TJC buying and bringing back Ideal World.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

harrytumkins

Registered Shopper
Firstly this is my view based on something I heard earlier on Anshu and Chris's show

Anshu said something along the lines of "Everything is signed now all systems go"

cut back to Chris who stopped and said that sounds "ideal" with a big pause

Later on this afternoon, Chris was talking about him going to India in a month or so (for the company) Anshu said
"I think all of that will be cancelled that is when it is all happening"

Anshu also said one of the behind-the-scenes people would "be very very busy" the next few months

The above would make a lot of sense of the seemingly "overstocking" of presenters

I would think maybe they have bought the rights to the channel name and the EPG slot on Freeview and the old Ideal crew will filter onto
this channel but it will be run by TJC

I am pretty certain something is happening in the next month

Firstly this is my view based on something I heard earlier on Anshu and Chris's show

Anshu said something along the lines of "Everything is signed now all systems go"

cut back to Chris who stopped and said that sounds "ideal" with a big pause

Later on this afternoon, Chris was talking about him going to India in a month or so (for the company) Anshu said
"I think all of that will be cancelled that is when it is all happening"

Anshu also said one of the behind-the-scenes people would "be very very busy" the next few months

The above would make a lot of sense of the seemingly "overstocking" of presenters

I would think maybe they have bought the rights to the channel name and the EPG slot on Freeview and the old Ideal crew will filter onto
this channel but it will be run by TJC

I am pretty certain something is happening in the next month
Interesting. On the TJC site/app (and Sat?) they have a separate TJC Beauty 'live' channel. Maybe they're going to bring that to Freeview.

Or possibly, and what would make more sense to me, would be to split their mainly jewellery offer on current TJC and add a "TJC Home" channel selling the vast array of home/fashion non-gem/jewellery stuff they have on the website.

Strange but not surprising, from what little i've seen of TJC they are just a boring version of IW, presenters and guest only to willing to spout absolute nonsense to get a sale.

Although Sky 671 is a QVC channel at the moment, wonder if they meant 668 which is the TJC Beauty channel (although that's an SD channel so would be a crappy picture, plus don't think it's on Sky Stream or Sky Glass).

Does this mean shop extra goes

Doesn't help their chances of making a viable channel with new direct competition.

Strangely, as much as i would want shop extra to fail, i would like to see the new Ideal World channel fail even more, hopefully both fail, but unfortunately the new IW is backed with bigger pockets than shop extra are.

I wasn't going mad then, thanks Sazza

TJC Beauty discontinued ouch that is a bit of a surprise but as was said at the time not very often a channel cuts hours then comes back with more at a later date

Will this mean the last we see of Natasha, Peter S, Chloe and all the other beauty presenters? If remember correctly,some of them used to work for QVC in the old days and left the channel. A step backward perhaps ..

I am not sure how TJC will be perceived taking on a channel that left suppliers, customers up in the air with payments, supply etc.

The Shop Extra thing always had the look of a rushed and little resources placed operation. Almost done as a favour for some on screen and studio staff and guests from the original Ideal World days. You wonder now whether one or two of the more experienced final version of Ideal World presenters were biding their time and waiting for a development like this - rather than the simpering four who rushed over to front the Shop Extra project? Where this leaves both it and the queasy quartet, who knows?

They have acquired the name,not sure why because it left many customers dissatisfied after the last incarnation went bust.
It’s hardly a name to be trusted especially if the shop extra mob come scuttling back.

Yeah it's just the name (like a lot of the watch brands on IW were only a name from an old defunct brand with no history or heritage and no connection to the previous company) oh and cameras, cameras etc will probably be needed if they are replacing TJC beauty as that was only in SD whereas IW had HD cameras, so the channel could go HD.

I see the old IW premises that they rented is still up for sale, if anyone has a cool £8/9 million spare in their back pocket. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah it's just the name (like a lot of the watch brands on IW were only a name from an old defunct brand with no history or heritage and no connection to the previous company) oh and cameras, cameras etc will probably be needed if they are replacing TJC beauty as that was only in SD whereas IW had HD cameras, so the channel could go HD.

I see the old IW premises that they rented is still up for sale, if anyone has a cool £8/9 million spare in their back pocket. :ROFLMAO:
Does the Caravan come with it

I just posted the following in the Ideal World section, touches on some of the points you've already raised here :)

I wonder if any of the Shop Extra lot will want a piece of the new IW gig? Shallow as they are, no doubt they'll be able to completely ignore the fact they were slagging it off in all but name just mere weeks ago. And yes I'm aware it's not the same IW that's being resurrected before anyone feels the need to point that out ;)

It's kind of in keeping with some of the products they flog i.e. that have the brand name (more recently acquired) of something that was quality years/decades ago, but is now used as a 'brand front' to flog cheap tat.

Broadly, it'll end up like the IW that demised a few months back. If anyone's expecting anything significantly different I feel sorry for them. It might vary slightly but ultimately it'll be the same sort of presenters, the same sort of products (perhaps broadened due to TJC influence but no better quality wise) and of course the same bullsh1t being spouted.

I'm a bit confused so can someone put me straight - So IW closed but the create and craft side of the business relaunched IW on a smaller scale and "shared" their platform with them, some of the original presenters remained, whilst a few went over to TJC. Then TJC bought the original IW channel and now it's based in London and has its own separate channel number and they're using the presenters that they took on from the original IW to present the new one - Am I right so far?
What's happened to Ideal Extra which transmitted from Peterborough? Is that still a thing, if not what's happened to the people who presented it? And what's happened to Mike "Barra Boi" Mason? It all sounds like a bit of a mess to me!

