IW fashion are they laughing at us....they must be!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I don't mean us, 'cause we're laughing too, but obviously there is a market for this shite, if they didn't sell enough then I'm sure they'd make a bit more effort with their presentation.

I can imagine the models having to think about sad things to stop themselves laughing when they're made to pose wearing a harlequin jacket with a stripey polo shirt, stretch nylon trousers and stilettos!

I find it somewhat annoying in some ways, that they obviously don't give a flying feck about whether the clothes actually fit the models, that the clothes are ironed, and without loose threads. it wouldn't suprise me in the least if they started showing stuff complete with stains...but in other ways I hope they keep up the bad work, 'cause it's so bliddy hilarious.

I guess it's a case of they're laughing at us laughing at them....strange!!!!

I don't mean us, 'cause we're laughing too, but obviously there is a market for this shite, if they didn't sell enough then I'm sure they'd make a bit more effort with their presentation.

I can imagine the models having to think about sad things to stop themselves laughing when they're made to pose wearing a harlequin jacket with a stripey polo shirt, stretch nylon trousers and stilettos!

I find it somewhat annoying in some ways, that they obviously don't give a flying feck about whether the clothes actually fit the models, that the clothes are ironed, and without loose threads. it wouldn't suprise me in the least if they started showing stuff complete with stains...but in other ways I hope they keep up the bad work, 'cause it's so bliddy hilarious.

I guess it's a case of they're laughing at us laughing at them....strange!!!!
It's clear from the feedback emails, phone calls, etc., that both IW and QVC aim their clothing ranges mainly at an older, larger, short woman. Size and age often make it difficult to wear really fashionable clothing even if the inclination is there and if you only have your state pension you can't afford to pay £80 for a dress or £150 for a jacket. IW clothing covers this market this quite well.

IW is a retail outlet when all is said and done and has to offer its customers what it knows they will buy. It's very noticable that when they try to spice it up with a new range which is a bit more up to the minute or "classier", the brand doesn't get a second run.

Having said that, I am over retirement age and plus size and wouldn't be seen dead in the stuff they peddle BUT I have always had an interest in fashion and worked in a field where looking good was important so I'm not going to start wearing shiny polyester even at my advanced age. On the other hand I wouldn't deny it to those who like that sort of thing.

I know much of the stuff's frumpy, and they're not trying to appeal to the "fashionista", but they could still put a bit more effort into presentation ,especially on the website, where they've just flung everything together in the most haphazard fashion, caring little whether loose threads are showing, the models are actually wearing the correct size, and that visible creasing is removed. There's plenty of mail order catalogues out there that cater for the older, larger, shorter woman, and I'm sure that if they showed their catalogue models wearing the clothes just thrown together, with colours mismatched and unsuitable shoes....I wonder whether they'd sell so much. If this is the case and IW are thinking oh well, most of our customers are old and overweight, so they don't care what they buy, then they're worse than I thought they were!

Latest posts

Back