Yankee Candles TSV 01/11/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

:mysmilie_466: That's quite scary.

CC
I find the stupidity of most people quite scary. Fire & smoke kill & consequently anything that produces these needs to be treated with caution & respect. I read an article today about a couple who thought a lit candle by their bed would be romantic; the pillow caught fire, he tried to get rid of it but hit her with it, they ran around in a panic which resulted in him knocking himself out. Do the YC ambassadors & QVC tat peddlers still suggest the perfect candle scents for the bedroom? I've heard Queen Julia do this on numerous occasions.

The Yankee store in out town closed down last week, 2 days later it re-opened as Fresh Cosmetics, selling bath products etc.
According to our local paper, the new store is part of the same company. ???

The Yankee store in out town closed down last week, 2 days later it re-opened as Fresh Cosmetics, selling bath products etc.
According to our local paper, the new store is part of the same company. ???

Are you in lovely Chester?

I can’t see any connection between Yankee and Fresh Cosmetics. Yankee are in the Newell group and Fresh Cosmetics are one of the many brands in the huge LVMH group.

Anyway, have you visited Fresh yet, China Girl? They’ll probably do well in the run-up to Christmas.

Hi Andi, I went in today to have a look. It's not the Fresh Cosmetics I thought it would be, the shop had that awful overpowering smell similar to Lush.
It all looked a bit tat to me, gaudy colours and sickly scents.
I asked if it was part of Yankee and was told it isn't.

Hi Andi, I went in today to have a look. It's not the Fresh Cosmetics I thought it would be, the shop had that awful overpowering smell similar to Lush.
It all looked a bit tat to me, gaudy colours and sickly scents.
I asked if it was part of Yankee and was told it isn't.

Oh dear, that smell turns my stomach.

Good detective work, anyway!

Yankee Candle 6 Piece Ultimate Wax Collection
Item Number: 710720
QVC Price £66.00
Todays Special Value Price £41.96
P&P £4.95

or 4 Easy Pays of £10.49

A six-piece Ultimate Wax Collection from Yankee Candle featuring two large jar candles, two medium jar candles and two small jar candles in your choice of seasonal scents or bestselling classic scents. Perfect for gifting or for filling your own home with gorgeous fragrance, each candle in this enticing collection makes a statement on its own or can be placed together to create a beautiful display.

Select your scent - with eight exquisite fragrances to choose from, ranging from seasonal to the more classic, you're sure to find a scent you or they will love. All is Bright, The Perfect Tree, Glittering Star and Red Apple Wreath are sure to get you feeling festive, or a favourite could be found amongst the popular classics of Midnight Jasmine, Fluffy Towels, Black Coconut and Spiced Orange.

Treat them - the large jar or medium jar candles are ideal for giving as thoughtful standalone gifts that friends and family will love, while the smaller jar candles make lovely stocking fillers. Or for a truly memorable and thoughtful gift, why not treat one lucky someone to the whole collection!

The ultimate bundle - you receive a superb amount of wax to burn through in this fantastic collection, with the six signature jar candles providing up to 510 hours of burn time to enjoy in total.

Fragrance options:

Midnight Jasmine - a blend of water jasmine, sweet honeysuckle, neroli, and mandarin blossom
Fluffy Towels - the fresh scent of clean towels with notes of lemon, apple, lavender and lily
Black Coconut - coconut, cedarwood and floral island blossoms
All is Bright - zesty citrus and warm, comforting musk notes
The Perfect Tree - balsam and fir scented with festive snowy branches
Glittering Star - sandalwood with sugarplum and ginger
Red Apple Wreath - a happy Christmas homecoming with the festive aroma of sweet apples, cinnamon, walnuts and maple
Spiced Orange - a blend of sunny citrus and snappy ginger

Total burn time: up to 510 hours

Contains:

2 x Large Jar Candle (623g)
2 x Medium Jar Candle (411g)
2 x Small Jar Candle (104g)

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.710720

On dear! I'm a huge fan of The Perfect Tree. I really like Red Apple Wreath, and Spiced Orange!!

I'm a look tempted. Someone talk me down, please :mysmilie_857:

On dear! I'm a huge fan of The Perfect Tree. I really like Red Apple Wreath, and Spiced Orange!!

If you buy a set and something else for at least £18 exclusive of P&P, eg another set, you can get £10 off with today’s Festive Find code. Does that help? No? Sorry.

If you buy a set and something else for at least £18 exclusive of P&P, eg another set, you can get £10 off with today’s Festive Find code. Does that help? No? Sorry.

I never pay any attention to their promo codes as they require too much faffing, and have too many strings attached.

I wasn't going to buy but am tempted by red apple wreath. I had a votive and lit it so I could check the scent and I think I will get them.

I have never purchased a Yankee candle TSV before, have just ordered the red apple wreath on advanced order.
They should look good on the mantelpieces with the other decorations. Can’t wait.

glittering star for me I bought two jars last Christmas and love it to bits but I will be reigning in my spending with QVC from now on their customer service is insulting

I love Red Apple Wreath and have had it as my Christmas candle a couple of times. But this year I am just using the one in the stash which comes closest to winter. I know I have a Winter Garden but maybe something a tad spicier is also lurking. Can't really believe I am not buying! My other economy is to stop burning two together!!! I know!!! Radical changes here. I still burn it with a tart or tealights though and have to say I haven't really noticed a big reduction in smell. Currently the Portrait range Daisy is really quite strong.

:mysmilie_59:

I haven't bought a fragranced candle in a long time: in fact, I sold all mine on ebay. I found that all I could smell was paraffin, no other discernible fragrance.

I used the wax tarts for a while, but found all the messing around with tea-lights an awful faff.

Now I'm using the 'scenterpiece' range, and Luminara flameless candles, for the effect.

The scenterpiece cups seem a bit pricey, but last up-to 24 hours. I've been cleaning out the spent cups, and using them for my Yankee & WoodWick melts. No flame. Much safer.

I use tarts in an electric burner and they give out a lot of scent and last a couple of days. You can also melt votives in them.

CC

I haven’t bought candles for ages because they are spoilt by the smell of paraffin. I prefer melt cups in an electric warmer.

Latest posts

Back