Yet more tat

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fredab

Registered Shopper
Just browsing the Q website and they have yet another new “fashion” range LOGO by Lori Goldstein. Yet another pile of overpriced tunic tops that look awful. I am thinking it is yet another brand from across the pond so the sizing will definitely be all over the place as per usual and it just looks like all the stuff they keep showing.

[:mysmilie_51:Hi freedab, yes, I think the Q so-called "fashions" are dire in the main (with perhaps a couple of exceptions). Most of the polyester type fabrics used to "make" the different ranges - well, I wouldn't be seen dead in them - and the prices!! Ye Gods, the profit must be astronomical. Most of the tunic tops I could make myself and they would look better, and for less than a quarter of their prices (and believe me, I am no expert dressmaker by any means, probably a lot less competent than many of you). Don't get me started on Yong Kim - Yong Dishcloth? Someone is laughing all the way to the bank - and it isn't the customer.

QUOTE=fredab;793411]Just browsing the Q website and they have yet another new “fashion” range LOGO by Lori Goldstein. Yet another pile of overpriced tunic tops that look awful. I am thinking it is yet another brand from across the pond so the sizing will definitely be all over the place as per usual and it just looks like all the stuff they keep showing.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
For all of the "fashion" Q sell I have never actually seen anyone wearing it out and about, or do you think it is for indoor wear only?
I am NO fashion expert but I have yet to see any thing I would wear either indoors or outside.
I do have a dressing gown that came from Q and am sometimes I can be seen putting out the bins in it at the crack of dawn, does that count?

Most of Q`s fashion is dire IMO and the few things which aren`t dire tend to be overpriced. I`ve visited several parts of America and Mrs Joe Average wandering around her local Walmart certainly doesn`t look anything to aspire to, so why are Q trying so hard to American-ise our clothes ? They buy in bulk from American companies in dollars and then sell over here in £`s that`s why. Big profits.

Dear Lord, have you seen the "stylist" ???? she's a bit over the hill to be sporting a haircut like that, and as for what she's got on ! did she get dressed in the dark. I wouldn't want her anywhere near me to decide what I wear. Money and old rope springs to mind.

The Logo guest isn't very encouraging .... I have no idea what look she was going for but imo..... she missed them all.:mysmilie_61:

I've just flicked over to have a look, the woman looks absolutely ridiculous, if that's style (shark bite hems, cheap fabric and polyester) you can keep it.

Just flicked TV over and seen the stylist WTF does she look like. What is it with Q's obsession with ruddy shark bite hems. Most of the clothes do not do the models any favours so us mere mortals do not have a hope in hell. and don't get me started on Yong Kim - absolute overpriced tat. I see from the Q website there is a Diane Gilman TSV soon - wonder what that will be. Oh let me guess another pair of ill fitting jeans!

I nearly bought this from the logo range in pink and grey,

http://www.qvcuk.com/LOGO-by-Lori-G...html?sc=AZMHF&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-3-_-138482

But then I replayed the clip from the show and could see the models bra so no thank you, especially considering that price!

I also found the guest very annoying and her hair reminded me of a cockatoo. I also thought it was silly how she kept banging on about layering not making you bulky, it does.. and I don't think her "layering" was doing her any favours either..

I'll add I do like some of Qs fashions, I've got pieces by Nina Leonard that I love. I also bought 2 tops from the Isaac Mizrahi TSV on Monday, they arrived today and I'm very pleased with them.

Last edited:
I've had a good chuckle at this thread and I agree with all that's been said. So who is buying this Yanky rubbish they keep flogging. Like Vienna said, when I was in the U.S. Some years ago I never saw any smart fashionable women at all.

Shops are best for atm....my friend went around with me and showed me some great reasonable priced items for all ages sizes etc ...had a laugh ...kept my body moving rather than sitting in a chair watching others and had a right laugh too ....and saved only as no postage!!! ....yay ...keep fit have a laugh and shop at the same time ...:mysmilie_59:...feel,sorry for people at the mercy of the TV sharks though ....

More horrible shark bites. When will this unflattering craze end.........

You took the words out of my mouth ..... how they can stand there saying over and over how this style flatters the hips On Trinny and Susanah trousers with two vertical seams down the middle of each buttock makes your bottom look smaller ...rubbish Draws the eyes in ...its funny we are not all cross eyed having our eyes drawn in so much !! They just talk too much twaddle endlessly !!

The trouble is its an American company, - apart from Michelle Hope all the fashion gets shipped across, all the food is British (for obvious reasons), most of the jewellery is from America or Israel (exceptions incl Links of London, Bibi Bijoux), so with Q in Italy, China, Germany, there is the awful possibility of strolling along the Gt Wall of China someday and coming face to face with an Anttony creation ! ugh ! the global takeover of QVC fashion.

I must admit in the show there was one top I actually liked a stripey ombré top ,but the price with P&P was £50 and just not worth it.Then there is the sizing issue ,so I wouldn't risk it.....

For all of the "fashion" Q sell I have never actually seen anyone wearing it out and about, or do you think it is for indoor wear only?
I am NO fashion expert but I have yet to see any thing I would wear either indoors or outside.
I do have a dressing gown that came from Q and am sometimes I can be seen putting out the bins in it at the crack of dawn, does that count?

Madmax, agree with you there also you must live in a tough 'hood if some one sets your bins on fire at night.

I think a disservice is being done to housebound people. They are not cretins but presumably if they are impaired they will have someone looking out for them but even they do not, a shopping channel is there to sell stuff, not decide whether someone is in a fit state to buy stuff. I do not buy anything that I do not want or think is a good bargain from QVC. I do not watch it 24/7 at all either. No-one is forced to buy. I am not swayed by presenters nor guests so to intimate that a shopping channel should have a conscience about selling is ridiculous. I have to say that I do not understand why people watch QVC if it is that awful for them, except to gather nuggets to bitch about. God help you if the channel did fold, what on earth would you bitch about then? People say the channel has changed but I would hazard a guess that so has the QVC section of this website. It is boring reading so many bitchy negative comments rather than constructive remarks about products. I wonder if many people do not post positively because they would appear stupid/gullible/lonely because they have so easily parted with their money?

I think a disservice is being done to housebound people. They are not cretins but presumably if they are impaired they will have someone looking out for them but even they do not, a shopping channel is there to sell stuff, not decide whether someone is in a fit state to buy stuff. I do not buy anything that I do not want or think is a good bargain from QVC. I do not watch it 24/7 at all either. No-one is forced to buy. I am not swayed by presenters nor guests so to intimate that a shopping channel should have a conscience about selling is ridiculous. I have to say that I do not understand why people watch QVC if it is that awful for them, except to gather nuggets to bitch about. God help you if the channel did fold, what on earth would you bitch about then? People say the channel has changed but I would hazard a guess that so has the QVC section of this website. It is boring reading so many bitchy negative comments rather than constructive remarks about products. I wonder if many people do not post positively because they would appear stupid/gullible/lonely because they have so easily parted with their money?

Well, it's a view.

Latest posts

Back