New Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
If Rocks & Co are to be continuing trading, I would assume they'll need to recruit new presenters.

I wonder if perhaps Sam from Gems will join them? Since she worked in around the same geographical area when she was at Gems and I believe she is related to Jerrilee (who I think is still there), maybe she'll be one of the new faces?

Just a thought - probably totally wrong mind you :mysmilie_11:

Wonder what's going on then?

Kay leaves and comes back, Sarah leaves and comes back .....well they're not getting John back even if I have to kidnap him and drag him up here to the wintry wilds of Scotland!

Strange, unless they are keeping the midnight to 2am slot on Freeview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerilee is so funny, i like watching her she makes me laugh LOL

I haven't watched Rocks & Co for more than a few minutes in ages, but I too quite liked Jerrilee ... I think you & I are the only 2 on here that did like her, Phill!!!!!

please excuse a newbie post and maybe I'm wrong, but I though tJerilee had left Rocks&co. Obviously she's still there, so I am wrong.
I thought a few of the R&Co presenters had been made redundant with the move to the Midlands? No?

Looking at their website, they have an area "meet the presenters" on Thursday I noticed John Scott was missing, for obvious reasons, by Friday only Jerilee and Victoria were left....Maybe they have all officially left, but are coming back on a freelance basis until things are sorted out. Until they have all found new jobs I guess they would be grateful for the work.

all their contracts would have been terminated, I imagine. Probably been a hiatus while negotiations for new contract were occurring. The world of jewellery selling has changed hugely since I last indulged. It sounds like a different planet.

They all announced they were leaving, apart from Jerilee and Victoria. I gather that under employment law they all had to be made redundant when Rocks & Co moved to Leamington, and offered their jobs back if they wanted to continue in the new location. (That's what Tony Diniz said on this Forum, anyway.) Presumably all but Jerilee and Victoria decided to part company...

I haven't watched Rocks & Co for more than a few minutes in ages, but I too quite liked Jerrilee ... I think you & I are the only 2 on here that did like her, Phill!!!!!

Haha she is excellent
I emailed the studio yesterday but they didn’t read it out ;(
But Jerilee is lovely I like watching her she’s very amusing!

They all announced they were leaving, apart from Jerilee and Victoria. I gather that under employment law they all had to be made redundant when Rocks & Co moved to Leamington, and offered their jobs back if they wanted to continue in the new location. (That's what Tony Diniz said on this Forum, anyway.) Presumably all but Jerilee and Victoria decided to part company...

It still amazes me to this day as to why they moved 150 - 200 miles north of where they originally were. Rockandco aka JML is a reasonably sized company so I would have thought they would have been able 2 survive in london, but it looks as if JML considered that their jewels channel wasnt making as much money as it should do, and to cut costs in the long run the only conclusion left was to move to a cheaper location.

It still amazes me to this day as to why they moved 150 - 200 miles north of where they originally were. Rockandco aka JML is a reasonably sized company so I would have thought they would have been able 2 survive in london, but it looks as if JML considered that their jewels channel wasnt making as much money as it should do, and to cut costs in the long run the only conclusion left was to move to a cheaper location.

I don't believe Rocks & Co are anything to do with JML but only used their facilities, therefore I wouldn't think JML would have been part of the decision to move location. Well at least that's what we were told by Rocks & Co quite some time ago.

However, despite their denials I still believe what someone in the know told me back at the start and that is that Don Kogan is Rocks & Co!

I don't believe Rocks & Co are anything to do with JML but only used their facilities, therefore I wouldn't think JML would have been part of the decision to move location. Well at least that's what we were told by Rocks & Co quite some time ago.

However, despite their denials I still believe what someone in the know told me back at the start and that is that Don Kogan is Rocks & Co!

So far as I know, the bosses are JML, and rocksandco is one of their franchises along with other shopping channels that they own. The direct bosses for rocksandco include the Diniz brothers (who are not just simply gem hunters etc) and maybe vicky burton (but I am not entirely sure of the last one). I dont think we will necessarily ever know the proper reason for the move further north, but the bottom line is that is what has happened.

Rocks and Co are a totally seoerate company to JML.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocks and Co piggybacked on to the JML customer services centre and IT systems located in the North East. The Rocks and Co studio was in London. I don't believe it was intended to be anything more than a shared service. If it worked, it would have made sense. However it obviously didn't work as the teething problems were horrendous and the customer care team couldn't answer questions about the products..

They always wanted to bring the two into one location - which is what they're doing now. However, it's highly unlikely that they thought this through at the start because all of the changes at the busiest time of year to sell jewellery (i.e. before Christmas) was very very very strange. The loss of the majority of presenters AND moving to different viewing channels are a very risky strategy. However, since they had such a dire start (in my opinion) in some ways completely starting afresh may not be as risky as it appears. Unfortunately for them, no major move like this is going to be a smooth transition and it's probable that there will be more upset customers when systems don't work, deliveries aren't on time, etc etc and basically they will have to go through exactly what they did when they started up. One year after start up they still hadn't rectified the issues (despite a huge amount of feedback) so it's unlikely that another start up will be without problems.

The Diniz brothers are directors. I didn't know if Vicki Burton was a director but Rocksandcofan seems to know that she is as he stated in another post. I do know she was responsible for hiring the presenters - what a great job she did there - NOT!

Rocks and Co piggybacked on to the JML customer services centre and IT systems located in the North East. The Rocks and Co studio was in London. I don't believe it was intended to be anything more than a shared service. If it worked, it would have made sense. However it obviously didn't work as the teething problems were horrendous and the customer care team couldn't answer questions about the products..

They always wanted to bring the two into one location - which is what they're doing now. However, it's highly unlikely that they thought this through at the start because all of the changes at the busiest time of year to sell jewellery (i.e. before Christmas) was very very very strange. The loss of the majority of presenters AND moving to different viewing channels are a very risky strategy. However, since they had such a dire start (in my opinion) in some ways completely starting afresh may not be as risky as it appears. Unfortunately for them, no major move like this is going to be a smooth transition and it's probable that there will be more upset customers when systems don't work, deliveries aren't on time, etc etc and basically they will have to go through exactly what they did when they started up. One year after start up they still hadn't rectified the issues (despite a huge amount of feedback) so it's unlikely that another start up will be without problems.

The Diniz brothers are directors. I didn't know if Vicki Burton was a director but Rocksandcofan seems to know that she is as he stated in another post. I do know she was responsible for hiring the presenters - what a great job she did there - NOT!

By the way have you noticed that for at least the last month or so the Diniz brothers have disappeared off the screens. :mysmilie_34: Either they are off back to Brazil, or somewhere else in the world, or since they are involved heavily in rocksandco they maybe dealing with the move to the Midlands along with Vicky Burton who also seems to have disappeared from our screens for a good amount of time. :mysmilie_81: As I told u she is on the lookout for new talent so maybe she is interviewing people at the moment and therefore hasn't got the time to present the program as well. And since Gems TV is now only down the road I wonder how many (if any) gems TV people will jump ship across to rocksandco - i would love Adina to join up, but then I think she is one of the main players in gems TV so she is unlikely to move elsewhere :( Interesting times ahead it seems :mysmilie_61:

Latest posts

Back