Your favourite GTV purchases

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Your stuff is gorgeous Darls and will remain elegant and dazzling. That starburst pendant design was simply fabulous and I'd have loved to do what you did, esp with the earrings - however, I didn't do it cos it would have felt like copying you lol.

As for your heart pendant, that is such a beautiful design and so special - an everlasting reminder of what you and your children mean to each other. Simply smashing.

As for my purchases from GTV overall, it has been a wonderful way of obtaining gem jewellery which I never would have seen or owned otherwise - even if I have sadly had to let most of it go over time. I've always been a fan of distance buying, being a client of Compton & Woodhouse and QVC for 10 years and more, but as I live in the cheap seats, GTV et al have brought so many affordable and unusual items into my life.

For me, the joy has been obtaining faceted examples of what is exhibited in my natural gem & crystal cabinet. Seeing the difference between a bit of rough (no not Sean Bean!) and how it ends up after the gemcutter has been at it, to me is amazing. It is why I sidestepped into buying loose stones, since alot of the gems were in designs I wouldnt wear - but buying from GTV has been a great experience on the whole. I've had my hands on some unusual and gorgeous stuff over the years. Walking into a high street jeweller has never afforded me such experiences.

Yes, even GTV has its problems, but as a rule they're happy to sort them out. Unfortunately one or two recent mishaps have overshadowed what has by and large been a happy shopping experience with them for most people. Even those with current complaints must admit that they've got some gorgeous items in their collections which they would not otherwise have clapped eyes on in purrson.

GTV may not be quite what they were originally, but they've cut through some of the BS in the industry and have brought a huge amount of fun and enthusiasm to gem collecting. I've loved it and just wish I could have continued the fun financially.

Latest posts

Back