Higher Prices and not selling entire stock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Babs

Registered Shopper
I don't wish to be a doom monger but I have watched a few times over the past week and noticed that Gems aren't able to clear their stock lines on the Auctions despite a lot of persuasion from the presenters.
I watched a girl selling a Canary Diamond Solitaire Ring that she kept saying "this is the one that everybody wants" well it was still there after the auction finished.

Also I know the price of Gold Has increased but the reality is Gems have upped their prices radically, I was astounded at some of the prices for some of the Rings that normally you could buy for under £100.00 and they are now selling them for £299.00.

I can't say I am surprised that peeps aren't buying as Gems have not eactly been too honest about their Gem Stones lately but wow their prices stink.

:bandit:

over the past 2-3 weeks, i've the seen same 'showcase' tanzy & diamond earrings & rings appear, be sold, re-appear, be sold...you get the idea!

i think it's been mentioned a couple of times now, gems prices are getting very, very high...

I was staggered to see a garnet ring the other night for sale at £299!!!!

I'm glad im not the only one who thought the prices had gone a tad steep, espec the prices for their diamond 'simulant' and austrian crystal, the price we now pay for silver items, is what were were paying for gold items a few years ago, no wonder gems usa has kicked the bucket, doesnt bode too well for gems does it, espec with tjc under £50/£100/£200 pound days.

Agreed - I am watching the same overpriced tanzanite being auctioned for about the fourth time. The sad thing is, some of them are lovely pieces and if they were reasonable prices, I would be tempted to indulge!

N xx

Agreed - I am watching the same overpriced tanzanite being auctioned for about the fourth time. The sad thing is, some of them are lovely pieces and if they were reasonable prices, I would be tempted to indulge!

N xx

Why don't gemsTV flog the rest of the remaining unsold stock on say eBay or Amazon so at least they could get some return on the gems - if they don't, the gems will be gathering cob webs in an unwanted pile of gems in some distant corner of their warehouse :cheeky:

Apologies for rambling on..................

i wonder what % of their sales are on the web these days? based on what we see on the telly, how on earth can they be making any profit whatsoever just selling 10-15 items in an hour?? their overheads must be huge!
Just a quick look at some future web auctions shows shows there are no advance 'Solds'. So I would think sales
are down here also. For me.....atm.... the Clearance section is giving the best prices of all.

I've probably said it before, but I do think the programme producers need to re-think their strategy for the presentations...as this clearly isn't working too well. Sometimes even the presenters sound surprised when all the
stock is sold!

Having been watching GTV for a few years now, the live auctions were much more fun and entertaining when the
'we keep dropping till you come shopping' was still their policy. You had to play against other shoppers and it
was competitive fun to see how long folks could hold out till the price dropped down to their comfort zone.

Now it seems that the allocated time for each piece is given over to far too much nattering before the price
finally drops.....hallelujah!.... to its lowest price and the dratted 90 second clock starts! :sad:
And this also happens when there is a huge quantity of items...no wonder many remain unsold.

Perhaps the management could give the :clock: the heave-ho (and it can take that awful klaxon with it) to try
genuine falling price auctions again and see how they work out? I live in hope......:smirk:

Last edited:
Just a quick look at some future web auctions shows shows there are no advance 'Solds'. So I would think sales
are down here also. For me.....atm.... the Clearance section is giving the best prices of all.

I agree - the other day I saw a blue and black diamond in the 'ex demo' box for 122.... when I looked for it in clearance, it was way under a hundred.

N xxx

Just flipped over to find them selling beautiful tanzy, too expensive, again - lower the price and I'll buy it, loves!

N x

Latest posts

Back