♫ Where do I begin.... ♫

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
I turned over to Gems TV today just for a wee nosey. What on earth is going on with the background music when they first show the piece to be auctioned? OMG I wasn't sure if someone had died and I was hearing background music in a funeral parlour or if I waited long enough, maybe Ali MacGraw and Ryan O'Neal would come skipping through the studio hand in hand!!! :mysmilie_81:

Flipping heck, nearly jumped out of my skin there! Now it's a cross between James Bond and the music they used to play for the Chart rundown on a Sunday evening!!! Definitely some plagiarism going on there!

Sorry to be negative, I know some of you have been lucky enough to find some pieces you like recently, but for me, this channel has become very weird indeed! Perhaps the music is to try and make the rubbish the presenters are spouting appear more believable (in this case is was the dreadful Vicky) but imho it just makes them look even worse!

Oh and by the way, for those of you who are not quite as mature in years as I am, my reference to Ali MacGraw and Ryan O'Neal is of course the film Love Story :mysmilie_12: Lurgey - I don't mean you :mysmilie_17:

I flicked on last night and even my OH said "what the heck is that music?" lol
Its not great i usualy just checkout the website these days.

I turned over to Gems TV today just for a wee nosey. What on earth is going on with the background music when they first show the piece to be auctioned? OMG I wasn't sure if someone had died and I was hearing background music in a funeral parlour or if I waited long enough, maybe Ali MacGraw and Ryan O'Neal would come skipping through the studio hand in hand!!! :mysmilie_81:

Flipping heck, nearly jumped out of my skin there! Now it's a cross between James Bond and the music they used to play for the Chart rundown on a Sunday evening!!! Definitely some plagiarism going on there!

Sorry to be negative, I know some of you have been lucky enough to find some pieces you like recently, but for me, this channel has become very weird indeed! Perhaps the music is to try and make the rubbish the presenters are spouting appear more believable (in this case is was the dreadful Vicky) but imho it just makes them look even worse!

Oh and by the way, for those of you who are not quite as mature in years as I am, my reference to Ali MacGraw and Ryan O'Neal is of course the film Love Story :mysmilie_12: Lurgey - I don't mean you :mysmilie_17:

Wossat Krosbint - the funeral parlour bit or skippin'?

Like Gemcherub, I've had my latest bits and bobs from the website, can't abide to watch now. Somebody else is now getting the lion's share of my disposables! xxxxxxxxxxxx

Wossat Krosbint - the funeral parlour bit or skippin'?

Like Gemcherub, I've had my latest bits and bobs from the website, can't abide to watch now. Somebody else is now getting the lion's share of my disposables! xxxxxxxxxxxx

Neither Lurgey! I mean that you're not one of the people who are younger and won't remember Love Story cos you're an older bird like me :mysmilie_61:

Never mind though - the older the fiddle the better the tune :mysmilie_698:

Neither Lurgey! I mean that you're not one of the people who are younger and won't remember Love Story cos you're an older bird like me :mysmilie_61:

Never mind though - the older the fiddle the better the tune :mysmilie_698:

Oi! Speak fer yerself grandma. I'm as old as the man I feel (in my dreams) which, by my reckonin' is about 25. :mysmilie_17: xxxx

Klos don't be sorry....love means never having to say you're sorry! :mysmilie_17:

I SO LOVE THAT FILM!!!

Sorry to go against what you have said above here (only some of it), but I like the presenting style these days :), and I also like the music :) as well apart from the James Bond or whatever it is music jingle which I cannot stand. :mysmilie_73: Oh yes and I cannot stand the blasted claxon, noisy or what. :mysmilie_81: The classical music is a bit unusual as well I must admit.:mysmilie_81: Oh dear! :(

I am relatively new to gemsTV so I cannot remember what it used to be like in the so called good old days, but for me I still like watching it even if some of the music I cannot particularly stand! Oh and finally I am a fan of Lucy, even if she does seem to be in somewhat of a hard sell mode at times. :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back