Yianni Melas' weekend

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Deasmum

Registered Shopper
Hello everyone. Am I the only one to find the Yianni Melas' weekend a bit repetitive? The have showcased the new green garnet on Friday, twice on Saturday and as I write this, this time in collaboration with other stones. I am finding it horribly dull. How about you?

Have thankfully cut down my shopping telly watching quite a bit recently, but have just flicked over to catch Ellis wittering about Aquaprase. I really don’t like it at all, and can’t see the point of the whole weekend. Seems to be a lot of backslapping and ‘oh how clever we were in buying this, back in the day’. A couple of new ‘not to be missed’ stones also curtesy of Yianni. Yawn, so boring.

Did I dream it, or did Gemporia announce some time ago that they wouldn’t be able to set Aquaprase into silver anymore? This was mentioned along with the usual waffle of not telling Yianni…..

I don't get aquaprase either. It just looks grubby and certainly not very beautiful. There are lots of "organic" stones, you can pick them off the beach. Emperor's new clothes to me. And I feel the same about grandiderite. There may be some super expensive examples that look good but the cheap stuff is just a cloudy blue stone of no great beauty either.

I am glad I am not the only one not to get the supposed appeal of Aquaprase. I usually love patterned stones- I am a huge fan of many patterned jaspers- but Aquaprase is in my very subjective view quite ugly. Moreover, I am almost certain that what they show on TV are the best, most beautiful of the samples and what people receive must be even more appallingly ugly. For me, the weekend was a terrible mess. They had advertised cherry blossom morganite, but ended up only showcasing the green garnet, aquaiba beryl and Aquaprase over and over again. Interesting thing.... A few weeks ago, they sold Yianni's Pashanite and I was expecting to see more of it, at least to prevent the weekend from being so limited and repetitive, but no....

Aquaprase and grandidierite only ever look halfway attractive when it's been shoved in a lightbox.

So unless you are taking a holiday on the sun, it's just going to look dull, murky and awful

Latest posts

Back