Wither Rocks & Co...?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
I have to confess, I'm puzzled by this channel.

I started out as Rocks & Co's stanchest defender, but I'm starting to get really fed up with the dull presenting style, overinflated prices, windowed gemstones, skimpy gold weights, terrible paraiba and hype, hype, hype. On top of that, the designs (which were what attracted me to this channel in the first place) are starting to get a bit "samey".

I'd more or less stopped watching, but then I flicked on Rocks & Co and saw this:

http://www.rocksandco.com/Jewellery/ProductDetail.aspx?SKU=982 973

which in my opinion is so stunning that I had to have it (even at £349, which is really too expensive even though it is a pretty substantial piece). Some of the other "Colours of Life" pieces are gorgeous, too, and I don't think any other channel would have designs like this.

So my question is this: Why can't this channel make the most of what they've got? Some great designs, wonderful variety of gemstones (if only they could manage to cut them properly) and John Scott... The paucity of posts for Rocks & Co on this forum suggests that they're not the most popular channel, and I can't help feeling that something will have to change if they're going to make a go of it.

That's a beautiful piece Miss Magpie, I have seen it and am green with envy! :envy:

I seem to always be having a go at Rocks & Co but imho they deserve all the criticism they get. I feel so sorry for the viewers who have no knowledge or the benefit of knowing about this wonderful forum to seek advice. They probably listen to all the rubbish that is spouted and spend their hard earned money on windowed stones, almost colourless Paraiba, Tanzanite which they think has cost £1000 per carat and an assortment of treated stones that they don't know are treated! I would guess a lot of people don't rush out to get a Safeguard valuation so will be ignorant to the faults and true value of what they've bought. Maybe in those cases ignorance is bliss!

Yes I agree that they do have some lovely designs but I'm afraid the amateur presenters (except John), total hype, pathetic gold weights and windowed stones together with inflated prices for a TV Jewellery Channel, will prevent me from spending another penny with Rocks & Co.

I haven't bought anything from them yet, but if I do, it will be one of their rainbow, multi-gemstone pendants. I love those pieces (apart from one I saw a couple of days ago that looked like a child's windmill off Teletubbies)... most of their rainbow stuff looks gorgeous, very tempting.

Just saw them sell a 60 carat Paraiba pendant for £14,999!!! It was horrible! Very pale, very very blingy!

More rainbows please, Rocks!

I haven't bought anything from them yet, but if I do, it will be one of their rainbow, multi-gemstone pendants. I love those pieces (apart from one I saw a couple of days ago that looked like a child's windmill off Teletubbies)... most of their rainbow stuff looks gorgeous, very tempting.

Just saw them sell a 60 carat Paraiba pendant for £14,999!!! It was horrible! Very pale, very very blingy!

More rainbows please, Rocks!

OMG i saw that was that the one with 2 in the game last night

Latest posts

Back