Well, from what I can understand of it all, TJC have bought the Ideal World name, channel numbers, website etc. What happens about the debt from the previous version I don’t know. There is a semi-impersonation of Ideal World called Shop Extra operating out of a very small studio and run by the Create and Craft owners with four of the former presenters from the defunct version of Ideal World. If we talking in musical terms, it almost reminds me of when an a successful band of years gone by splits up acrimoniously and the drummer then goes out on his own using the previous name, the bass player does the same, as does the guitarist and the lead singer. Then it all ends up in court!! What a mess..

Will this mean the last we see of Natasha, Peter S, Chloe and all the other beauty presenters? If remember correctly,some of them used to work for QVC in the old days and left the channel. A step backward perhaps ..

I am not sure how TJC will be perceived taking on a channel that left suppliers, customers up in the air with payments, supply etc.
Not in a good light for sure

I'm a bit confused so can someone put me straight - So IW closed but the create and craft side of the business relaunched IW on a smaller scale and "shared" their platform with them, some of the original presenters remained, whilst a few went over to TJC. Then TJC bought the original IW channel and now it's based in London and has its own separate channel number and they're using the presenters that they took on from the original IW to present the new one - Am I right so far?
What's happened to Ideal Extra which transmitted from Peterborough? Is that still a thing, if not what's happened to the people who presented it? And what's happened to Mike "Barra Boi" Mason? It all sounds like a bit of a mess to me!

It's a bit confusing because, the companies are going bust the the channel name continues on.

Ideal World LTD is dead and buried, same as it's predecessor Ideal Shopping Direct LTD.

Ideal Shopping direct LTD had various assets, ie Ideal Shopping TV Channel, Create and craft TV channel, Ideal Extra etc.

They started flogging off assets to stave off admin but it didn't work. Hochanda bought the craft side of the business (Create & Craft channel etc).

Hamish M bought some of the assets, The Ideal World TV channel part of the business without any of the debt (which was still running at this point so no interruption in broadcasting etc), as well as the leasing of the existing premises in Peterborough and retained existing workforce just before Ideal Shopping Direct LTD went into Administration. The channel was then part of his Branchests Ltd business, he then renamed his company to Ideal World Ltd, so we end up with the existing Ideal World channel being run by a new Ideal World Company, but it's a totally different company to the original. In simple terms just a new owner for the IW Channel part of the business.

Of course that has now gone defunct as well.

Now to today's situation, 4 old presenters have gone to Hochanda and they've renamed their Craft extra channel to Shop Extra and started selling items similar to Ideal World, but while they have some ex Ideal World employees, Shop Extra has nothing to do with Ideal World. They are trying to be a similar channel, selling similar goods but that's all.

TJC have done similar but also slightly differently to Hamish M, they did it after Administration where as Hamish M did it before, hence why channel went off air and employees were made redundant, but unlike Hamish M they didn't take over the running of the Channel or the lease for the premises it was being broadcast from, nor the employees. They've only bought the Channel name, the freeview channel slot (that's why on sky etc the channel is being shown on TJC Beauty's former slot, THe IW slot on Sky has already been bought by QVC) and the broadcasting equipment for the new studios. Now some ex employees may appear but is not part of any deal TJC did with Administrators when buying the assets. Although again it's called Ideal World, like before it's a totally different owner ( TJC ) but this time it's a totally different channel, broadcasting from different studios, but using the Ideal World name.

Not sure what happened to Ideal Extra though, slot probably sold off by the administrators.

Hope that makes sense cause i'm confused. :ROFLMAO:

It's a bit confusing because, the companies are going bust the the channel name continues on.

Ideal World LTD is dead and buried, same as it's predecessor Ideal Shopping Direct LTD.

Ideal Shopping direct LTD had various assets, ie Ideal Shopping TV Channel, Create and craft TV channel, Ideal Extra etc.

They started flogging off assets to stave off admin but it didn't work. Hochanda bought the craft side of the business (Create & Craft channel etc).

Hamish M bought some of the assets, The Ideal World TV channel part of the business without any of the debt (which was still running at this point so no interruption in broadcasting etc), as well as the leasing of the existing premises in Peterborough and retained existing workforce just before Ideal Shopping Direct LTD went into Administration. The channel was then part of his Branchests Ltd business, he then renamed his company to Ideal World Ltd, so we end up with the existing Ideal World channel being run by a new Ideal World Company, but it's a totally different company to the original. In simple terms just a new owner for the IW Channel part of the business.

Of course that has now gone defunct as well.

Now to today's situation, 4 old presenters have gone to Hochanda and they've renamed their Craft extra channel to Shop Extra and started selling items similar to Ideal World, but while they have some ex Ideal World employees, Shop Extra has nothing to do with Ideal World. They are trying to be a similar channel, selling similar goods but that's all.

TJC have done similar but also slightly differently to Hamish M, they did it after Administration where as Hamish M did it before, hence why channel went off air and employees were made redundant, but unlike Hamish M they didn't take over the running of the Channel or the lease for the premises it was being broadcast from, nor the employees. They've only bought the Channel name, the freeview channel slot (that's why on sky etc the channel is being shown on TJC Beauty's former slot, THe IW slot on Sky has already been bought by QVC) and the broadcasting equipment for the new studios. Now some ex employees may appear but is not part of any deal TJC did with Administrators when buying the assets. Although again it's called Ideal World, like before it's a totally different owner ( TJC ) but this time it's a totally different channel, broadcasting from different studios, but using the Ideal World name.

Not sure what happened to Ideal Extra though, slot probably sold off by the administrators.

Hope that makes sense cause i'm confused. :ROFLMAO:
😕

Latest posts

Back