"Please Hang Up"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

L

Lee Jones

Guest Shopper
Have lost count both last night and tonight, of the amount of times Rodney has said "please hang up" - is this because it's a freephone number and they don't want to have to pick up the cost of callers hanging on for too long?!

Also, as I said last night, Steve is one of my favourites, but can he please get someone to put a microphone on him when he comes into the studio, always strain to hear what he is saying.

Have lost count both last night and tonight, of the amount of times Rodney has said "please hang up" - is this because it's a freephone number and they don't want to have to pick up the cost of callers hanging on for too long?!

Also, as I said last night, Steve is one of my favourites, but can he please get someone to put a microphone on him when he comes into the studio, always strain to hear what he is saying.

It is probably because the item in the auction has sold.

I think people would complain if they were kept holding for too long waiting for an item that has sold out! They have been saying "please hang up" when the auction has ended.

:mysmilie_348:

Sorry, should have mentioned - that he does it whilst an item is still on screen being sold, as in 'if you don't want these please hang up' - well why would they be on the phone if they wern't?

You'd be surprised how many people phone up and not press '1' to buy, not only on Rocks.tv, but on other channels too. Channels that charge an extortionate amount to call! It doesn't make sense to me...
I think they only have a limited number of lines at Rocks, as the number is free. So I think they're just politely asking people who don't want it to put down the phone.

I think it's because they have only got a limited number of lines, and if people are holding and not buying, no-one else can get through...

Any costs will have to be passed on to us at some point, so phone hoggers are only going to have an effect on prices in due course, so do harm to us all. I suspect many hold onto the line, just in case of a surprise drop, i.e. £1. I wouldn't be surprised if this is why some channels make a nominal charge, simply to discourage this practice. xxxx

To be honest, given how quickly we can jump in on the internet I am not surprised that people play the hanging on game. On the openning night it was amazing how many times all the pieces went on the web very quickly when the price fell, especially when they were dropped too low by accident. It felt, at points, as though people HAD to hang on the phones till they see something they want in order to be certain of securing it over us bunch of vultures!! lol!!

Can't say I blame Rocks for asking people to hang up....and they do it ever so politely, so I am not going to complain!!!

Latest posts

Back