Simply Yogurt

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Olivia

Registered Shopper
I really like this yogurt - very creamy and more like a dessert than yogurt but I've noticed that it doesn't always set evenly and over the course or a few days it separates sometimes. It's not really a problem as I just drain it off but I was wondering if anyone else suffered from this and whethere there is a solution ?

I have had the same problem with this yoghurt, mine has not set at all, I have tried making it with room temp water, but is still not setting, I have packets of apricot and banana, they are still in date but am wondering if they go off in a cold kitchen , although they are in a sealed packet, I have even tried making them up in the easyo yoghurt container.dont feel like buying any more of them.

I wish I knew the answer to this. I made some Easiyo boysenbrry twice last week and the first lot was really thick like french set yoghurt and the second lot was really runny yet both were made in the same way.:confused2:

Thanks for your replies - at least it's not just me having trouble! I've had the same thing, a pear one didn't set at all and yet they are stored in the same place. Well I will plough through the rest of the ones I have and see how they go before deciding if I'll buy any more. I've not tried Easiyo but I think they work in the same containers so might try that.

I have tried Easiyo and Ideal World Yoghurt.

Love them when they work - but have had so much trouble with runny ones I have given up.

Working out the cost of the ones I was throwing away it was cheaper to buy ready-made.
But I like the stuff when it works - don't know why some do and some don't - all made the same.

I've never had runny results but I'm not an every-day yogurt-er. However, I heard that if it separates a bit you should just stir it in, that's the whey and it's good for ya :clapping:

clemenzina

I love these yoghurts. Not tried the IW version but I believe they're very similar. In my experience some set thicker than others and I recently chucked a lemon flavour one away because it was so horrible. My favourite is the Greek and I had a gigantic bowl of it today with blueberries, strawberry puree, seeds and nuts all over it.
Luvverly! :)

I really like this yogurt - very creamy and more like a dessert than yogurt but I've noticed that it doesn't always set evenly and over the course or a few days it separates sometimes. It's not really a problem as I just drain it off but I was wondering if anyone else suffered from this and whethere there is a solution ?

Firstly, setting can be affected by the ambient temperature of the room the kit isin while the yohourt is stewing away.

As for the separating, you don't see the separation with bought stirred yoghourt but set yoghourt will always do it after a little while. Just stir it in or if you don't want it to thin the yoghourt pour it off but don't waste it.
For example you could use it when making scones.

Latest posts

Back