Whats going on GTV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

toomuchbling

Registered Shopper
In the last 2 weeks I have purchased 5 items at a considerable cost. (No complaint there) my complaint is the delivery. I paid 9.95 for named day deliverys and twice they have sent items on premium delivery therefore taking money well before the time of expected delivery. Again on saturday I purchased a necklace for £99 delivery set for 2 weeks and when i checked my bank today the money had been taken out and item ready fo shipment and again paid the 9.95 charge. I did phone Gems but all I got was that the system is not WORKING properly. Com on Gems if you are offering a 3 week delivery get your acgt together. Anybody else had these problems.

I've never had a problem with delivery, I've currently got two orders on separate wait dates and so far so good. Bad luck TMB xxx

I have an order for 13/3, I will check my account if they charged my card already. I really hope not!

Argey, are you sure you only have 2 orders waiting lol???

I'm going to have a back-up problem soon :mysmilie_61: xxx

But enough about your plumbing Argey! :mysmilie_697:

I've got an order scheduled for this Saturday and no money has been taken and it all looks ok so I'm of no use to you I'm afraid. It seems strange that it's happened on several of your orders so I'd definitely get in touch with CS and ask them to look into it for you? BTW, if you like the items, we really need to see pictures!!!! :mysmilie_698:

warning about bank taking money immediatley when ordering on the web!

Hi toomuchbling

I think I know what has happened. I have just placed an order for £95.00 and as the money wont be in the bank till Friday I though I would pay extra for named delivey for on the following Monday so that it would be processed Friday when money went in.

I went through the checkout process and had to go through the "Verified by Visa" during the checkout process (which some banks do to make sure you are who you say) and I thought that would be ok. I then went online to check my bank and discovered I had £95 less available in in my balance.:thinking:

I phoned Gems and apparantly if you checkout "online" your bank will "earmark" the funds immediatly and that is the reason. I paid the extra for Named day delivery and I feel a bit cheated as he said there was nothing he could do apart from change delivey to normal and it would be sent out now. He said that this doesnt happen if you order on the phone however some items like the ones I purchased from the web cannot be ordered over the phone:headbang:

If you had low funds and this happened you could be left short and end up overdrawn! I hope this helps anyone considering ordering over the web. It may also be advisable in future to try checkout on the phone if you dont want to lose item from your basket but dont have the funds at the time when you checkout.

Best wishes

Toots

Latest posts

Back