up a Heart and Home candle in a garden centre today. 30 hours burn time £4.99 in sweet black cherry. It smells so much nicer than Yankee black cherry. They are in glass jars with a domed tin lid, quite pretty and they are soy candles. I bough a new scent from Yankee too in sweet apple. I haven't lit either of them yet but I have very high hopes for my little £4.99 soy candle. They also do a bigger one £12.99 for 80 hours burn time.
This what they look like http://www.candlesathome.co.uk/shop/heart-and-home. I didn't buy from here though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maurabax
AdBlock Detected

Thank you for visiting ShoppingTelly.com

We get it, advertisements are annoying, however without them this forum would cease to exist.

Members of ShoppingTelly.com can go TOTALLY AD FREE, VIP LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP is just £10!

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks