Yong Kim ?????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

May

Registered Shopper
Seriously I am so bewildered by this awful brand ....the last item shown looked like my primark cardi that got scrunched up at the bottom of my clean washing...and as Hughie Green used to say ...and I mean that most sincerely friends ..the price too!!!....I mean it I think it's an insult ....to fashion if anything else ...
I don't often feel like this but I had to jump on here this time of night and mention it ..an absolute joke imho ....rant over lol

I like the look but not the prices and unfortunately you need to layer which means you need at least 2 or 3 items which fairly mounts up for something which I can only wear at the weekend

Like you May,I am also mystified.I still watch the shows because I'm waiting for some sort of enlightenment as to why they are so popular.

Yesterday,Ingrid Tarrant was a bedraggled sight. She was wearing a long creased raggedy white skirt.
Chloe,always inventive put the same skirt from the hanger on as if it was a poncho and one of the models did too.Then said she wouldn't wear it as a skirt but would wear it like a poncho.To me it didn't look good either way.

Ingrid in a moments honesty replied she wouldn't normally wear this type of skirt either.They then quickly moved on back into selling mode. I must admit I was taken in by Ingrids stated love of YK and thought she lived in them !

I have had 'crinkle' clothes in the past but they haven't looked like Yong Kim items. For me Yong Kim clothes just look crumpled and creased. I am at a loss to know why they are so expensive too.

The stripey number made the model look like she was wearing a badly matched tent and it was over £100.00

It's the "emperor's new clothes" syndrome. Tell people something's fashionable for long enough and they'll believe you. The amount of money you have to spend on this range to get clothes that give coverage is staggering.

When watching the promo I find it ironic that it's an effort for Ingrid to say "effortlessly. I've seen out and about some lovely tops made in Modal fabric, for round about £35/40 so by my reckoning, Yong Kim has a mark up of 70% not bad for a woman, sorry "designer" that no one has ever seen or heard of eh?

This has been asked before, no that's YOUNG Kim, on QVC it's a supposedly different woman called YONG Kim, but like I say, no ones ever seen her.

Oh, I thought it might be the same person because googling her they give both the names Young/Yong in the same sentence ? It's a very big coincidence that there are two fashion designers, one called Young and the other Yong........ ending in Kim.

Last edited:
I am surprised at the popularity of this range on Q as I didn't think it would have mass appeal.For me it's a NO NO I have no desire to look like Ingrid Tarrent I will remain a non edgy 'fashionista'!!!!!

It's a joke I swear lol.....i was about to wind Down for the night but was compelled to express my confusion at the programme makers showing this dross ...( I was thinking of Dolly from the comedy Dinner Ladies when she does her confused ,awkward embarrassed, type laugh ..lol that's me, doing that laugh as Jackie and Ingrid bang on about the virtues of the brand ...) :mysmilie_17:

It really suits a waif grungey model. The odd piece I like the look of and would have worn in my twenties but know it wouldn't look good on the overweight 46 year old version of myself I have become. If you have a waif figure though you have so many choices and would unlikely buy overpriced fashion with extortionate p&p to get it and to return from QVC.

Saying that though many are obviously purchasing as it seems to be a successful range, it's on air often enough!

Was Jackie quite well last night? I haven't seen her for a while and she was behaving like a 5 year old, all silly giggly and talking nonsense over Ingrid all the time. She didn't even register that Cordelia had been modelling from the beginning of the hour and said hello and asked if she'd been there all the time. I like both women normally but last night was a shocker.

I thought I read on another thread here that the range is retailed in the US under a completely different name.

I once got so curious I ordered something - never again. The quality of the finish was OK - but I looked GIGANTIC in it, as I have a large bust, and I looked like a ship in full sail.

I'm baffled by the hyperbole with which the presenters speak about this range. I'm constantly staggered by the prices. I now draw my own conclusion - if the models don't look good in it - and they rarely do - then it's not going to do a mere mortal any favours. Someone, somewhere is laughing all the way to the bank.

The only justification for Yong Kim is that it provides a welcome counterpoint to the busy prints of most of the other clothing ranges offered.

Was Jackie quite well last night? I haven't seen her for a while and she was behaving like a 5 year old, all silly giggly and talking nonsense over Ingrid all the time. She didn't even register that Cordelia had been modelling from the beginning of the hour and said hello and asked if she'd been there all the time. I like both women normally but last night was a shocker.

I find that Jackie acts like this all the time, it's as if she's embarrassed to be there.

Wasn't it something to do with Ingrid calling the belly button a 'tummy hole' that sent them off into the giggles

I thought I read on another thread here that the range is retailed in the US under a completely different name.

I once got so curious I ordered something - never again. The quality of the finish was OK - but I looked GIGANTIC in it, as I have a large bust, and I looked like a ship in full sail.

I'm baffled by the hyperbole with which the presenters speak about this range. I'm constantly staggered by the prices. I now draw my own conclusion - if the models don't look good in it - and they rarely do - then it's not going to do a mere mortal any favours. Someone, somewhere is laughing all the way to the bank.

The only justification for Yong Kim is that it provides a welcome counterpoint to the busy prints of most of the other clothing ranges offered.
:mysmilie_17:

You cracked me up,..lol,love this forum so witty x

Latest posts

Back