Your crisp, white shirt

• Thread starter Deleted member 21102
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 21102

Guest Shopper
I do wish QVC would put their money where their mouth is and actually SELL a crisp, white shirt and advertise it as such - for no other reason than we could see what we're meant to be wearing all these clothes and jewellery with. Please, QVC, find one and describe it as a "crisp, white shirt", not just as a poplin/cotton/polyester/linen/whatever shirt. I'd have thought it would fit nicely into one or two of their ranges, but we're left hanging (presumably so are the "crisp, white shirts" we might have in our wardrobes). If one of the ranges they stock were selling them, there surely would be no quality issues with shirts being all of crisp and white and staying that way after a few washes? It's not a big ask.

Is there anything else they mention that you'd like them to sell?

In all the years I’ve been watching Q despite it being constantly mentioned I can only remember 2 CWS both in very overpriced ranges.

years ago Trinny & Sussane had one but small sizes big ticket price
For some years and currently in stock MarlaW but again high prices and a boxy style not fitted

one of our members, possibly either Candycane or Merryone, bought the MW one recently and was pleased.

I actually used to have a "crisp white shirt" bought from QVC no less..It came with a hideous pair of blue tie dye leggings and was from the Marla Wynne of the day..I think it was Barbara something don't quote me! The design feature on the shirt was overlong sleeves with massive turn backs, and an oversized stiff collar - and yes, I did look like Harry Hill in a wig! It was awful and didn't look good with anything as the only thing that wasn't oversized was the body of the shirt, so it was tight and straight so you couldn't ruche it up over a belt. Sleeves were forever going into everything so they were always getting grubby, then I spilled something on it and the stain didn't come out properly, it was only a tiny mark but I knew it was there. I let in fester in the wardrobe for a few years before I bit the bullet and threw it out. The leggings were ok for lolling round the house in and taking the bins out..I think I paid £50 for that ensemble and we're talking a good 15 years ago! I do have a white shirt, it's floppy with a grandad collar and great for summer, panic bought in a charity shop when I was out for the day and it got unexpectedly hot..sometimes wear a "little cami"underneath!

Some half decent ladies white shirts here and not badly priced to be honest especially as they have a deal on at the moment. Just look under the Womenswear tab for ladies white shirts.

Do you dress it up or dress it down? ;)
I alternate, MiD. If I’m going to a garden party or meeting all my girlfriends for coffee or Christmas cocktails, I dress it up with the perfect little scarf from Lola Rose to add that touch of glamour and keep the chill off. If I’m walking the dog or taking the (non-existent) kids to ballet, and want to get the tone right, I’ll dress it down.

For some years and currently in stock MarlaW but again high prices and a boxy style not fitted

one of our members, possibly either Candycane or Merryone, bought the MW one recently and was pleased.

Yes, me, I bought this in the Rose and I liked it so much I bought the berry as well. I wear a long cardi with them and don't show the floaty back, the front looks like a well tailored shirt and the collar lies nicely. I am usually dressed like a tramp in Winter with bundles of scruffy jumpers so I wanted something a bit more dressed up even if I am just at home. Really want the sea grass or olive but not in stock in my size. XS fits me really well and I'm a size 12 top.

CC

For more years than I care to remember I had three shirts a day put in the laundry basket, I always washed them asap & ironed six every other day to get them put away quickly. I detest ironing, do it because I care how my clothes look but resent every minute I spend at the board, consequently I don't own a shirt & never will. It's testament to the love I have for my daughter & son in law that I do their ironing on my toddler sitting days 😇

I alternate, MiD. If I’m going to a garden party or meeting all my girlfriends for coffee or Christmas cocktails, I dress it up with the perfect little scarf from Lola Rose to add that touch of glamour and keep the chill off. If I’m walking the dog or taking the (non-existent) kids to ballet, and want to get the tone right, I’ll dress it down.
I don't know about you andik, but I can't wait to go on my next cruise and sit at the captain's table.

I've been known to wear a white shirt or ten. Always had a few in the wardrobe. I used to buy 2-3 twice a year.

But did buy eight once. They should have been £55.00 but had been mis priced at £5. I searched and searched the rail to get the wrongly priced ones. One of the best bargains of my life. I used to wear them with leather trousers or skirts a lot and on a sweaty day you could guarantee the dye from leather waist band would transfer.

Always have a smart white shirt, not sure if it's crisp but it's white and good enough for me. I don't have any of the other standard Q essentials. Never owned a pump (excent when I had a bicycle), a white tee - nah not me, closest is a white polo shirt but they are covered in polo or gold stuff from a charity shop I visited in Spain near Sotogrande. A jean - couldn't feel dressed in any sort of jean.

We are all different and when you get to a certain age you know what you are comfortable and look good in.

But with circuit breaker happening soon think I just need more fleece PJs!!!

Latest posts

Back