RS on our mind!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tia

milk in our tea
On a hill, at the end of the road, where the wind
I am awaiting delivery of my half eternity RS ring from gems, but I had a look at BKK website and spotted a full eternity ring in RS and set in 14 or 18K YG or WG, for $499. The stones are 2.5mm, 6gr of gold. The 2.2mm of saphires is $399
the GTV ring (£245 minus 10%) has 1.7mm sapphires, 32 of them, it is a double row and only 4.45 9k yg

Hmmm, don't know what is the better deal now?
http://bkkgemstones.com/25mm-rainbow-sapphire-eternity-ring-p-2341.html
I could be tempted to buy a full eternity ring in YG from BKK if I get really sucked into the RS

It's beautiful Tia, but don't forget you'd have to pay the tax on top of that price. xxxxx

I must say the pictures (on here) i have seen of the RS jewellery Trent has made are stunning i'm sure the RS ladies who have his items will post some pics for you.

Attachments

• My jewellery 015.jpg
    My jewellery 015.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
This is the one that I got from Trent a while back in 14k w/g, and it's absolutely gorgeous Tia.

If you do decide to get a piece made, contact Trent, I'm sure in these time, he'd be prepared to negotiate a deal with you.

http://bkkgemstones.com/22mm-rainbow-sapphire-double-eternity-ring-p-2664.html

(I've also got the matching earrings, bracelet, pendant and necklace :whistle: )

I remember your gorgeous pics! Was it a hassle free transaction, was shipping ok and did you have to wait long??(sorry for the questions...)

I should really not look at any more gems................... :wait2:

Yes, yes and no. :4: I found even with paying the duty, it was still a good deal. I ordered the ring first to see what the quality and service was like, and after that ordered the earrings, bracelet and pendant together. My bracelet got broken in transit, but Trent immediately reassured me he would make another a.s.a.p, and deal with FedEx to recover his costs, (which took several months).

It was after that I had the necklace made, and he liased with me throughout the process, it took longer because it was a one off, so they did several mock ups before he was happy with it. It arrived with a lab certifcate and a valuation, which was considerably more than I'd paid. I did look at other websites selling RS, and the valuation on the necklace was in line with what other companies were charging for similar items. I only wish I had more occasion to wear the necklace, but it's come with me on cruises and has been much admired.

Miss M also had her own piece made by Trent, so mine are safe! Besides, she'd have to fight me for them, and I've met Miss M, so I know I'd win :4:

I remember your gorgeous pics! Was it a hassle free transaction, was shipping ok and did you have to wait long??(sorry for the questions...)

I should really not look at any more gems................... :wait2:
Love that ring Tia, been drooling over that one too, in WG.

Having seen Mad's beauties in the flesh
eek.gif
, so to speak, I must say they are fab! I am just waiting for a wedding anniversary, or any other excuse really
lol.gif
to take the plunge!

Tia I got my RS half eternity ring from Trent last year .... too late in the night to post a pic, sorry.

I was one of the lucky ones who didn't get stung for taxes. The transaction was very easy as Trent kept me up to date throughout the whole process by email but the very best thing for me was I could choose exactly what I wanted and it was made in a size i so no resizing necessary.

HTH

Love that ring Tia, been drooling over that one too, in WG.

Having seen Mad's beauties in the flesh
eek.gif
, so to speak, I must say they are fab! I am just waiting for a wedding anniversary, or any other excuse really
lol.gif
to take the plunge!

I think the whole forum has by now! :grin:

Tia - there is a way around the tax issue. PM me if you're interested.

I'd like to just throw in a slightly different point of view if I may? I didn't like an item that Trent made me. We had a lot of to-ing and fro-ing to get it right and I felt like I was pestering him BUT I was spending a lot of money and so wanted it to be right. At the end of the day it wasn't and I sold it on. When he saw I was selling it, he sent me a fairly snippy series of emails that I felt was a bit "off".

Having said that, since then, I've bought a couple of loose gemstones - all of which have been lovely and far better than the photos on his website. He's been cordial and polite and appears to have forgiven me!

Would I buy an RS item from him - yes but only if it were a stock issue like the ones on his website. I think he's got those down to a T. M4G's photos are a testament to that.

Tia - there is a way around the tax issue. PM me if you're interested.

I'd like to just throw in a slightly different point of view if I may? I didn't like an item that Trent made me. We had a lot of to-ing and fro-ing to get it right and I felt like I was pestering him BUT I was spending a lot of money and so wanted it to be right. At the end of the day it wasn't and I sold it on. When he saw I was selling it, he sent me a fairly snippy series of emails that I felt was a bit "off".

Having said that, since then, I've bought a couple of loose gemstones - all of which have been lovely and far better than the photos on his website. He's been cordial and polite and appears to have forgiven me!

Would I buy an RS item from him - yes but only if it were a stock issue like the ones on his website. I think he's got those down to a T. M4G's photos are a testament to that.
Thats a bit off sending you snippy emails i found him a bit off with me once as well do you remember when i was after a bi colour tourmaline he said he had found 3 for me to look at and would take photos for me and email me the following day, he emailed to say "sorry i have sold them all to a regular that called me after i had photographed them for you but i will find another for you and email you", i said i appreciate you regulars have to come first but as you found them for me you could of save me just one of them he apologised and said he would source me one asap, that was nearly 12 months ago lol
I also noticed he has disappeared off here?

Miss M also had her own piece made by Trent, so mine are safe! Besides, she'd have to fight me for them, and I've met Miss M, so I know I'd win :4:

M4G, I think we need to sort this out outside! :)

In fact, I have had two pieces made by Trent - the first one I didn't like, and he accepted it back for a refund even though it was a custom piece, and was good about it I thought. This is it:

http://bkkgemstones.com/aurora-sapphire-eternity-ring-p-3267.html

The second one I do like (although I now think it might have been better in YG - hardly Trent's fault), and he want to a lot of troube to get it right for me. This was also a custom piece - here it is:

http://bkkgemstones.com/rainbow-sapphire-bezel-eternity-ring-p-4006.html

And this is Meeshoo's bracelet, which I bought from her - her loss is my gain!

http://bkkgemstones.com/multi-color-sapphire-diamond-tennis-bracelet-p-3465.html

On the whole, I agree with the advice to avoid commissions and buy stock pieces. I've had problems with commissions elsewhere - you really don't know if you will like the piece until you see it, by which time is it (more or less) too late.

Yes, but how many people can say they've handled them as well!
eek.gif
roflmao.gif

Only the few elite Marion, only the few elite:wink:

I'm sorry others have had problems dealing with Trent, I can only speak from my own experience and say that I found dealing with him totally hassle free.

Latest posts

Back