Couriers Used by TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

willow

Registered Shopper
:mysmilie_348: it's ages since i've been on the forum so apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere. I have recently placed my first order with TJC and expected my parcel to be delivered today. Initially the tracking system said that my parcel number was invalid but I figured that was because it was Christmas and I was just being impatient (which I'm prone to being I have to be honest). When I checked this morning it said that the parcel had been delivered and then in brackets it said out for delivery. I've had two other parcels scheduled for delivery today so I've been up since 7 am and haven't left the house and now the website has been updated to say that delivery has been attempted!!! No doorbell, no door knock and more importantly no card to say 'sorry we missed you' so not quite sure how this happened.

Have called TJC who are a bit bemused because they have differing information appearing on their website. I can't now rearrange delivery until New Year's Eve but I'm a bit nervous about staying in again all day if this could happen again. As it is my first order I'm feeling a little disappointed (although this isn't TJC's fault as such). Has anyone else had this experience?

Sorry for rambling on.........

Hi Willow and welcome back.

TJC do their deliveries through DX.......tel 0844 277 5511 or 01753 631280

I had the same message not long ago and they (DX) had the cheek to tell me the courier had broken down! Arranged delivery for the next day using the above number. The courier was so overloaded with deliveries he had simply run out of time and had to return to the depot by 6pm!

Hope you get your delivery soon.

Thanks Sacha. I've re-arranged delivery online for New Year's Eve so fingers crossed it arrives. I suspect that they were just too busy to do all their deliveries but it really doesn't reflect very well on TJC does it? At the moment I'm inclined to send it all back and not bother but I'm sure that when it arrives I'll love it all and keep it!!

Hi Willow, I hope that you don't give up on TJC.
I ordered some jewellery on Christmas day (early birthday presents) and they arrived today. I am impressed! I did not expect anything this week.
I also received my extra presents a pair of silver earrings very cute earrings and gold covered set of three silver rings

Sapphireblue

I must say I do hate TheDX with a passion.

I've never (yet) had a problem with them claiming to have delivered when they haven't, but the issue is their stupid policy of not leaving the package with a neighbour if you happen to be out when they call - even if my neighbour actually hears my doorbell (it's very loud) and comes to the door. None of the other delivery companies are like this. It really puts me off ordering from TJC.

I know I have mentioned this before, but I'm taking the opportunity to do so again in the hope that TJC will be reading this and will DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Happy New Year everyone - hope 2010 is a fantastic year for you. Well my rings turned up at about 10 am on on NYE and I must admit all of them went back (probably cutting my nose off to spite my stubborn face but there we go). Will keep watching though because I'm sure I'll want something else very soon :)

I wonder what the overarching policy is on deliveries though MissMagpie because my parcel didn't even require a signature - they just handed it over to my mum. In fact when I spoke with TJC on Tuesday they couldn't understand why re-delivery was required because the packet 'could just have been posted through the letter box'. If a courier is used (at a cost, albeit a fairly reasonable one) I think I would feel safer being required to sign for the packet. Seems a bit crazy though that they will hand the parcel over without a signature yet won't leave with a neighbour if they sign (I'd be lost if my neighbours couldn't do this for me!). Wonder if it depends on the DX employee...........

I also hate the DX with a passion.

I was going to make my first TJC order back in April 09, but after numerous phone calls with DX saying that they had tried to deliver twice, I just told them to send it back to tjc and got a refund. They had never been and I had proof that no-one had been through the gate. It's the only way in, yet they swore blind that they had been and I was out....again not possible, as I was totally housebound due to illness at that point!

I told tjc what I thought of DX and didn't even think about ordering until November...the next three items arrived quickly with no problems...posted through my letterbox. Great I thought, they have listened to their customers and got a new courier. Not that simple eh? You bet.

I ordered a ring before xmas, with guaranteed before cristmas delivery. It was despatched 21st. On the 29th I rang tjc who gave me DX's number. They gave no explanation of why they hadn't even bothered to deliver, but said they could do so next day. About 4pm, they rang me to say the van had broken down, and I could have either the 31st or another date of my choice. I picked 31st, and was assured they would call me on the day and give an estimated time of arrival.

By 5pm I had had no call and no package(I had left directions and my phone number.) I called them. They were shut.

I called this morning, apparently the driver couldn't find my property...I live in a major city, on a main road, and they had my number to call, in case of terminal stupidity.

They now have my number(again) and directions(again) and are apparently coming Tuesday. So that will be three wasted days, on something that cost under £20. Not to mention it was part of an xmas pressie. If I have no luck Tuesday, I will cancell and get a refund.

If any employees of TJC read this forum, get rid of this inept courier company. There must be plenty of others out there who can actually do their job without fuss. It causes your customers so much frustration, time and money. We already pay an exorbitant delivery charge, so get your customer services sorted out before we stop buying from you altogether!

I've got to agree - DX are the most inflexible of courier companies BUT it depends where you live. Some forum members have had no problems and jewellery gets put through the letterbox others have a nightmare. Unfortunately my local DX have told me that "the items are high risk and TJC insist on a signature" - which clearly isn't correct as TJC had no idea what I was talking about when I spoke to them about this.

For me, they've either failed to deliver (run out of time) or say they've been but no card etc, or couldn't find my work(!) or or or or or ................... They used to use Royal Mail and the service was fabulous. I wish they'd go back to using them.

Latest posts

Back